Mens Tennis Forums banner

James in 2011

16K views 202 replies 18 participants last post by  nalbyfan 
#1 ·
What do you think will happen? Only one month left and we start next season, maybe the last one for James :sad: Hope he still can show his better side before retirement :sad: This year he played great in January, maybe after the break he will be able to repeat that in 2011 :wavey:

#2 ·
His performance in Australia will give us a lot of answers. I really hope he comes into the season fresh and fully committed to success at every tournament!!! When James retires it would be one of the saddest days in tennis history. :sad:

#3 ·
I can't wait for January. I love spending nights watching AO and I also vividly remember watching del Potro-Blake match this year. It's really nice memory and I hope I'll have much more similar to this one. Beginning of 2011 will be really important for James, so we have to cross our fingers for a good start ;)

#5 ·
Probably, it will be not his last season considering his great love for the game. Different things happen, f.e. Jonas Bjorkman was able to play semifinals of Wimbledon in 2006 at the age of 34, Agassi was finalist of US Open at the age of 35, so maybe James will make a pleasant surprise? Who knows, everything will depend on his health. He should also work on his fitness as his movement is the key to return to TOP 50. Do you know if James has recovered from his knee problems?

#6 ·
From time to time a look for some news, but don't know anything about any injuries. Actually, during off-season players rarely talk about these problems. If they're fine, they practise; if they aren't, they hope to recover. So we need to wait and check how James will perform in Buenos, and then in his first ATP tournaments of the year.

#9 ·
Blake-Fish
6-4 6-4

To be honest, I'm really surprised of this result. I'd thought it would be nice if James won a set, but he managed to win it in quite easily, I think. It's just exhibition tournament, but it always shows a bit of real players' trim and their chances in new season. That's why I'm really pleased to see that. Let's see how he will do in his next match against Monaco on Saturday.

#10 ·
Blake-Monaco
4-6 2-6

Monaco lost to Nalbandian in final.

#13 ·
James Blake
happy holidays everyone. should know soon when i'll be starting on the court in 2011...
This is from Facebook. So he isn't done yet:p

#16 ·
#18 ·
In my view he wants to be on tour as long as possible whcih is rather obvious... He started playing late (he was 20) and he doesn't want his retirement yet.
Decision on leaving coach is weird, but it seems James know what he's doing. We'll see. Can't wait to see him back in 2011.

#19 ·
James confirmed he had received wild cards to all events he had planned to play (San Jose, Memphis, Delray Beach). Good luck there!

#21 ·
Because there were so many withdrawals for San Jose, James ended up not even needing the WC. ;)

[6] Benjamin Becker (GER) - Ricardas Berankis (LTU)
Dustin Brown (GER) - Donald Young (USA)
Qualifier - James Blake (USA)
Milos Raonic (CAN) - [4] Xavier Malisse (BEL)
^This is his quarter of the draw. Qualifying draw isn't out yet, so I have no idea who he could face.

#22 ·
It's hard to predict how far James can go. But I hope he will make some big surprises there;)

#24 ·
James should beat Levine.
Beating Mallisse/Raonic would be hard. These guys have been playing great this season so far. Reaching at least semis here would prove that James can come back to top 50 in a short time. We'll see!
Come on JB!!

#25 ·
San Jose R1: James def Levine 7-5 6-1 in 73 minutes.
James seemed very rusty, but looked like he was moving ok. No noticeable injury issues. He was making a lot of errors in the 1st set which was keeping Jesse in the set. But in the 2nd, Jesse was clearly having issues with his knees (both were heavily taped) and he wasn't really running down balls or trying hard. I'm more interested in seeing how James will do against Malisse or Raonic in the next round. ;)

#28 ·
Nice comeback :yeah: But next match should be much more interesting;)

#29 ·
James faces Raonic in R2 on Wednesday. Raonic hit 20 aces against Malisse and some of his serves went over 140 MPH. If he plays like this later today, James will have problems. :unsure:

From Raonic's blog on the San Jose website:
Speaking of players you grow up watching, my next match is against James Blake. It's nice playing these guys you used to watch. I think I'll have an advantage - I'll know him more than he'll know me! So I'll use that as much as I can. I know he'll go for his shots. I'll just take care of my serve and hopefully I'll get a few chances on the return. I look forward to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.