Mens Tennis Forums banner

Canadian Players 2

177K views 3K replies 73 participants last post by  Brad1973 
#1 ·
Our other thread has reached the max posts for a thread on MTF (5000) so we will start a new one.

Here is a link to the old one.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=5037

We can either keep this second thread or see if they will allow us to get a subform for Canadian players like many other countries have (which they may not allow).

What do you guys think?

#726 ·
I guess that is what I meant Gonzil. I want them to give it to younger players but maybe not the yougest, the only one I gave a wildcard to that was maybe not warranted was Di Feo. I just gave it to him over Nguyen because I think I saw Nguyen in some entry list in a G1 in Thailand which is around the same time as this. Maybe he will quit that one if he get the wildcard in Montreal. Maybe they will give different WC's to different players for the two futures event. I can't wait to see the entry list of the Rimouski Challenger.

#732 ·
Nice bit from Challenger Tennis about Adil in blog today:

"In winning the Quimper dubs title with American partner James Cerretani, he’s now made 12 Challenger doubles finals in the last 15 months, with 6 different partners, winning 4 of them (finals, not partners). Not to mention he and Cerretani also won an ATP title last week in Jo’burg. I got to see him play with Vasek Pospisil at the Dallas Challenger last year, and I was seriously impressed. It genuinely bothers me that he doesn’t get more attention in the tennis world. Guess I’ll have to do my next “Spotlight On” profile about Adil…"

http://challengertennis.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/challenger-tennis-week-six-in-review/#more-1253

#733 ·
I know Peter is back home in Canada, but where is he playing next? Does anyone know?

#734 ·
Steven Diez lost in the first round of a Spanish futures 16-16, to a guy barely ranked above him (in the 400). I really don't know what to think about him anymore, since he seemed to be a pretty good up and comer and seems to be stagnating(if not worse) for the past year/year and a half. Is it because Galo Blanco isn't with him anymore??

#737 ·
Wonder what Pierre, Vasek and Philip are going to do this week. I wonder if they are going to try and qualify for Delray Beach? I know that Frank and Peter will be there so if they try that would make five Canadians in the Qualies draw. Vasek and Philip might go straight back home and get ready for the futures events there but who knows.

I keep seeing Haessig in the Turkey futures entry lists but he keeps withdrawing for some reason, I guess he feels he is either not ready or is just too far down the alternates list to make the qualies. Maybe Blanco (he was Diez's caoch right?) left Diez because he was too much of a loose cannon. Not the same player as we saw last year and defenitely taking a few steps back from where we thought he was going to be. Kinda reminds me of the start that Milos had last year.

#751 ·
Good for Frank, disappointing for Peter.

I am sort of wondering how things are going to go on the DC team, now that Milos is suddenly such a star. I am sure the others are happy for him, but there could be awkwardness with him being so far ahead of them, and younger. Especially Frank finds himself no longer Canada's best hope/#1 as he is used to being for so long. Anyway I hope they all adjust elegantly to the new landscape.

#752 ·
Hopefully Milos' recent results can work as motivation to the rest of the Canadians instead. I'm sure they all wish they could be the ones achieving what Milos has so it could push them to work harder. I really like the way Canadian tennis is looking right now, on the men's side and women's side as well.