Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaChat Part 14

32K views 5K replies 62 participants last post by  Peta Pan 
#1 · (Edited)
Ditto - I find myself liking him but if I paid any attention to what he believes, or what he SAYS he believes anyway, I'd end up going nuts. So I think of him as pretty and ornamental and pay no attention to the drivel :)
While I can understand why he may amuse people - I have a hard time though with myopic ranting (when there seeme to be a brain there) so he tends to bug me more than not. And again- I am not keen on misogyny- no matter how cute the sexist.

He's clearly an intelligent guy--to say nothing of his behavior. However, I've seen a picture or two of him somewhere or other, but I had no idea he was attractive until you folks said so.
It is funny how there can be different ideas of what is attractive- but I do think Gu fits the bill for a number of folks.

So yeah I think he is intelligent but he is happy to come across as someone who has no respect at all for a different view to his own, which is a shame.
That is what bugs the sh** out of me. I don't like it when people want to argue for the sake of arguing and calling anyone who does not agree with them an idiot. I see too much of that type of - or rather lack of - discourse in the political realm.

I guess one shouldn't expect discourse that much in today's messageboard society- but I enjoy it when I find it and I feel the art of discussion is becoming lost.

I kinda feel bad talking about the fellow so much....but oh well- just doing what the thread title demands.

#3 ·
Re: 'Yes, we're probably talking about you' chat thread

I tend to agree that he's intelligent - you can see that by the way he is able to twist out of the argument-based traps people always try and lay for him - whenever I see some newcomer to GM start up and take him on I always think "oh dear, here we go".

I think he is intelligent, and I think he is a troll in the true sense of the word - that he posts things purely for the purpose of provoking a reaction from one fanbase or another. I have no idea what he really thinks about tennis. His views are probably fairly accurate as he states them but he tends to embellish them with lashings of troll behaviour and liberal use of buzzwords like mug, faker, moonballer, etc, knowing how much it annoys people.

So yeah I think he is intelligent but he is happy to come across as someone who has no respect at all for a different view to his own, which is a shame.
and you like him for this. :scratch: This is a subject upon which I am completely incapable of being impartial as I have often been a target of his "go bake a pie, bitch" comments.

#6 ·

and you like him for this. :scratch: This is a subject upon which I am completely incapable of being impartial as I have often been a target of his "go bake a pie, bitch" comments.
Yikes. He did not say that, did he? I mean, I like pies as much as the next man, but that's flagrantly offside.

EDIT: I probably actually like pies more than the next man. You know, full disclosure and all.

#4 ·

You are brave indeed. I thought I could do the same not pay attention to him. Then when he changed his siggy to malign Rafa nd link him to that doping scandal in Spain. I just said this guy is sick and he is beyond the pale. That's why I have vowed never to go to GM again.
Scoobs, you are very tolerant guy and are jai yen ( cool heart in Thai) I can imagine you not getting ruffled but me alas I am not a good Buddhist.
Yeah well I think what he's doing there is pretty disgusting but again, he's just trying to provoke that exact reaction from people.

And he's being very careful with it not to explicity accuse anyone, knowing people can understand what he's implying.

So I just pay no attention again because really, what does he view matter?

#8 ·

Somewhere along the line, I think I've seen a picture of you. Can't remember where, though. :confused:
Mister MTF contest maybe :lol:

#11 ·

I tend to agree that he's intelligent - you can see that by the way he is able to twist out of the argument-based traps people always try and lay for him - whenever I see some newcomer to GM start up and take him on I always think "oh dear, here we go".

I think he is intelligent, and I think he is a troll in the true sense of the word - that he posts things purely for the purpose of provoking a reaction from one fanbase or another. I have no idea what he really thinks about tennis. His views are probably fairly accurate as he states them but he tends to embellish them with lashings of troll behaviour and liberal use of buzzwords like mug, faker, moonballer, etc, knowing how much it annoys people.

Sorry to jump in but I don't think he's very intelligent. I haven't really seen him get out of any traps. He wins by being more aggressive than the other poster. I think he's smug and rates his abilities rather highly and that includes his trolling abilities:D.

pictures thread on Chat Threads
search by username
not mine :(
Genci I saw your pic when I was bored and looking through the pic thread:hearts::lol:. I saw Gu's too . He's above average but not that good looking as everyone makes him out to be:shrug:

#27 ·

Sorry to jump in but I don't think he's very intelligent. I haven't really seen him get out of any traps. He wins by being more aggressive than the other poster. I think he's smug and rates his abilities rather highly and that includes his trolling abilities:D.
I agree you on your points. He is just the worst kind of Troll.

What he did to the Catlady is unforgiveable.

#12 ·

i suck at using the search function :eek: i'll try again later.

scoobs, i think you nailed it when you said he does it just to provoke people. but i don't find that annoying in principle - i like the concept of making provocative statements to test the boundaries.

i don't find his type of posting annoying at all. actually the only two things i consistently dislike about GM are noletrolls crying foul, and people acting holier than thou. if i'm annoyed by other things, it tends to be momentary. GM (not Gu) on the whole is rather entertaining, imo. :shrug:

#44 ·

Food talk:lol: I am not fond of sweet food in general although I likely sweetened chocolate cakes. I also dislike cheese and ask for it to be removed. I have so much trouble in US because most snacks are sweet here although its a paradise for the sweet-toothed:lol:

#45 ·

RafatheBest is my new favorite poster and if he/she is a double account then my old favorite poster.

#52 ·

I feel like I am being ignored here:sad: BD and Cheryl, get a room you two:D

This post has been deleted
#60 ·

Oh, don't you start. :( I previously established that Cheryl only likes me for five minutes at a time. Okay, I didn't establish it so much as just blurt it. It's true enough, though.
Well those five minutes are all so :inlove: and cozy though:rolls:

Well her own comments about Nadal/Agassi/Murray/Cachalot whale aren't very nice either.

Glenn was absolutely correct to point out sheer hypocrisy, and the same Mr Safin who was told 'f*ck you' in the post, is a man she was once a fan of :shrug:
Glenn has no business pointing out anything of anybody's:lol: I don't like the Cat Lady much but its still rather mean particularly because she said it right after the match.

Yep, me too. I like all of those. I don't tend to like standard american fare - I much prefer ethnic food.
I like Indian, Thai, Mexican food:D I also like the Mongolian Buffet although in all of these places I have tough time making sure the food is vegetarian. In a lot of Thai restaurants they add fish/oyster sauce by default even in their vegetarian options:lol:

#69 ·

Well those five minutes are all so :inlove: and cozy though:rolls:

Glenn has no business pointing out anything of anybody's:lol: I don't like the Cat Lady much but its still rather mean particularly because she said it right after the match.

I like Indian, Thai, Mexican food:D I also like the Mongolian Buffet although in all of these places I have tough time making sure the food is vegetarian. In a lot of Thai restaurants they add fish/oyster sauce by default even in their vegetarian options:lol:
Oh yes. Fish sauce - that never even occurred to me (I am a seafood eater). I don't care for mexican so much because of the cheese. :rolls:

#63 ·

Since we all agreed that Thai food is great. Here is the famous Gaeng Khiao Wan ( sweet green curry) Though the this picture is not very authentic The real Thai green curry should have small eggplants in it.

#67 ·

Since we all agreed that Thai food is great. Here is the famous Gaeng Khiao Wan ( sweet green curry) Though the this picture is not very authentic The real Thai green curry should have small eggplants in it.
I loves me some Thai food. I could eat it all day but I don't go too hot - bit of a wimp with my palate.

#74 ·

Well according to Lynette Federer:

"Nadal is a phenomenal player with a great temperament, he met us after the final and told us it was an honour to play against Roger his parents must be very proud of him as I am of Roger following that final."

Seriously, it's a love-in. I can only assume Rafa is clearing the way to ask for Roger's hand in marriage :angel:

#77 ·

Well according to Lynette Federer:

"Nadal is a phenomenal player with a great temperament, he met us after the final and told us it was an honour to play against Roger his parents must be very proud of him as I am of Roger following that final."

Seriously, it's a love-in. I can only assume Rafa is clearing the way to ask for Roger's hand in marriage :angel:
Rafa has been properly brought up, there is no ifs and buts about it. I think a lot of Roger's perceived arrogance is actually shyness. Also in my experience Swiss people are quite reserved. while rafa being Spanish wears his heart on his sleeves.
I really like Federer's parents they were so wonderful that night. It was the first time I saw them.

#108 ·

awwww! Happy Birthday, Hema! :hug:
:lol: I am already a week over 27:sad: Old age:sigh:

JM said I was the "Poor Man's Adam." (That could be my nickname!) I'm quite sure you mentioned it. I have a July birthday as well, so maybe that's why I remembered. :D
I searched for my post and can't find it:(. But you and Adam:hearts:

Well, to be fair....Maria isn't a bitch and neither is Ania.
True that:D The rest of us definitely are though:rocker:

This post has been deleted
#144 ·

I knew this poking with a stick thing would get you into trouble.

It's best to do as warriorroger does and put your weird fetishes in their own thread somewhere, or not mention them at all :)
warriorroger :rolls: is he still around? IW'07 must have made his YEAR :haha:

#147 ·

sisterhood of the travelling pants :tape:

I think my senior year of high school some girl in class mentioned something that involved pants and all the guys laughed at the name and then all the girls started talking about it feverishly. A few years later I saw the add for the movie, and finally understood what the hell it was.

#149 ·

sisterhood of the travelling pants :tape:

I think my senior year of high school some girl in class mentioned something that involved pants and all the guys laughed at the name and then all the girls started talking about it feverishly. A few years later I saw the add for the movie, and finally understood what the hell it was.
there's apparently a part 2 coming out soon :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1018785/

#158 ·

For the record, I am not a "Rafatard." However, I am a "fanboy" through and through.
Well, I allegedly only post here to insult the fangirls.

#163 ·

It's funny to see so many Ducktards bitching about Fedtards being glory hunters... Is this a coincidence that most Ducktards turned into Rafatards (TGS, BGT, Tangy, etc...)? :confused: It must be just a coincidence, those can't be glory hunters obviously :angel: :lol:

#164 ·

Well of course the Ducks are going to enjoy Nadal, because he stops Federer winning regularly.

#166 ·

Well of course the Ducks are going to enjoy Nadal, because he stops Federer winning regularly.
That's obvious indeed, they will never admit it though, as I said many times, lots of people here bandwagon anyone who beats Fed... The day Spadea flukes a win against Roger his bandwagon will derail for sure... And yet they claim being tennis fans... :zzz:

#167 ·

Yes, Adam you are a brown nose, but I wouldn't expect it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.