Mens Tennis Forums banner

2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully.

73K views 1K replies 35 participants last post by  lalaland 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 starts on the wrong side for Gilles. So this is take 2, let's start over again. Not to expect him to suddenly be good, but we'll do all we can (and pretty much all we can do is to open new thread for each tournament if that helps :p) to hope that he'll get better soon.

Next stop is Indian Wells, starts on March 8th, but he has bye, so probably won't start for him til the 10th at the earliest. HC is of course more of his element, so here's hoping that he'll do better, beat a Top 50 and get that monkey off the back. Allez Gilles.

I just noticed that I set the bar very low :lol:, baby steps baby steps, one tournament at a time.

#1,009 ·
Re: 2012 Hardcourt all the way! let's roll into another up cycle.

a slither of hope has returned

unfortunately i can't stay awake any longer, good luck gillou

#1,018 ·

He lost the 3rd set. He's mad beyond himself, not sure what he's complaining. But he's probably mad that he screwed this set up. I'll be mad too if I were him.

Is there anything that he can to do to win this match? He just can't do much. Maybe it's better if he just loses it in 4, limit the damage.

#1,022 ·

TV is not showing the match here, but it sounds painful to watch. I wonder if Gilles told himself before the match began that he should win this match because his opponent is hardworking but not very talented, and he is determined to pick up these points. As you say the statistics show he is really not able to serve and I hope he doesn't ruin his shoulder simply by being stubborn.

#1,023 ·

He leads 3-2 in the 4th with a break. He'll need at least 2 breaks up to win a set. I mean, it's a miracle that he doesn't get broken more often than he is, serving like this. C'mon Gilles, you aren't going to give up anyway, you must win to make it worth the trouble, the misery you are putting your fans thru.

#1,025 ·

BTW, I'm not looking at the stat, I'm looking at the radar meter after every serve.

Oh, and he got broken. so back on serve.

I don't blame him for trying his luck against Russell, I thought he could beat him without a serve. But Gilles is also missing more than a serve, so it's iffy but still it's possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.