Place: Melbourne - Australia.

Draw:
R1 - def Paire 6-3 6-4 6-1
R2 - def Davydenko 6-3 6-4 6-4
R3 - def Tomic 6-4 7-6(5) 6-1
R4 - def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2
QF - def Tsonga 7-6(4) 4-6 7-6(4) 3-6 6-3
SF - loss to Murray 4-6 7-6(5) 3-6 7-6(2) 2-6

First tournament of the year. The Roger-Abstinence is ending.

Okay, so, my good MTFriend Roger the Dodger thought it'd be nice if I opened this thread. I know I don't have the best experiences opening threads :lol: . But I'd give it a shot.

The MTFedForum is our little piece of heaven in this whole big Forum and we are all cheering here for our Tennis King in the beautiful Australian hardcourts.

We know who the most difficults rivals are here, we know they're in a great moment, but we also know who the real King is, who won 4 AOs (Combine all the players who're gonna play next week. They all together have less Australian Open titles than Roger ;) ).

Time to shine again, this time in Melbourne. As he did before.

Outfit:

See less See more
#327 ·
Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R4 def Raonic 6-4 7-6(4) 6-2. QF vs Tsonga

Allez Fed forum, long time no speak!

That drop shot of Raonic's serve :drool:

#329 ·

Australian Open ‏@AustralianOpen
Overheard on #AORadio tonight: #Federer asking the #MLCHotShots coin toss kid if he was warm enough or needed a jumper. #hesaDadnow #AusOpen

:awww:

#338 ·

Another 'dangerous' dangerous player.

Hope Roger can get it done in straights but with Jo around, you never know.

BTW, I'm surprised that Roger enjoyed late sessions through AO so far and will do so tomorrow as well. Hope AO organizers don't pull a loonie stunt come SF and schedule Fed-Murray before Djoko-Ferrer. Safely assuming he'll get that far.

#339 ·

Another 'dangerous' dangerous player.

Hope Roger can get it done in straights but with Jo around, you never know.

BTW, I'm surprised that Roger enjoyed late sessions through AO so far and will do so tomorrow as well. Hope AO organizers don't pull a loonie stunt come SF and schedule Fed-Murray before Djoko-Ferrer. Safely assuming he'll get that far.
That will not happen.Compared to the other Grand Slams,here in Australia they play every day one part of the draw.So one semifinal will be thursday evening and the other will be played friday evening.

#340 ·

I don't enjoy Roger's playing in the night session for 2 reasons.
1/ Against Raonic he needed slower conditions but against Tsonga it's the opposite.
Tsonga needs some more time to get on the ball and prepare to manage his powerful shot, even he knows to hit great 3 meters over the baseline running winners but he can't use them to win the match, so as fast it is, I believe better it's for Roger.

Maybe the good for Roger is he can have a better returns on Jo's powerful serves. And if he can have very offensive returns on the 2ond serve Tsonga can drastically reduce his 1st one.

I love Tsonga but I hope in 3 sets win and if things go bad not more than 4 fast sets.

2/ The 2ond reason I don't like nigh session is because Murray has always played during the day and could have better feeling with such conditions while Roger played only his 1st round when he wasn't still at his best and than was when he offerer some BPs.

It's truth as well that Roger many times has showed his best tennis in the night, but in the night he had some tough loses (USO 2012 is the last). Let's hope for the best and believe in our man. I see him very focussed and now I see him the winner.

#341 · (Edited)

2/ The 2ond reason I don't like nigh session is because Murray has always played during the day and could have better feeling with such conditions while Roger played only his 1st round when he wasn't still at his best and than was when he offerer some BPs.
the semifinal will be a night-session (start 19.30 local time as well) then it's Murray who actually fairly complains about that, but honestly considering his heaven draw (another injured player in QF) whereas Fed had dangerous opponents (even if Roger the Dodger, who loves ballbashers, has his opinions on that :rolleyes: ), and that Tomic was in their half, Murray couldn't have had a night session on Laver arena, the only thing he could have had was a night-session on Hisense or Margaret Court arena, that's what he can fairly wish he had.

But anyway the conditions are specific in the end of this tournament, with colder weather than in the beginning then it will be specific anyway and favourable to Murray.

EDIT : the weather forecast have been corrected and it seems it will be better temperature for the semi than expected (22 celsius in the evening). And Djoko-Ferrer will be played under hot temperature.

It will be windy as well tomorrow for Fed-Tsonga match (and even more for Murray-Chardy, I can imagine the error fest it will be from Jérémy :sad: ), which is good for Roger as he likes more playing in the wind than Tsonga.

#344 ·

I must admit, I'm pretty nervous.
Playing Raonic is good prep for Tsonga, right?
and this is their first real match since WTF finals 2011 ? :eek:
Gooo Rog :cheerleader:
Yes, Raonic should be a good prep. And relatively slow counts because of colder conditions should also favor Roger in this match. I'm a little nervous myself even so, this match feels less safe then the previous ones...but we always hope for the best :) Go Roger! :D

Funny to think, in 2011 Fed - Tsonga sets an all time ATP tour record with eight meetings, in 2012 they don't meet at all. I guess we're in for a more normal year in 2013 in this respect.

#346 ·

Yes, Raonic should be a good prep. And relatively slow counts because of colder conditions should also favor Roger in this match. I'm a little nervous myself even so, this match feels less safe then the previous ones...but we always hope for the best :) Go Roger! :D

Funny to think, in 2011 Fed - Tsonga sets an all time ATP tour record with eight meetings, in 2012 they don't meet at all. I guess we're in for a more normal year in 2013 in this respect.
Thanks! Yeah it was crazy.Played 3 sundays in a row. The last 2 being too close for my liking :sobbing:

#349 ·

I see the BBC is actually covering the semis and finals, so I might get to see some of it. Hoping Roger will still be there by then, of course ...

Is Rog on straight after the Murray match, or is there a break? I know they're expecting Andy on around 3 am.

#350 ·

Unfortunately I can´t watch those night matches because on that time I´m at work already (here the matches starts at 7:30 am), but I´ll be sending all the best and good luck wishes for Rogi and let´s see another show from the man ;)

#351 ·

Unfortunately I can´t watch those night matches because on that time I´m at work already (here the matches starts at 7:30 am), but I´ll be sending all the best and good luck wishes for Rogi and let´s see another show from the man ;)
I feel for you. Same problem here, match starts 09:30 local time and I can't watch at work. I'll have to tape it and watch after, like I did with the Raonic match. I really prefer watching without knowing the scoreline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.