Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Magic Monfils Brotherhood ===<--@

39K views 1K replies 48 participants last post by  tennisace 
#1 · (Edited)
To avoid the confusion andhave some fun during the winter break, let's write a few sentences about ourselves. I guess I am not the right person to start, but the hell why not ;)

My "artistic nickname" is Nathaliia M. and Natalia is my real name, so it isn't far from the truth. I come from Poland, I study in Wrocław (at Law Faculty) and I'm 20 years old. I like tennis from 1999 since I have seen Marcelo Rios of course... Oh, actually the first match I saw was between Fernando Meligeni and Tim Henman... I was surprised about the doubles corridor, why the linesmen shouted "out".

Anyways... my faves now are (of course, I will always admire Rios and Meligeni!) from the first row: Gael Monfils, David Nalbandian, Guillermo Coria (for his magic), Jarkko Nieminen and from the second row I have so many favourites that it's hard to mention them all, but how would I be able to forget about Juan Martin del Potro, Michael Ryderstedt or Santiago Giraldo, or the Polish players Marcin Matkowski and Mariusz Fyrstenberg.

I like writing... the air-mail letters (yeaaah ;) )... and the stories... and I like writing about tennis... I worked in a press office in Szczecin challenger and Aachen challenger (Germany), and it looks I will work in Wrocław and it looks I may work for... (OK... things are not confirmed, nevermind).

I like long night walks and I don't care it may e not safe :rolleyes:. I like good music... different kinds as long as it's good and has melody or the climate... my fave bands these days are System of a Down, Placebo, Starsailor, Katatonia, The Killers, Garbage, HIM, Apocalyptica, Die Toten Hosen, Franz Ferdinand, Manu Chao, Nightwish, Guano Apes and many many more :yeah:.

The funny thing about me... oh there would be many to talk about... but the last one which still makes me laugh... I was shown at Zabaleta & Chela TV Show in South America. It was when I was writing an article from the practise session and they got me taped ;).

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: @->-- The WHO ARE WE Thread -->-@

Good idea. :)

First i'll react to your post then i'll talk about myself ^^

:lol: at the doubles corridor comment...
For me, it was the opposite... i didn't know why they didn't shout "out" when it was a doubles match, the first time i saw one on tv. ^^

You like Garbage and Manu Chao? :hearts:
I used to really like SOAD and Placebo... And Nightwish actually. But for some reason, i don't listen to their cd's anymore :awww:

You were on the Zabaleta & Chela show? Ohhh, so you're one famous person :worship:
More seriously, that's cool :cool:

#3 ·

Now, me. :/

Um...
Well my name's Parissima. I just decided to use it as my username, because it's easier (and i had no idea for another username) and i knew it wouldn't be already taken by someone else :p.
I turned 18 about two months ago. I still don't see why make such a big deal about it :confused:
I've always lived in Paris. Well, not exactly, i was in the USA for several months when i was a tiny lil baby, but that doesn't count, does it? ^^
I study medecine at the Pierre & Marie Curie University in Paris (and it's my first year).

About tennis...
I've really started to like it during this year's french open, when watching Paulo's last match there and then Rafael Nadal play the finals against Puerta.
I'd been to the french open 3 times before, because my mother had tickets from her job. And i had really enjoyed it back then, since i knew some players so i could actually cheer for someone (-> Martina Hingis, Seb Grosjean, Marat Safin, Andre Agassi, Mary Pierce and the Williams sisters), but i just wasn't that interested in tennis.

Now "mes chouchous" are : Richard Gasquet, Gaël Monfils, Paulo Mathieu, Arnaud Clément, Seb Grojean, Roger Federer, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Carlos Moya and Rafael Nadal. As for the girls: Mary Pierce, Tatiana Golovin, Amélie Mauresmo, Kim Clijsters and Lindsay Davenport, basically.

I like to read a lot... Right now, i'm reading Stephen King's It. I love the Harry Potter books, A Series Of Unfortunate Events, and The Chronicles of Narnia. I love the french writer Amélie Nothomb.
I also like to write a bit... I send mail to a friend of mine who lives in Alsace (we talk to each other on MSN, but we like to exchange letters, it's fun ^^). I also write on my blog, but it's not the same kind of writing i guess :p
I love to travel too. I've been going to foreign countries since i was born (i learned how to walk in Los Angeles :cool: :lol: ). So far i've been to the USA, Canada, Mexico, Spain (looong ago), Italy, Greece, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, England and Iran.
I would love to go to Asia or more northern countries... :)
And i also really enjoy going to the cinema, at least 3 times per month...My favorite actors are Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Jason Isaacs, Ralph Fiennes, Mel Gibson, Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Bruce Willis. Favorites actresses are Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, Julie Andrews, Christina Ricci...

Music... Ahhh... It's the same, i don't care about the style of music, as long as it sounds good to me/has a good rythm or melody, i'll love any song.
At the moment, my favorite bands are Garbage, the Sugababes, U2, Linkin Park, Lucy Pearl, Indochine (french band ^^). My favorite singers would be Christina Aguilera, Céline Dion, Shakira, Ray Charles, Madonna, ...

There's not much else i can say about me here, i think...
:scratch:

#4 ·

Hi Parissima! What a unique name, by the way! /ehh at least I think so.../ I have been to Paris this year... few days... and later at Cote d'Azur. Amazing places... I guess Paris is the most beautiful place in the world!

Maria Skłodowska - Curie was Polish, actually ;) The road named after her leads straight from my dormitory to the People's Hall where in Wrocław is held a challenger :yeah:. So this wise lady is connected with some good things for both of us.

I've never been to RG of course, but it's my dream... One day I will. Oh and Seb Grosjean was one of my fave players and he is still! I don't know how I managed to forget him.

Stephen King is my fave author as well :lol: and Aguilera, Shakira and Celine Dion are my fave female singers :yeah:. All the Gael's fans are the same :confused: :haha:

I like travelling, too. I've been to many places in Europe, apart from Poland (in order of appearance): Czech Republic, Ukraine, Moldavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Vaticane, San Marino, Germany, France and Monaco.

:wavey:

#5 ·

Thanks, about my name. It's not that unique... if you got to Iran :p (however, there, Parissa is more common than Parissima, but anyways ^^).

What time of the year did you come to Paris and the Côte d'Azur? Glad you liked it, by the way :)

Ohh right. At one time i knew Marie Curie was Polish, but my memory doesn't work that well ^^. Well, that's great. That's one first thing we have in common ;)

Nathaliia said:
Stephen King is my fave author as well :lol: and Aguilera, Shakira and Celine Dion are my fave female singers :yeah:. All the Gael's fans are the same :confused: :haha:
I dunno, but seems like it :lol:

Stephen King terrifies me. I swear... He's such a great writer tho' (that's why i can't resolve myself to stop reading It :( ).

Oh, and you've been to all those western european countries i'd love to go to (my father's been to some of them for his job and he thought it was great).

Is Monaco really as small as they say it is?
I really can't imagine a 2km² country :scratch:

#6 ·

Are you originally from Iran? As many people who will come and post (maybe next season :tape: ) are from France and they have different roots, I wanted to tell you I am not 100% Polish...
My greatgrandmother was American Indian and my greatgrandfather was from Belgium.

Yes, Monaco is very small, but they have good supermarkets with quite cheap wine and very expensive vodka from Poland. I suppose I can make a business on smuggling ;) I didn't sightsee much in Monaco, because it was the enthroning of Prince Albert and almost everything (apart from this supermarket) was closed for tourists. I only heard some echo from Joe Cocker's concert.

:wavey:

#7 ·

Ohhh so you were there not long ago!

Both my parents are Iranian. But i was born in France. I'd consider myself as 70% french and 30% iranian (because i don't speak the language, don't know that much about the culture or history...).

It's an interesting mix : Polish, American Indian and you've also got origins in Belgium! :) That's cool.

#8 ·

Thanks Nathii and Parissima :D

I’m Solangel from Venezuela. I’m Computer and Telecommunications Engineer. I’m working in my own Company, selling Telecommunications Services and Open Source solutions. I’m in Caracas Venezuela at the moment but I’m going to London next year so my sister is there.

About tennis:

I’ve started to follow tennis being a child around 1985. My 1st favourite player was Edberg and then Guga. However I like too many players now like Gaël, Marat, PHM, Kiwi, Richard, Carlos Moya, Ferrer, Mariano Zabaleta, Kim Clijsters, Chucho Acasuso, Gaudio..... :)

I’ve been in the states (FL – including Miami TMS, Boston, NY – including USO, North Caroline, LA, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Washington DC, Huston, Utah, Phoenix, ..), Italia (my mother is Italian), Paris, Seville, Madrid, Toulouse, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Bruges, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, Jamaica. ..

I like to read books, bestseller, and all the stuff in the spiritual matter (just looking for inner pace, not religion).

I would like to write more about my self but I’m so lazy.

#9 ·

Wow, you've seen a lot of places in the world, Solangel (beautiful name by the way :D).

It's cool that you're having your own company. Hope it's doing good :)

Are you planning to actually move and live in London? Just curious. :angel:

#11 ·

Ohh... Well i hope it'll only get better for your company :hug:

London's a cool city. Have you ever been there already?
It's nice that you go visit your sister :)
My brother's in Finland, but i don't really have the time to go see him (i will, but not before June).

#12 ·

parissima said:
Ohh... Well i hope it'll only get better for your company :hug:

London's a cool city. Have you ever been there already?
It's nice that you go visit your sister :)
My brother's in Finland, but i don't really have the time to go see him (i will, but not before June).

I've been in London twice in summer (even if I didn't mention this trip in my previous post). My sister is working in the Imperial College, and she’s helping me to look for a British Visa. I need to improve my English to earn more points in the migration system. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get a good job/business there but our Country is in troubles.

#13 ·

Oh so you know a lil bit what it's like there.
Your sister seems to be having a nice job, it's nice of her to help you with the Visa (it's not always easy to get eh...).
At least, you're good at writing. I guess it's the speaking you need to improve? ;)
I'm sorry to hear that about your country, i didn't really know...
Hope it'll work out for you, you'll keep us informed, right? :D
But, yeah, that'll be in a while... ^^

(now i need to work on my signature here :p)

#14 ·

parissima said:
Oh so you know a lil bit what it's like there.
Your sister seems to be having a nice job
Yes.. She has a good job but she’s smart and studied in MIT.

parissima said:
it's nice of her to help you with the Visa (it's not always easy to get eh...).
I know... It's hard to get

parissima said:
At least, you're good at writing. I guess it's the speaking you need to improve? ;)
Yes.. and I only speak a bit of American English (not British) but not that well of course ;)

parissima said:
Hope it'll work out for you, you'll keep us informed, right? :D
But, yeah, that'll be in a while... ^^
Sure! :)

#15 ·

Sol ;) And we both like Guillermo Canas, right?
Sol and I met once on the old forum of www.atptennis.com

I've never been to London, but be assured you will meet there thousands thousands of Polish people. I suppose Polish is now the second spoken language in London, so I can give you some lessons ;)

#16 ·

Oh ok. Wow, that's funny... Seeing the same people on other message boards, etc... :)

#17 ·

Nathaliia said:
Sol ;) And we both like Guillermo Canas, right?
Right ;)

Nathaliia said:
Sol and I met once on the old forum of www.atptennis.com ;)
Yes.. and Nathii is a :cool: girl ;)

Nathaliia said:
I can give you some lessons ;)
Thanks!. I'll need a nice teacher like you of course ;) I did read your articles and your English is pretty good. :yeah:

#18 ·

yeeah... but it was in 2001 i suppose... long time ago
and Sol goodrepped me here once .... and asked if me was me! And in fact I am myself !!! haha ... ;) The other person I know (from Yahoo) is Kristen (Bjorkman_Girl).

#20 ·

Nathaliia said:
and Sol goodrepped me here once .... and asked if me was me! And in fact I am myself !!! haha ... ;) The other person I know (from Yahoo) is Kristen (Bjorkman_Girl).
Yes,... Kristen and Peta (Peta Pan- formerly PJ girl) did post in the ATP board as well but not in that often in the "Your Letters board" as in the player's message board.

Dirk is also around but he becomes a polemic Roger's fan here ;)

#21 ·

Nathaliia said:
:lol:

Wow. The only person i know from another forum is the person who first told me about the MTF ^^ So i guess that doesn't really count :p

#23 ·

Oh it's a great person ^^
I'd met her on forums about cinema actually. She then became one of my best friends.
(Detheo's her username here, but she doesn't come that much now).

Reactions: sol
#24 ·

parissima said:
Oh it's a great person ^^
I'd met her on forums about cinema actually. She then became one of my best friends.
(Detheo's her username here, but she doesn't come that much now).
:cool:

I did invite several friends to post here but they left this website after a few posts.:p

#25 ·

sol ☼ said:
:cool:

I did invite several friends to post here but they left this website after a few posts.:p
because it's "hate it or love it" place. people might not accept it at the beginning, joining the community here is very difficult i suppose...

I like the challengers threads :worship: haha...

I started posting this year in March or April... even though I registered in 2003. Just forgot about this place after I got confirmation of joining.

#26 ·

Yeah. This website can by scary for the newcomers in GM. I didn’t post in any forums since the ATPtennis board died because my job. I found this website when I was working in a temporary project at home just by curiosity. My 1st posts were in GM and in the tournament’s threads to follow the scores. Then.. they opened the Forum’s section to talk in Spanish (I was posting a lot there and opened too many threads for different players). I’ve over 10K because I used to have a Chat Thread in Non-Tennis but it died and my formerly partner there has a new one.

Why did you start to post on this forum after a long while?. Just curious. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.