Mens Tennis Forums banner

Luis Horna's Power Room!!!!

92K views 1K replies 78 participants last post by  Action Jackson 
#1 ·
Cheering Thread for the Peruvian King: Luis Horna

Go Luis Horna

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#1,376 ·
Lucho/Cuevas now play the Russians Tursunov and Kunitsyn.

Go to youtube and give this 5 stars.

#1,378 ·
Kunitsyn/Tursunov def Cuevas/Horna 7-6(4) 6-4

Not such a bad thing as both Lucho and Cuevas need to get their singles careers back on track. Cuevas is going to play in Prostejov, well he is meant to and as for Lucho hopefully he goes there, but he might be playing somewhere else.

#1,381 ·
That's a dumb post, considering these guys are singles players first of all and they didn't give a shit about the doubles last year and that was the same this year.

#1,383 ·
I guess Horna is injured again, or maybe has some personal issues? :confused: :awww:

he is out of Milan entry list, also he was first alternate in Reggio Emilia (entry list published today) and is also already out from this event.
And he would take a WC in Lugano (next week), but it seems he withdrew.

#1,384 ·
Horrible year for Horna, not sure what is going on with him at the moment.

#1,385 ·
I am not 100% sure , but I can pretty much remember i read somewhere about Horna ,, he is very emotional and he are not 100% motivated to travel so much and be away from his family anymore.. Can´t confirm, but if that´s true i guess the Lucho Horna as we know is pretty much history on the tour.

Lucho is such an amazing player that plays with an energy almost no-one else have and if that energy and joy is missing, well, then i guess we have to thank Lucho for all the great memories on the tour!

#1,386 ·
I remember a video of a tenispro episode a few years ago and there he says that he misses his family very much on tour and has no intention of playing until his thirties.
He looked sad there and my thoughts were that he wasn't going to play much longer.
But afterwards he had some pretty good years.

I suppose the emotional issues go up and down and the not so good results lately may make him lose motivation.
Being away from home so much is ok for the younger players, but once they have a family this becomes a dilemma.

All the best to you Luchoman, but I sure hope we get to see you again on tour :awww:

#1,387 ·
#1,389 ·
My advanced guess is that he is home with his family, living happy with them and doing some really heavy "pre-season" workout. Then he will fine-tune his game just in time for the DC match and depending on how it goes in that we will know if he will continue or not. If he plays well, get the momentum going and feel he can beat decent players, then i´m sure he will go out on tour again,, maybe focus on the US Open QF event.. If he plays poorly and loose,, well, then I think we have to wish Lucho all the best in his new life as former pro.

#1,391 ·
Might be still injured having come back to the tour too soon. It's not like this year has been very kind to him.

#1,392 ·
All is on track for Lucho to be playing Davis Cup, some challengers and once again he is playing in Bundesliga.

ETUF Essen

1 17803808 Rochus, Christophe (1978) BEL - - -
2 18750246 Mayer, Leonardo (1987) ARG - - -
3 17700038 Canas, Guillermo (1977) ESP - - -
4 18200211 Munoz de la Nava, Daniel (1982) ESP - - -
5 18100198 Hartfield, Diego (1981) AUT - - -
6 17904422 Lisnard, Jean-Rene (1979) FRA - - -
7 18001409 Horna, Luis (1980) ESP - - -
8 18700911 Bachinger, Matthias (1987) GER - - -
9 18501984 Ungur, Adrian (1985) ROU - - -
10 17101109 Norman, Dick (1971) BEL - - -
11 18950798 Luncanu, Petru-Alexandru (1989) ROU - - -
12 18950463 Reissig, Nicolas (1989) AUT - - -
13 19001876 Regus, Ralph (1990) GER - - -

#1,397 ·
Lucho is going to play the Poznan Challenger after the Davis Cup in Lima.

#1,399 ·
Peru vs Canada in DC. Chino Miranda needs to beat Polansky to give them a shot at the 2-0 lead.

R1 - I.MIRANDA (PER) v. P.POLANSKY (CAN)
R2 - L.HORNA (PER) v. B.AGOSTINELLI (CAN)
R3 - L.HORNA / I.MIRANDA (PER) v. D.NESTOR / F.NIEMEYER (CAN)
R4 - L.HORNA (PER) v. P.POLANSKY (CAN)
R5 - I.MIRANDA (PER) v. B.AGOSTINELLI (CAN)

#1,402 ·
Lucho won 6-2 7-6 4-6 7-5, it wwas not a very good performance, especially against a guy who hasn't played on the pro tour. He was down *3-5 in the 4th, but managed to avoid getting this to a 5th set.

Lucho is never good from a break and he was nervous as, but he got it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.