Mens Tennis Forums banner

Bubka falls from third floor window in Paris; suffers multiple fractures

16K views 100 replies 57 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
French reports that Bubka fell from third floor window this morning whilst trying to get into a room from a window as he was locked in.... Suffered multiple fractures.

Around 7 am Thursday morning, the tennis Ukrainian Sergei Bubka Junior (25 years old, 186th worldwide) dropped the third floor of a building on Avenue de Camoens, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. He suffered multiple fractures. Rushed to the hospital Georges Pompidou, his prognosis was launched before his condition improved in recent hours. After an evening, the son of the best pole vaulter in history had regained the apartment of one of his friends. He found himself locked in a bathroom and tried to reach the next room through the window. This is where he fell. His prognosis is now more engaged.
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/315394/le-fils-de-serguei-bubka-gravement-accidente/

Apparently it initially looked very grim and doctors weren't hopeful but his condition has now improved. Hope he gets better. Terrible story.

#45 ·
I just hope for him he's not in a vegitative state or crippled for life... Falling from the 4th floor is not a simple matter and when I heard his life was in danger at some point I feared a head injury. Sounds a bit better now.
Here's hoping for the best...

#49 ·
And "3e étage" is "3rd floor" in UK English.
it may be a matter of modern/ancient English, but when I was as school 30 years ago, I was taught only UK English and I was taught that "3e étage" in French is said 4th floor in English.

Anyway that's how it is in France :

-- 3e étage
-- 2e étage
-- 1er étage
-- rez-de-chaussée (ground floor, I think, in English)

now call it the way you want in your language.

#50 ·
From Ukrainian site:

Google translation

Threats to life Sergey Bubka Jr. No - Representative Embassy of Ukraine

Threats to life the son of the president of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine Sergey Bubka - tennis Sergey Bubka Jr., which fell on Thursday with the third-floor apartment in Paris, no.

This UKRINFORM correspondent reported second secretary Department of Consular and Legal Affairs of the Embassy of Ukraine in France Oleg Prenzelevych who visited the clinic name. Georges Pompidou, where the athlete.

"Life Sergei Bubka is not in danger. As a result of the fall athlete received numerous broken bones. Doctors assess his condition as serious but not critical, definitive conclusions about its prospects will be made today after a thorough review and analysis of all parameters of life "- the Prenzelevych.

According to the diplomat, immediately after the incident, two of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of France arrived in Paris hospital where admitted Bubka Jr., to provide, if necessary legal assistance.

As reported earlier, the Ukrainian tennis player (186 and World No.) 25-year-old Sergei Bubka Jr. on Thursday fell from the third floor of a building in Paris and received multiple fractures. The incident occurred at about 6:45 on the Avenue de Camoes, one of the most prestigious areas of Paris. The athlete returned from a party at one of French friends and going to the bathroom, accidentally locked in it. Being alone in the apartment, he tried to get to the next room through the window, but fell and fell. Hearing the noise, the neighbors called rescue and ambulance. Sergei Bubka Jr. was immediately hospitalized.

Roman Sushchenko, Paris. November 2, 2012.
Source:

ukrinform

#56 ·
i really hope he recovers quickly and can say something about how is he feeling and that stuff
big hug to him

#59 ·
I hope Sergey recovers well and without any long term consequences! Terrible what happened... So sad.

#60 ·
News

1- Ubi Tennis (Italian)

Bubka jr., A fractured arm and leg

The fall on Thursday from the third floor of an apartment in Paris resulted in Sergey Bubka jr ., son of champion pole vault, the fracture of the right arm, right leg and a badly bruised hip.
Saw what happened and given the budget of injuries, we can say that the Ukrainian tennis player was really lucky not to suffer the worst consequences.
Operated Hospital Georges Pompidou in Paris, it seems that Bubka jr. is at least morally already on the road to recovery: " It 'enough of spirit , "said his coach Bob Brett.
Stefano Tarantino
ubitennis

2- Gazeta Ukraine (Russian)

04.11.2012 10:23
Sergei Bubka visited his son in Paris hospital

Bubka Sr. declined to comment details of the incident
Famed pole vaulter and current president of the NOC of Ukraine Sergey Bubka currently resides next to his son in a Parisian hospital, reports TSN channel "1 +1".
According to TSN, carried out at the clinic after surgery, according to his father, and his son "is all right." Bubka Sr. declined to comment details of the incident, saying only that it was an accident, and reported that his son to visit his girlfriend on Saturday, the first racket of the world Belarusian Victoria Azarenka.
As reported, on November 1st Ukrainian tennis player Sergei Bubka Jr. went to a friend who lives in a house on Avenue de Camoens in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, and after some time was locked in the bathroom. Trying to get out, tennis got to the window and fell.
At the moment, 25-year-old Bubka Jr. - 186th rank number ATP World Tour. According to media reports, Bubka Jr. became a close relationship with Azarenka.
gazeta.ua

3- newsru.ua

Bubka Jr. underwent surgery. He visited a friend - Victoria Azarenka

time of publication: November 4, 2012, 14:59
Last Updated: November 4, 2012, 23:30

Ukrainian tennis player Sergiy Bubka - son of famous Soviet jumper vaulter Sergei Bubka - after the accident feels normal. Bubka Jr. fell from a window on the fourth floor of the Paris house.

According to his father, "Saturday son visited his girlfriend, the first racket of the world among women Belarusian Victoria Azarenka , "according to ITAR-TASS .

After the operation, "his son is okay," - said the president of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, famous pole vaulter who first broke the height of 6 meters, Sergey Bubka senior.

He refused to talk about details of the incident with his son, saying only that "it was an accident."

November 1 Bubka Jr. fell from the fourth floor of the Paris mansion.

Sergei Bubka Jr. was born February 10, 1987 in Donetsk, USSR, now trains in Monaco and San Remo.
newsru.ua

Google translation from : 1- Italian 2- Russian 3- Ukrainian

#63 ·
it seems it could have been a lot worse...so im happy he is quite good considering what the accident was
i send him a big hug and i hope he recovers soon

#67 ·
was means he will not back

his tennis was /is/will be always good

I'm sure he will back so "was" is just not the right word

I hope his results will be much better after this accident than before

now we have official news from Ukraine Olympic committee

Press release about the health of Ukrainian team tennis player Sergey Bubka Jr
05 November 2012

November 5, 2012. Kyiv, Ukraine – Ukrainian international tennis player Sergei Bubka Jr. suffered fractures to his leg and arm as a result of an accident in Paris on November 1.

Sergei was taken to Georges Pompidou hospital and underwent surgery the same day. The medical team is fully satisfied with the results of the surgery.

Ukrainian Tennis Federation President, Vadim Shulman, visited Sergei in Paris: "It was a shock to hear about Sergei's accident, but I'm glad to see him do well under the circumstances. I have been visiting with my family the past days and it was wonderful to see Sergei smiling around with my kids. Our tennis federation will support him where needed and we are looking forward to seeing Sergei back on the court as soon as possible."

Sergei Bubka Jr. and his family wish to thank everyone for their messages of support. They are also grateful to the Georges Pompidou hospital staff and doctors for their swift professional help and care.

"On the bright side, it is in difficult times that you realize how many friends you have in life. I'm glad and grateful to have my family and close ones here with me in Paris. I am truly blessed by the overwhelming support and good wishes I have been receiving. I sincerely thank the doctors, the tennis family, friends and everyone for their support. I hope to start with rehabilitation as soon as possible.", said Sergei Bubka Jr.

Sergei Bubka Jr., 25, is a professional tennis player, ranked #182 in the ATP World Tour Ranking. He also regularly plays for the Ukrainian National Tennis team in the Davis Cup matches.

National Olympic Committee of Ukraine

#74 ·
you asked for 10 upsets and i listed a few names known to everyone, yet you keep bitching like Federer for Basel money. We talk about a guy who wanders between 150 and 200 ATP.

Gulbis - CH 21
Janowicz - CH 26
Soeda - CH 47
Kukuhskin - CH 49
Ito - CH 60
Rosol - CH 65 (but he's famous for other reasons, mind Bubka beat him at Wimbledon)

He also beat Robby Ginepri (CH 15), Dudi Sela (CH 29), Steve Darcis (CH 44), Bobby Reynolds (CH 63) Tobias Kamke (CH 64) I am not adding beating Muster in Halle, Muster was an amateur player already.

Yes, these are upsets.

#79 ·
right now i dont think on his tennis career, i just want him to recover as quick as possible :)
later we will talk about tennis

#80 ·
Of course he'll be back to tennis.

It would take an insanely bad multi fracture to take him out for too long, but normally he should be ready for the clay season.

Swift recovery Serioja!

#86 ·
Bubka has excellent serve and forehand, but he makes too many unforced errors sometimes, like someone that is too anxious to go for the big shot.

Maybe this accident could teach him how to be more calm and collected on court too lol.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

#87 ·
This is no Thomas Muster. Say bye to any potential for this average player. He can't rely on good media attention or his dad to bail him out of trouble anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.