Mens Tennis Forums banner

How about Gasquet!!

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  misyou25 
#1 ·
I just saw where Gasquet took out Tommy Robredo at the Mercedes Benz Cup in Stutgart pretty easily (on clay). Robredo is one of the top dirt ballers in the world, hopefully this is just a sign of things to come from this 18 year old frenchmen. I believe he(richard) has the best shot of any of the young frenchmen to really be a factor on the men's tour in the coming years and even possibly win a few grand slams. He has a complete game at 18 years old!

#2 ·
GOOD !!! I dont know the draw, but now..he has to win the tournament ! lol

#3 ·
richard will play david ferrer next (who has ousted Dip) rafael nadal is already out (in summer holiday mood?) there are still plenty of good claycourters about so winning the tourney is still some way away..... but good luck to him. good ambitious young players should always make use of slower weeks like this one and try to do well in smaller tourneys first :)

#4 ·
Nadal out?? Hehe no no, not yet! Although he plays Juan Iggy later today!! Richard is currently a set and 0-2 down against Ferrer...for some reason I couldn't see him winning this match.....Ferrer is totaly unpredicatble and better than most people think. Robredo played a shit game...and whilst Richard played an amazing game, I think the lack of Robredo's game was a factor in Richard's win. Hopefully he come back and win this match...because I was hoping for a Richie v Rafa 1/4 final....but perhaps...I will have to wait a little longer.

#6 ·
sorry for the confusion about nadal!!!! either one of yahoo or atp website must have misled me, coz those were the places i checked scores at. let's hope it was yahoo, lol....

richard has indeed lost to ferrer 64 62 (source: atp, lol) losing in the 3rd round is no shame at all... the claycourters are looking for a last hurrah before they pack up for winter this year :lol:

#7 ·
He Via, urS avatarS are great !!! How did you do that ??

#8 ·
it's a 'gif animation', and no longer 'new technology' lol.... you may be able to find some free software to use, to make those! they do take up space so have to keep them small to use for avatars here....

#9 ·
Ok thanks.

Richard will play the challengerof Hilversum (?)
www.hilversumopen.nl

Message he let on his forum
bonsoir a tous

voila je suis rentre d'allemagne,j'ai fait un tres bon tournoi,'jai tres bien joué surtout contre robredo qui est un tres grand joueur.
contre ferrer c'était tres dur,il a fait tres peu de fautes,mais bon je suis très content de mon tournoi meme si j'ai du battre mon grand copain edouard.. (who's ?)
maintenant il faut continuer!!
je vous réecris tres bientot ,
a + richard

#12 ·
eeeyyyyy so he DID play Edouard.................*scampers off to change website results*....i was really confused because the livescore site had him down as playing boutter and so did the atp site but the stuttgart site had him down as playing Edouard so i didnt know what was going on...lol - but Edouard replaced boutter...so now it all makes sense!!

allez richie!!!

#17 ·
He has an ear infection and is resting for a couple weeks per his official site.

18 year olds need to have other hobbies besides just tennis otherwise they will burnout.

Hopefully he can come back strong and play well at Bronx then qualify for the US Open.

Goal should be to build confidence against ATP level players this fall so he can make a strong start to 2005.

#18 ·
poor richard... i hope he will get soon better! otherwise will his ranking fall more down and he needs more self confidence...when he played against nalbandian in roland garros (the last match i saw) he just played it like he doesnt really care about it...i know hes young and im younger and i dont play the whole day but he chose to be a tennis player (or maybe his parents....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.