Votes: 21 23.1%
  • No.

Votes: 70 76.9%

Australian Open QF: (4) Ferrer d. (10) Almagro 4-6 4-6 7-5 7-6(4) 6-2

14K views 149 replies 108 participants last post by  Dead Net Cord 
#1 ·
Painful as a huge fan of Almagro. Served for it three times. :(

#65 ·
I complain when some posters here call players chokers but I just can't comprehend what happened in this match. Nico outperformed Pics in almost every department, yet he wasn't able to close the match. Ferrer did nothing really special, he just hanged around.

beautiful BH by Nico, just amazing, and even more beautiful choke too :mad:.

I still can't believe it. If Nico was playing Nole or Fed I could get it but this was something. tennis is so mental. you can be very skillful but if you don't have it in your head, forget about it.

#66 · (Edited)
This match was an embarrassment to men's tennis and the male species in general.

If Ferrer was playing for his life and had to choose any of the top 200 to play against, he'd pick Almagro without a second thought. The fact he SHOULD'VE lost in 3 absolutely routine sets shows how bad he was in this match... and yet won. Farcical.

#69 ·
Mugro said in the presser that he thinks he did something to his adductor, possibly a tear. I think it's just a cover-up for the choke, but it will be interesting going forward to see how he responds. The "experts" seem to think this type of a loss would cause a tailspin, but I think he's too good on the dirt to fold.

#74 ·
Ferrer you old legend, well done reaching another SF.

Mugro choking, what else is new. See ya :bigwave:

#81 ·
:haha:

Simply unreal.

#84 ·
Ridiculous Nicolas :eek:

#85 ·
so it was another classic :eek:k:

and some wants faster courts

Not me

This is proper speed here

#89 ·
What I posted in the other thread:

Was at the match... You could just feel Almagro choking every time he got up a break once he failed to serve out the set the first time. Was chuckling with the guy sitting next to me.

This sums up my love/hate relationship for Almagro. Awesome game but such a poor contender. :facepalm:

Meanwhile, go Ferrer :yeah:. Dedicated to Mark Lenders :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.