Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 10 years+

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • 15 years+

Votes: 24 18.6%

How long have YOU played?

6K views 82 replies 50 participants last post by  Hawkman 
#1 · (Edited)
How long have you played tennis? At what level? ( High school, college, other )
The poll is just to see how long you've played, other stats which go with experience are welcome.

#36 ·
NATAS81 said:
Just work on the serve and crap.
Tennis is your favorite sport right? :rolleyes: lol Well, mine isn't either, i would love to play CRICKET as much as i can.. because that's the sport i started to play when i was 2? 3? But when i moved here to the U.S. i played soccer and then tennis i started playing a year ago :)
Out of soccer and tennis, i prefer tennis :angel:

#43 ·
Re: Years of experience playing tennis

anserq said:
in terms of days or hours even?? meaning? lol
Did you pick 10 years+? thats a long time! :eek:
Meaning I've played tennis maybe 2 or 3 times in my life. I hate it with a passion, but I enjoy watching other people do it properly. Problem is, I turn into a combination of Sanguinetti/Labadze/Koellerer/17y.o. Hewitt when I play. It's really not nice :)

#44 ·
i chose 1+, but it's actually less than that. Still working on serve and returning (ppl said i have good stands and style. but that's just nothing if i can't even hit the ball hard enough), slicing. like some ppl here, it's so hard to get a practice partner. haven't been playing for 3 mths now and i miss it so bad.

#46 ·
Re: Years of experience playing tennis

lol.. You can easily improve, you know? The thing is, once you start hitting some shots like pros do, it really makes you feel special. =) And also the serve, you can always practice that on yoru own time... and its fun hitting serves down the T :p
Kristen said:
Meaning I've played tennis maybe 2 or 3 times in my life. I hate it with a passion, but I enjoy watching other people do it properly. Problem is, I turn into a combination of Sanguinetti/Labadze/Koellerer/17y.o. Hewitt when I play. It's really not nice :)

#48 ·
Oh nice :) I don't understand why people quit! no matter what... I wouldn't!
Primal said:
5+
I've started at the age of 6 but after one year, had a surgery, and had to give it up for a while. At the age of 10 came back, been playing till 15-16.
And now, (after ten years) trying to start again:)

#49 ·
I've been playing since I was 10, so that makes it 12+, in which I competed for 6 years, although in the last 3 years I've been too busy so I haven't picked up a racket as much as I would have liked.

#50 ·
I played from 13 to 17 years old. Now I'm retired and playing Futsal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.