Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "injuries still suck" RG thread

43K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  Lady Natalia 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heh. Now would be a good time to start the duck-in-the-mud thread. :banana:

His first clay tournament will be Monte Carlo Houston. Yaaaaayyyy!!! Boooo! :banana:

strikeout ar.com schedule mistake :p

OK. Houston it is. Andy's first title of the year, coming right up (we hope!). :cool:

#2 ·
Re: Loving the mud! (the Clay Season thread)

He's not going to Monte Carlo. He's on the entry list for Houston, so ar.com is wrong again (imagine that).

#6 ·

This is a season we don't have much hope anyway. If he gets pass the second round in any of these events, that's a plus and he even get to earn some extra poits :lol:

During clay season, Andy's goal is to make the 3rd round!

#8 · (Edited)

Pffft! Andy will win all clay tournaments, including RG, if they just replace the trophy with a trophy girl, and the winner's check with a lifetime's supply of Cheetos. The ATP knows that will be unfair for the rest of the tour and blasphemous to GodJesusFed so they keep the Cheetos locked up with Borg's Wimby trophies! :cool:

#11 ·

I don't love it :( I hate the clay!
none of my faves do well there...
Cowardly, stinking, retrieving terrier tennis... serve getting nerfed to almost nothing, moon balling, long matches, running and sliding until your legs feel like rubber...
let's face it: Grass is for cows, but clay is for earthworms :(

#15 ·

Carito_90 said:
Oh my GOD.

Andy's not playing Houston?!

Wow.
He is, he's on the entry list, like Fee said.

Sure they're advertising him as playing Monte Carlo b/c technically speaking he is right now. He'll probably pull out at the end of Houston like he usually does.

#17 ·

This is what Andy said about Houston today - if there was still any doubt as to whether he's playing.
===============
Q. Looking forward, last year you won more clay matches than you had in previous years, which is not to say you've become a great clay court player.

ANDY RODDICK: Thanks (laughing).

Q. What's your plan in terms of the clay court season?

ANDY RODDICK: I'm not sure yet, to be honest. Obviously, Houston is a huge priority for reasons that extend beyond tennis....

#19 ·

Sure, he's got very deep personal loyalties to the Macks and that tournament. So while I'd much rather him play, say, Valencia then Monte Carlo, he's just not. So I just have to suck it up every year and accept that these guys love Houston and that it's very important to him and that it's how he starts his clay season every year. It's gonna be tough this year, coming right from Grass. apparently he gets there very early every year and practices and hangs out and stuff like that.

#20 ·

yeah, as in 'a bunch of my buddies are going to meet me there...'

(Deb, be a love and make your sig purple or something. I read it twice before I realized it wasn't one of your posts :lol: )

Reactions: Deboogle!.
#21 ·

Fee said:
yeah, as in 'a bunch of my buddies are going to meet me there...'
well yes that too :)
Fee said:
(Deb, be a love and make your sig purple or something. I read it twice before I realized it wasn't one of your posts :lol: )
I'll see what I can do, I tried to change some stuff and it was giving me too many characters :eek:

edit: better?

#22 ·

Italics? It's very funny, by the way. Was that a press conference that I missed somewhere?

edit: yeah that looks good.

#23 ·

ya I posted it in the miami thread :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.