Mens Tennis Forums banner

2012 Clay and Grass Seasons

9K views 131 replies 14 participants last post by  SapELee 
#1 · (Edited)
Despite the loss to Mayer, Ryan didn't play too bad (seemed a lot more comfortable than the last couple of weeks). He had his chances early in the third set, but his serve failed him at the end. When Mayer was returning serve way behind the baseline during the third set, Ryan should have serve and volley (he had successes in the 2nd set, but seemed to have gotten away from it towards the end of the match).

#5 ·
Re: Prepping for Roland Garros continues in Dusseldorf

Such a pouring rain in Dusseldorf. I think they might not be able to play today. At least I cannot wait for it anymore. It's almost 3 a.m. and tomorrow (actually today) is Monday... :(

Ito surprisingly defeated Stepanek. I hope Ryan can at least defeat one Japanese player (it seems easier than to defeat one of these two Czechs), so that he can earn 35 (or 25) points....

#10 · (Edited)
Re: Prepping for Roland Garros continues in Dusseldorf

Such a pouring rain in Dusseldorf.

It was not just rain, it was hail. And LOADS of it :eek: I was there and have never seen something like that before. It got dark and then the umpire announced that play was suspended due to lightning. And then they announced for the crowd to immediately leave the court. Just like two minutes later the rain and hail came, scary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.