Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread

445K views 5K replies 40 participants last post by  Sweet4Richard 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Re: Slogan?

I kind of like Gasquettard though. :p

It doesn't have to be just one word. It could be a phrase. Anyone knows any puns the media has made of Richard's name? We could make use of these. That's where "#_ on the Federer Express" originated, I think (i.e. from the media).

#4 ·

could only come up with "Gasquettard #_" but it's a little derogatory.
:haha:

Um, the only slogan I could think of plays off his last name, and it's rather rude, but so so obvious :angel:

Using the phrase "blow a gasket"... well, you do the changeup (gasket blower) and then assign yourself a number. I'm not going ot spell out ALL of my dirty jokes.

I will make it ot bed soon :p

#5 · (Edited)

Chloe said:
:haha:

Um, the only slogan I could think of plays off his last name, and it's rather rude, but so so obvious :angel:

Using the phrase "blow a gasket"... well, you do the changeup (gasket blower) and then assign yourself a number. I'm not going ot spell out ALL of my dirty jokes.

I will make it ot bed soon :p
:confused:

I'm afraid you'll have to spell it out. :p

Either I am too innocent to understand your dirty jokes or we don't use the expressions you are referring to over here. :angel:

#8 ·

Okay, I'll break it down.

There is an english phrase that goes "blow a gasket", which is the equvilant of saying "get really pissed off" or "get really angry and explode", etc. Now, from this you can create "blowing a gasket", which is basically the same thing. This is an awful pun that American commentators have been playing with since Gasquet came on the circuit. However, they, unlike me, have avoided taking that extra step and making it much worse than it ought to be.

So my suggestion was to turn the phrase around, and call yourself Gasket Blowers - or Gasquet Blowers. And you can all have numbers, just like the Fed people.

:angel:

#9 ·

To a native english speaker, gasket and Gasquet sound similar enough that it makes for a bad pun to interchange them as such... especially since a lot of native english speakers will be prone to prononouce the "t" in Gasquet anyways.

#10 ·

Chloe said:
Okay, I'll break it down.

There is an english phrase that goes "blow a gasket", which is the equvilant of saying "get really pissed off" or "get really angry and explode", etc. Now, from this you can create "blowing a gasket", which is basically the same thing. This is an awful pun that American commentators have been playing with since Gasquet came on the circuit. However, they, unlike me, have avoided taking that extra step and making it much worse than it ought to be.

So my suggestion was to turn the phrase around, and call yourself Gasket Blowers - or Gasquet Blowers. And you can all have numbers, just like the Fed people.

:angel:
Strangely enough, I've never come across that phrase before. :p

Oh, and re-reading your post, I got your dirty joke. I guess I got too caught up in my confusion over what "blowing a gasquet" meant. :eek:

#11 ·

silverwhite said:
Strangely enough, I've never come across that phrase before. :p

Oh, and re-reading your post, I got your dirty joke. I guess I got too caught up in my confusion over what "blowing a gasquet" meant. :eek:
:yeah:

It was just such an obvious slogan (to me) that I couldn't let it pass without mention!

Think about it, Gasquetblower#1 :p

Now I'm really going to bed, even if I have to drag myself there by the ear.

#12 ·

Chloe said:
To a native english speaker, gasket and Gasquet sound similar enough that it makes for a bad pun to interchange them as such... especially since a lot of native english speakers will be prone to prononouce the "t" in Gasquet anyways.
Believe it or not, English is my first language. :ras:

I'm much more comfortable speaking it than Mandarin (which is supposed to be my mother tongue) or French (my 3rd language).

#14 ·

silverwhite said:
Believe it or not, English is my first language. :ras:

I'm much more comfortable speaking it than Mandarin (which is supposed to be my mother tongue) or French (my 3rd language).
Your english is dandy, though I didn't think it was your first language. I just assumed it wasn't based on where you said you lived, though I realize that was a bad assumption to make. Regardless, there are regional differences, so it was worth pointing that stuff out. Maybe people where you live aren't stupid enough to call him Gas-kett :p

#15 ·

silverwhite said:
BTW, which gender do you think I belong to? :eek:
I assumed you were male, but I don't know why you were assigned that particular gender. You just were.

Last time I told somebody that I thought they were a guy they were like "EVERYBODY SAYS THAT ALKJASLKDS" and I was like "whoa.... won't be answering THAT question again"

#16 ·

Chloe said:
Your english is dandy, though I didn't think it was your first language. I just assumed it wasn't based on where you said you lived, though I realize that was a bad assumption to make. Regardless, there are regional differences, so it was worth pointing that stuff out. Maybe people where you live aren't stupid enough to call him Gas-kett :p
Well, we're supposed to be bilingual and have 2 first languages but admittedly, most of us are stronger in English than Mandarin/Malay/Tamil.

And believe me, a lot of people here would call him Gas-kett. I don't make the mistake only because I happen to learn French. :angel:

#17 ·

Chloe said:
I assumed you were male, but I don't know why you were assigned that particular gender. You just were.

Last time I told somebody that I thought they were a guy they were like "EVERYBODY SAYS THAT ALKJASLKDS" and I was like "whoa.... won't be answering THAT question again"
You are correct. :worship:

Most people over here think I'm female just because I'm a Richard fan. I mean, I am a huge Williams fan too, so does that make me a hermaphrodite? :ras:

#18 ·

Thanking God everyday for he choose tennis over rugby...
Passenger of the Gasquet diesel car (slow to begin and to heat but then...)...lol i'm so bad for this kind of things
Practicing Gasquetists.
The new monotheist religion of the Third Millenium: Gasquetism...will spread over the world...lol
Chasing the injury prone Mini Fed lol#2
Sect of the Worshipers of the Goldsmith's Phallanxes lol#3
Believing in the Has been
Stamped fan of the always out of breath crippled Gasquet...
Bees # in the swarm around the guy from Sérignan
Clock/watchmaker's customers
We could make a joke because he'll always saying "fabulous", "voilà" and "tout ça" when he speaks
We could make a joke about all his numerous "tics"/"twitches" or mannerism, unconscious habits...(putting his foot on the line before returning, wiping up his racket grip, his constipated faces, his "minauderies", speaking to his coach during matches as if he could not be heard when the cameras and their close-ups show everything...)
The fact that he's always sweating like crazy ("bubles coming out his shoes" lol) ands always say he'll have to play the "perfect match" next round no matter the opponent...

These are not true suggestions but some things that could inspire those who have better knoledge of English and above all more talent and imagination...;)

Gaquettards?..."Bof" :p

#19 ·

silverwhite said:

Most people over here think I'm female just because I'm a Richard fan. I mean, I am a huge Williams fan too, so does that make me a hermaphrodite? :ras:
You must have written it somewhere before.

Richard fans are supposed to be teenaged girls. And me. Apparently you didn't get that email forward. For that matter, neither did Swiss Mister.

Not a hermaphrodite, a bisexual - since sexuality is what people are basing the gender assumtions on in the first place. Me, I've learned that such assumptions are of no use here in the world of internet tennis chat, where question for the day on wtaworld becomes "So who here is actually straight?"

With that, I'm to bed.

REALLY!

#23 ·

silverwhite said:

Yeah, as if one couldn't like a player male or female because of his game style and personality...:rolleyes:
But we should speak more about tennis in this Richard's forum, that's true... :p

#24 ·

Chloe said:
You must have written it somewhere before.

Richard fans are supposed to be teenaged girls. And me. Apparently you didn't get that email forward. For that matter, neither did Swiss Mister.

Not a hermaphrodite, a bisexual - since sexuality is what people are basing the gender assumtions on in the first place. Me, I've learned that such assumptions are of no use here in the world of internet tennis chat, where question for the day on wtaworld becomes "So who here is actually straight?"

With that, I'm to bed.

REALLY!
Well, like you said, people tend to think that Richard fans are all teenaged girls, rather than teenaged girls and homosexuals like Fonsie, so IMO, it's gender-based because everyone assumes that everyone else is straight.

For the record, I AM straight. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.