Mens Tennis Forums banner

Guga's articles

38K views 417 replies 52 participants last post by  TNX1.0E6TOPCA 
#1 ·
Please post articles about Guga not directly related to any tournaments here.

#179 ·
#183 ·

Kuerten has had two hip operations since 2004 Brazilian Gustavo Kuerten says he will retire at the end of the season if his form fails to improve.

A three time winner of the French Open, Kuerten, has struggled to come back from a succession of injuries.

Currently playing doubles for Brazil in the Davis Cup tie with Peru, the former world number one has slipped to 300 in the rankings.

"I am 29 and if by the end of the season I haven't rediscovered my top form, I will stop playing," he said

#184 ·
That's the last thing I wanted to see:sad: My weekend is spoiled now:sad: I can't see tennis without Guga around, I know it feels like he's not playing right now, but in my head he'll be back... so to see that he may well be gone by the end of the year is destroying me:sad: And it's because of those DAMN injuried that are sticking to him all the time:(:mad: I feel so hopeless right now, so powerless:sad: There's nothing we can do, please tennis gods let him at least be healthy for one more year, please!!!

#185 ·
BTW I also want to add that I totally understand Guga:sad: It's no fun working tons of hours during the off season and all the gained work being vanished because of another injury:(... Since 2003 it's been injury after injury, and I understand that he can't be motivated to continue if his body continues to be injured all the time:sad:!

#192 ·
Guga did everything he could to keep playing at a high level. :shrug:

It's the right decision, there's no point in him falling in the first round of tournaments week after week, to opponents that he would crush without trouble in his prime. I agree with what star said, if things still don't work out by the end of the year, he should just pick up his surf board and rush to the beach, where some waves will be waiting for him. :yeah:

#197 ·
Guga arrived today at Sauipe and already practiced with Del Potro. The article says that didn't have any problems with his ankle, but after 60 minutes of practice, he was already feeling tired. He'll be giving a press conference on Sunday and his first round match will likely be on Tuesday night. The draw comes out tomorrow.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u26372.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.