Mens Tennis Forums banner

Mariano's Challengers' Thread 2007

15K views 170 replies 19 participants last post by  Gaston Wheatons 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After winning his 1st Rd Match Mariano will now play M
Lopez. Vamos Mariano :D

#29 · (Edited)
Again he lost to Gonzalez 4-6 ret. Does any one know why did he withdraw?

#31 ·
Dont know if he's going to play in BA, but this week he's playing Sevilla challenger. This is his part of draw:

(6)Marcel Granollers (ESP) vs (WC)Mariano Puerta (ARG)
Jesse Huta Galung (NED) vs Juan Pablo Villar (ARG)
Adrian Cruciat (ROU) vs Ivo Klec (SVK)
(2)Fernando Vicente (ESP) vs Lamine Ouahab (ALG)

#34 ·
:sad:

#38 ·
Looks like he had a very tight match. On to the next challenger. Can some one explain to me how the points in challengers work toward getting into qualis for ATP events. I don't know anything about that system. Also how is Mariano doing in regard to points and his long journey to the ATP. Anyway I'm glad to see him in SF's and a final this season and hope he continues to improve his success.

#43 ·
As any ATP event, Challengers give players points. The points are acumulated. ATP Tour/International Series tournament requires NORMALLY a higher amount of points than challengers. When he accumulates points enough to enter in ATP Tour/IS tourney draw or qualy draw, he'll play the ATP Tour/International Series tourneys.
He can also get in the draw with a WC like he did for the Sevilla Challenger.

#49 ·
Mariano lost 36 76 67(5)
It was dissapointing as he was up a break late in the third set :rolleyes:. Navarro is a decent player and it is certaintly a better scoreline than Mariano's other challengers this year, but if he is to reach his goals he must win some matches. :cool:

#50 ·
Mariano had a very good week overall as he reached the final of the San Luis Potosi challenger. He appears to finally be in decent form. It is a shame then, that he injured his back sometime in the semis and couldn't play the final. I don't think it's too serious, and it's encouraging how Mariano is playing :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.