Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

17K views 296 replies 48 participants last post by  Puschkin 
#1 · (Edited)
Schedule versus Czech Republic:

Friday: 13:30 GMT
Saturday: 13:00 GMT
Sunday: 12:00 GMT

#30 ·
Yeah that makes sense but on the DC website earlier it said he withdrew and that the full story would follow. I think they got it wrong though because now it just says they're without Gael Monfils, who was originally selected for the 4 man squad. I think you guys are right though and Forget just didn't put him in the final 4 and went for Mika in the doubles

#31 ·
No surprises with the draw then...

I really hope we get to see this tie (and selfishly I'm glad of the lesser "pressure" on our guy's shoulders this DC :)).

#34 ·
Reactions: Tess Gray
#37 ·
this is a really stupid question but i havent followed dc before and am curious ... if the french lads lose this tie are they out of the tourny?

#41 ·
And I'm not sure but do the first round losers have to play in a play off to stay in the world group next year?
I'm quite sure you're right. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. It's been said before, but France certainly have a good enough team to win it this year. The doubles match will be very important. Lose, and France have to win both reverse singles; win, and we can just leave it up to Jo to win one more match:p.

#44 ·
Yeah I think they go into a Play-Off next year to get back into the world group if they lose to the Czech Republic. If they win the play-off they stay in the world group, if not they get relegated to the Euro/Africa Zone that Britain are in at the moment. It is kind of complicated but let's hope we can win this tie. Allez FRANCE!!!

#47 ·
the czech captain decided to send his best players to play doubles

the french team will have to face the berdych/stepaneck pair...

Big bet from him but a very exciting match to come:bounce::armed::armed:

#48 ·
Good luck Richie and Mika.

#50 ·
Berdych and Stepanek are playing doubles??? That is a HUGE gamble from the Czech captain. They won't be fresh for tomorrow now whereas Gilles and Jo will unless Forget decides to change the doubles pairing now they're playing Stepanek and Berdych but I don't think he will. This could really work in France's favour

#53 ·
#58 ·
The Czech captain subbed Steps in only because he know he can get in Richie's head. :mad: Richie down 15-40 on his serve. :eek:

#59 ·
richie broken :mad:

#60 ·
czechs with the 1st set. gonna be an uphill struggle now. richie still seems to be affected by that idiot stepanek's presence :eek:. i HATE that idiot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.