Mens Tennis Forums banner

Sydney QF: Benneteau def. Harrison 6-4, 6-2

3K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Transcender 
#1 ·
Harrison received a lesson today as Benny was just toying around with him. Ryan's IMG technique got exposed big time in this match, as Julien's fh and bh crispness were too much for Ryan to retrieve. Returning was woeful too, some club level thinking there.

I still remain without hope for Ryan as he still blows. Julien is just a cool cat that will expose you if you suck. He's the pro that you need to beat if you want to go to the next level.

#9 ·
Harrison should be putting up better resistance against a player like Benneteau at this point if he expects to be anything more than a journeyman.

I read that Harrison talks with Roddick almost daily and I don't think that is a good thing.
How is that not a good thing.

#3 ·
This might be Benneteau's best ever chance at a title. The Sydney field is truly weak.

#5 ·
That maybe so, but his biggest issue is not coming good in finals.

#10 ·
Ryan spent to much time with Roddick, he turned into such a grinder.:facepalm:
Yeah, cause we all know Roddick's a real grinder right up there with Ferrer and Rafa. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Age is just an excuse, tomic is light years ahead of him.

Idk where you've been, but roddick the last 4-5 years was pathetic to watch. Sure, he had results, but he wasn't fun to watch to say the least. Andy was at his best before he became the bum grinder, so we don't want harrison to pick up the terrible tendencies for the rest of his career.

#13 ·
Hehe, Tomic sucks, Dimitrov is ahead of Tomic and the rankings say that Tomic is only 4 spots ahead of Ryan.

#23 ·
If Harrison keeps listening to that has been Roddick he will never be anything more than top 40 player. How in the hell can he take advice from such a player as Andy Roddick who was a terrible competitor the last 3 years of his career. This is so disappointing - if Harrison keeps letting his fans down like he did tonight he is going to lose them quickly.

#25 ·
The main thing for Ryan is to get stronger, he just can't compete physically on tour right now, in a couple years he should be alright.

#28 ·
I disagree completely. The main thing with Ryan is his court positioning. He'll never be as talented as gasquet so loping around the back of the court trying to hit winners over the high part of the net is an even worse strategy for him.

#26 ·
harrison also hired some rookie coach aside from his father for a one-year contract. Papa harrison stays at img while this guy will be following ryan.

Minimal expectations for the year, but I'm sure the arrogance and overconfidence will be there.

I loved those shanks today and without even letting the ball land, he goes, "towel now."

#31 ·
I've always thought Harrison looked pretty strong from the upper body...

#37 ·
Seems to be that experienced taught a lesson to Harrison. Robredo last week in Brisbane and Benneteau now in Sydney. I hope that Benneteau can win his first ATP title here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.