Mens Tennis Forums banner

James Duckworth Cheering Thread

106K views 948 replies 57 participants last post by  Kateoz 
#1 ·
He is currently playing the 15th Sarawak Chief Minister's Cup, in Malaysia. After qualifying in two pretty easy straight set matches. He is now played three matches and is through to the quarter final's in straight sets. He will next play America's Campbell Johnson.

Duckworth played in Thailand last week where he made the main draw by qualifying then made it to the third round, he also ended up winning the doubles title with Benjamin Mitchell, who did the double last week winning the singles and the doubles. These are some of his stats.

Birth Date - 21/01/1992
Birth Place - Sydney, NSW
Residence - Sydney, NSW
Nationality - Australian
Plays - Right Hand (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface - Grass
Coach - Ben Pyne
Current Ranking - 169
Career High - 17

He is also currently ranked 1395 in the men's rankings at the moment.

Good Luck to James in Malaysia.

See less See more
#290 ·
I saw only the first set and Sorgi looked very talented with some strokes he put in James was 42 down but managed to come back... happy James won this match... those matches against the South Americans seem to be never easy for James and pretty tight overall it doesn´t matter if Ducky wins or loses.... he beat Galdon in the 1st round in Blumenau so hopefully he can repeat it...

#291 ·
James plays another three setter, and wins, again advancing at the expenses of Galdon. He sneaked the 1st set 76(5), lost the 2nd set 57 and smoked the 3rd 61.
Keep going Duckie ...

#293 ·
well done Ducky! happy he was able to make it through... he should have won in 2 sets because was serving for the match in 54 up but now it doesn´t matter because it seemed he looked pretty well in the 3rd set... a lot of points were added under his belt and can gain other ones if James wins today he has a great opportunity to make semis...

he´s ahead of Hewitt now and overall he has climbed around 100 spots up so far this year.... that´s great!

#295 ·
Duckie into the semis, winning the battle of the youngsters with a straight sets win 75 63 over Argentinian teenager Facundo Arguella.
I reckon another win, up against Julio Silva, will put him in prime position for that French WC. If he wins the tournament, his case will be even stronger.
32 year old Silva will have the clay court experience but Duckie will have the height and serving advantage.
Go Duckie...

#303 ·
James has a week off then heads over to Europe for the Rome-II challenger. I suspect JD will also try and enter Bordeaux (France) the following week, but that entry list is so strong he doesn't even make the list.

Then Roland Garros qualifiers are just around the corner, or Roland Garros itself if he lands the wildcard.

#304 · (Edited)
bad luck Duckie but I am satisfied with how many points he gained in South America but it could have been a bit better but James will bring 44 points back to Europe which is great IMO...

I took a look at the Tunis entry list and James is on there so he should play there next week.... but maybe he should take a week off to rest a bit...

EDIT: James is not playing Tunis.... responsible decision...

#314 ·
Stupid me i tipped Ram to win this match in tennis tipping, but once again stupid me i forgot it was on grass not clay, Ducky is a pretty decent grass court player!

Ram 0 15
Duck 3 15

Great start from James he should continue this and win in straight sets!

#316 ·
Good win by Duckie. Plays a big server next. Should do well against Bossel, who sneaked over the line in qualies against Jones, despite Jones serving 16 aces. Duckies return of serve should see him win this match.

#318 ·
I thought he had done quite well at Wimbledon in his years as a junior but, in his whole junior career he only ever played one grass court event and that was Wimbledon but it was when he was 18, he made the QF's and lost to eventual winner Fucsovics who Ben Mitchell also lossed to in the final, so i then looked through his whole mens career and this Nottingham challenger this week is only like his 4th, 5th or 6th on the grass over like 5 years of playing but it turns out his favourite surface is grass so maybe he played on it first as a real young junior?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.