Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do ya think of Marat's words about Ferrero?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  I♥PsY@Mus!c 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys! we have something like it but i decided to start a new thread about all this stuff. if u don't remember, on Wimby conf. Marat said that tennis players have very tough shedule. He was asked if this is the reason why guys get hurt so often. And he said:

Marat Safin: Of course. Because you have a very long years. Like, for example, Ferrero, he's basically finish for this year. Because he played -- he finish last year. What he played? Masters, and he had to fly in Australia for the Davis Cup. From there he had to come back and already he had no time even to rest. He has to prepare for next season. And that's why he got hurt. That's why basically he's suffering for this year, that he can't do anything.

Then the people, they wondering what happen to them. I mean, look at our schedule. We have no time even to rest.

Also, the people, they don't want to pay for -- in my opinion, every time -- you basically can see the person every week. So the people not excited to see Ferrero, to see Federer. Because you can see in Halle, or you can drive one hour and you already are in Rosmalen. So it's like it's not interesting anymore for the people.
What do you all think of his words about Ferrero and players' shedule in general? And maybe how they can solve this problem?

#10 ·
It was just an example. He could've as well said Hewitt. I agree with Marat tho he should be paying more attention to himself rather than finding excuses.

#11 ·
as far as i know marat was sorry for saying that bad about wimby and for giving up so fast... i also entirely disagree with him that matches with ferrero/federer/etc r not that interesting anymore!! it gives more ppl the chance to watch them!!i would be happy to watch juanqui every week!!)))

and about shedule i think he is right!!! but i guess it's almost impossible to do smth against it!! they should themselves choose the most important matches to play maybe. but for they win not everything )) they have time to rest...

and at last about jc... i'm afraid he is right, that for this year he is off... maybe it will be like with lleyton who seems to be rather better now.

#12 ·
It's true that they have a really tight schedule but I think they can pick the right tournaments to compete in..
And I don't agree with Marat that people get bored watching Ferrero and Federer...if I have the chance, I'd be delighted!! :)

#14 ·
I think it's Ok!!!He just use Juan's case as an example to express his opinion!!!

#17 ·
Marat does have a point about the hectic schedules, I mean the women's tour has the same problems with the best players out with injuries.

But at the same time I think that he's making excuses for his bad play. I mean if guys like Federer on the tour can adjust everytime, why can't he?

#18 ·
Yeah,I agree with you!!!I think Juan should learn how to choose his suitable schedule for himself.Don't waste time on some meaningless tournaments anymore and change the stubborn cocah now!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.