Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kebabs

20K views 180 replies 58 participants last post by  out_here_grindin 
#1 ·
ok... so, it has come to my attention that a board member has only recently found the beauty that is... the kebab...

it is absolutely true... they are at times wonderful...typically consumed at around 4am after the girl/guy you were talking to walked away because you where unable to be understood... many kebabs consumed at this time could be considered bad kebabs and there was actually a point in time where bad kebabs began to symbolise my social life... so much so that i named my air guitar rock band Bad Kebab... however, due to the taste buds being rendered useless by intoxication it matters little...

anyways, the two kebab houses i am about to share with you do not require an obscene level of intoxication to be enjoyed...

i would encourage everyone who knows where to find a top shelf kebab to share the whereabouts of such a kebab... don't keep your good luck to yourself... everybody has a right to a life involving top quality kebabs...

one rule: dont give me this half cut up pitta sh!t that has crap falling out the top of it... useless... don't be lazy, get the proper gear and roll that shit up... it's not even up for debate...

THIS IS A KEBAB

THIS IS NOT A KEBAB

i had many kebabs previous to this, but i came across this particular kebab in 1996... it totally revolutionised they way i thought about kebabs... rolled up, compact, little spillage... a neat and tidy job and always a well balanced mix of garden vegtables and meat... try the chicken kebab, extra cheese, w/ hommus and garlic sauce... but doesnt matter what combo, as long as you order a kebab...

i was back in newcastle australia last year for my bro wedding, and on the morning of the wedding i made my way back there to see if it was still around... lo and behold.. it was... and wow... same great kebab action... i went ape shit inside for a while before containing myself and then ordering...

last year, i also ran into a kebab house that matched the kebab i had in newcastle, australia...

i found it on the southern end of Plaza Nueva, Granada, Spain... just on the junction to Calle Elvira... go the doner/chicken mix and chooe any topping... again, well rolled... take this away or even eat it on the run...

do it!!

celebrate all time great kebabs by posting where we can find them...

because, deep down, when you search your feelings, you know as well as i do that the world needs a better quality kebab...

See less See more
#34 ·
Ah kebab... The delicious thing that Turkish immigrants with Masters' and PhD's end up doing. We have a solid kebab and pizza joint about 70 meters from our front door... My favorite is the roll as well with some blue cheese inside.

#35 ·
The humble kebab is a wonderful thing.

#37 ·
we have plenty of gyros shops over here, but often they have only tzatziki sauce to put in besides the usual stuff, ketchup, mustard etc.

what they dont have is the chilly and garlic sauce combo I had in london, in a proper kebab restaurant. I call it 'gastro' sauce cause it touches just the right spot. mmmmmmm

#38 ·
Burek and pljeskavica hit the spot as well.

Reactions: Deathless Mortal
#40 ·

that delicious food found in bursa (turkey's city) at 1867. i live in bursa, so i'm eating that food at its original place. i can say easily most of the doner/kebab etc. at outside of turkey aren't making good and with the right way (there are some good ones though). you should eat it in turkey. if you come istanbul or bursa, let me say. i'm generous. :p

#50 ·
I've only seen them in Greece, never anywhere else :shrug:
But they're so much better with the fries inside of them ;)

And I agree with what Getta said. You can find one on every block in Greece (probably in Turkey too, but I've never been there so I can't say :p), maybe even 2-3 on the same block!!!!
The best one I had was on Rhodes. I wish I remembered the name of that place :(

#51 ·
Mjau :haha:

This thread makes me so hungry.

#56 ·
yes, right near the presidential building

#60 ·
@fast_clay: I don't even remember where it was, but I remember that it was on a corner and it was somewhat near the airport. There was an ice cream place across the street and both places were the only places open during the mid-afternoon as everyone else was enjoying their siesta. And the guy that owned it was really nice and I remember he sat down at my table and was very friendly and talked with us :)

#62 ·
yeah man... i like this thread... cos kebabs are the glue that hold the world together... well kebabs, and a half decent shag helps...

good name that for a kebab house... i like it... is it down the road from your stop bro...?

the kebab house i was at last night was called Tasty Hut... man... that was a good kebab... and i gave it a good home... i didnt take a pic... cos it didnt look too flash... my first visit there... but i smashed that kebab anyways...

#95 ·
just dropping here to get the juices going. mmmmmmm. what to eat?

today I had a couple of pork chops for lunch. yeah I think fish will do it tonight. will go with sardines, some eggs, paprika...
this thread is good for that... i questioned my chicken curry tonight once i saw some of the new gear in here even though i had devoured the curry 90 minutes earlier... seriously questioned it... good menu you got going there btw mate...

I need to buy myself a kebab tomorrow. Great food. A kebab is about 1 euro here. Pretty cheap.
where the hell is that...? €1...? cant beat that value... i shelled out €5.50 for my one the other night... that's considered decent for here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.