Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vamos, It's the late clay season

8K views 88 replies 7 participants last post by  Fat Camel 
#1 ·
A new thread for this short clay season :lol: Rome, Bordeaux then maybe Nice qualies or RG qualies :sad:.

Let's go with a first round in Rome vs the strange Dustin Brown. I remember him on clay last year vs Gilles in Stuggart and he was irritating me :devil: Well he beats Wawrinka in Munich so he's in good shape. For Arno it will be the opportunity to test his body then we can't have much expectations after his break. I doubt there is livescore unfortunately. Good luck to him :angel:

#71 ·
Thanks again for the videos, I love this (not acadamic) reflex volley ! And the the reaction of the crowd. I would have loved to be there yesterday (and today :sad:), there's always an excellent atmosphere on court 2.

oh, and Amelie Mauresmo, still as fan of Arnaud, she's no nice, she always says how much he's a great guy and she loves him. ;)

#73 · (Edited)
I cant' believe he lost that first set with all the opportunities he had well i was more watching Garcia Sharapova on tv that my streaming but he got many BP and set points during the tie-break :smash:. Then I left but when I come back on scoreboard he was 3-0 up in the third and just lost his break :sad: I'm afraid he could be tired now

And Broken by love while he was serving for the set damn

#74 ·
From 5-2 to lost the set 5-7 :sad: he can have regrets because of the many opportunities he had but he's so up and down and at crucial moments his lack of confidence goes out he's very fragile. The powerwul strokes and the agressivity of Berrer are on fire atm. That's a pity he can have take it in three and now he's near to be out :sad:

#75 ·
I continu my monologue :lol:

Painful loss again so far and so close :sad: That first set was important he needed it so much :(. He had a good period during two sets and a half almost the best player on court but only one set in his pocket during that period. When he had to conclude his lead he wasn't able missing lot of BP and losing often his leardership on the scoreboard :help:. In the game he was better but not enough for the win unfortunately. He has missed a bit of energy by moments and confidence of course in crucial moments. 5/18 on BP :rolleyes:

He asked for the physio for a pain in the thigh during the fourth for sure no more used to play so much lately hope it's not too serious. I hope as well he's not too much desapointed cos he can be.

Attachments

#76 ·
Soulage, can i break in your monologue?

When Berrer had this taslk with umpire and crossed the net, he started playing like a beast:(

So many missed opportunities by Arnsud. :sad: 6-4 in the tb, 5-2 in the third, he wasn't good today at the crucial points, breakpoints were always, but breaks.

Very painful loss. :mad:

#77 ·
When Berrer had this taslk with umpire and crossed the net, he started playing like a beast:(
Yes after the warning he was a warrior o court. What a brutal guy :eek: :lol: I didn't see each BP but often Berrer played big serves or something good arno surely missed some as well but Arno was able to win this in three. It was maybe his last RG he was near a third round and finally he's out :sad:

#78 ·
And i was really afraid of this tie-break. Last time Berrer won something like 17-15 or 19-17 or 20-18, don't remember. Agree, it was very-very important set...

#80 ·
It's time for my monologue!

Should say something positive. Yes, this is very painful, he could be in third round finally, but still, he proved, that this WC was the right desicion! And Arnaud still play tennis of good quality at GS at least. Pity, that he should qualify for Wim:(

#81 ·
It was RG so he was uber motivated next weeks will be differents. As usual his analyse is good he's very disapointed cos he feels he was better but not on crucial points

"C'est très énervant parce que j'ai l'impression de dominer le match les trois quarts du temps et je perds le premier je sais pas comment. Tout comme le troisième, je sais pas pourquoi j'ai perdu à part qu'il a fait trois jeux de service excellents. J'avais de supers sensations, je tapais bien dans la balle. C'est très très frustrant. J'ai pas su convertir les nombreuses occasions que j'ai eu. Dans les moments cruciaux j'ai pas été meilleur que lui alors que sur l'ensemble je pense que j'étais au dessus. A un moment donné les occasions et les sets il faut les terminer. Sinon physiquement j'étais bien, j'ai pas l'impression d'avoir manqué de tonus".

#82 ·
Thank you soulage!

Don't know what to do. Each such Arnaud's loss is like my own tragedy, i stay in an extremely awful mood for 1-2 days :(

#83 · (Edited)
Don't know what to do. Each such Arnaud's loss is like my own tragedy, i stay in an extremely awful mood for 1-2 days :(
It's tennis so cruel sometimes hope you'll find a good mood soon :) For Arno that's tough for sure but to be honest i have been surprised by his level who was correct but well still a chocker :sad:

I don't know if we'll have many reactions as it was late many journalist left or was on Chardy-Simon.

Another reaction and apparently his elbow is giving him troubles :sad: The elbow, the shoulder, the thigh :sad: His body is old more than the head :lol:

Malgré la défaite, Arnaud Clément a bien mérité les applaudissements du public du court n°1, à la tombée de la nuit. Comme d'habitude, du haut de ses 33 ans, l'Aixois s'est battu du premier au dernier point face à Michael Berrer, Allemand au physique de troisième-ligne (100kg pour 1,90m), qui n'avait jamais atteint le troisième tour en Grand Chelem. Mais le bon niveau de jeu affiché ne lui a pas suffi, malgré une avance au premier set puis au troisième (5-2 à 5-7), et un service lâché à 4-4 dans le quatrième.
«J'ai été un peu meilleur que lui tout le temps, sauf dans les moments cruciaux, où il était largement meilleur que moi, ou moi moins bon», a analysé Clément, arrivé à Roland-Garros en étant 160e mondial, et sans match gagné depuis février, à Zagreb. «C'est peut-être aussi en grande partie à cause de ce manque de victoires, et de ce manque de repère sur terre battue, que je ne gagne pas ce match, que je ne finis pas les sets. Sinon, je suis content de ma façon de jouer.»
Sa victoire contre Volandri et ses deux belles prestations vont peut-être relancer Clément, pas franchement convaincu : «Je suis boosté un peu tout le temps. Après, on va changer de surface, arriver sur gazon, dans des conditions plus adaptées à mon jeu. Je suis très excité de jouer à Roland, car je suis Français et c'est fabuleux. J'espère d'ailleurs revenir l'année prochaine, même s'il ne suffit pas de le vouloir. Mais c'est sur le gazon que je m'exprime le mieux.» Un retour sur herbe prévue dès la semaine prochaine : «Je dois faire un Challenger à Nottingham, si j'entre dans le tableau, et selon l'état de mon coude. Puis les qualifs du Queen's et de Wimbledon.» Les spectateurs anglais s'en frottent déjà les mains. A. Q., à ROland-Garros
He stresses that maybe because f his lack of wins that he doesn't finish the sets I agree but happy of his level ;) He says that he would like to come back next year but you can't only want it i think he means it's not only in his hands. He says he must do the Nottingham challenger next week if his elbow is ok :sad: and then the qualies of the Queen's and qualies of Wimbledon.

So end of clay wait the news of the body.

#84 ·
I hoped for Halle qualies, but somewhere deep inside I already knew that wasn't going to happen. :awww:
Let's hope the Brits give him as much support as me and my sister would have in Halle. :) We are not going to Queens anymore, only if it coincidentally collides with a London trip I think. It's a horrible and overpriced tournament. :( If it wasn't for Arnaud and meeting some friends there last year, I wouldn't have good memories at all.
It's nice to hear he still wants to play next year, let's hope his body cooperates.

#85 ·
#86 ·
Last year he played Queens, but chose Rosmalen over Eastbourne. :) But now I'm getting my hopes up, he won't play Rosmalen or Eastbourne, cause he needs to play Wimbledon qualies. I do think it's better for him to stay with Boris now.
Thanks for the links, the interview in English sounds horrible! I think subtitles are better or just a translation of the whole interview to read. I didn't even finish listening. :eek: The sweater looks really cute though. :D

#87 · (Edited)
#89 ·
Is there a single chance for Arnaud to gen Wimbledon WC, what do you think?
He was pretty good last years there, 2008 QH, last year 3rd round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.