Mens Tennis Forums banner

Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

90K views 861 replies 141 participants last post by  Melly Flew Us 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

#782 ·
Australian TV show apologizes for blackface skit

By TANALEE SMITH, Associated Press Writer – Thu Oct 8, 6:06

ADELAIDE, Australia – An Australian variety show host has apologized for a skit in which singers parodying the Jackson Five performed in blackface.

American singer and actor Harry Connick Jr., who was serving as a guest judge on Wednesday night's "Hey Hey It's Saturday," was visibly shocked by the skit, in which four men with afro wigs and blackface sang and danced behind a Michael Jackson impersonator wearing white makeup.

Connick, 42, gave the performance a zero score and told them that if it had been done in the United States it would have been pulled off the air.

Blackface was a traditional trope of minstrel shows in the U.S. that dates to the 19th century. Whites playing stock black characters — usually offensive stereotypes meant to demean — rubbed coal, grease or shoe polish on their faces. Blackface performances are not common in Australia.

Public reaction to the "Hey Hey" performance in online forums was mixed. Some Australians said they were embarrassed such a racist sketch had been broadcast, while others said detractors were too politically correct and that the skit was funny.

Michael Jackson died June 25 at age 50.

At a news conference on other issues Thursday morning, opposition politician Helen Coonan labeled the skit "disgusting."

Host Daryl Somers apologized to Connick at the end of the live show.

"I know that to your countrymen, that's an insult to have a blackface routine like that on the show, so I do apologize to you," Somers said.

Connick said he would not have appeared on the show if he'd known about the skit.

"I just want to say, on behalf of my country, I know it was done humorously, but we've spent so much time trying to not make black people look like buffoons, that when we see something like that we take it really to heart," he told Somers after his apology.

Anand Deva, the frontman of the "Jackson Jive" act, said it was not meant to cause offense but added he would not have performed it in the United States.

"Hey Hey" ran for 27 years starting in 1971. The "Jackson Jive" group first appeared on the show 20 years ago and were invited back to reprise their roles during the second of two reunion shows for the once-popular program.

#783 ·
Just like i know they would, South Park's season premiere was about all the celebs who died this summer and how their spirits were in limbo. The only way they could move on was if Michael Jackson was ready. So he jumped into a little boy's body, pretended to be a little girl and competed in a toddler pagaent. :lol:

#788 ·
Damn, you gotta to hand it to him, i believe he would of pulled off the concerts by the ''this is it'' movie

the film has not been biased or sugarised, its mj in his raw talented state

His voice sounds like a bell ringing in glacier in some of the songs

what a fucking talent man, damn shame

legend.

#789 ·
Father Of Jackson Accuser Found Dead Of Apparent SuicideBy ANDREW RAMOS wpix.com

2:58 PM EST, November 17, 2009

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WPIX) - The father of a boy who accused Michael Jackson of molesting him 15 years ago was found dead of an apparent suicide, Jersey City Police confirmed to PIX News.

According to authorities, the body of Evan Chandler was discovered in his Jersey City residence at about 5:35 p.m. on Nov. 5 after he went missing.

Chandler, who was being treated for an unknown illness, missed an appointment with his doctor which prompted concern, Jersey City spokesperson Stan Eason said.

After several failed attempts to get in touch with his patient, the doctor, who was not immediately identified, called the building's concierge to check on Chandler.

The concierge later discovered the victim's lifeless body inside the apartment at the Liberty Towers located on Hudson Street, Eason said.

Police say Chandler suffered a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head. Authorities are treating the case as a suicide.

It was back in 1994, when Chander's then-12-year-old son Jordy Chandler accused Jackson of molesting him on several occasions between 1991 and 1994. The father and son went after the King of Pop in court and later settled the case for a reported $20 million.

In 2006, Jordan Chandler filed a request for a restraining order against his father after he allegedly struck Jordan over the head from behind with a twelve and a half pound weight.

In the wake of Jackson's untimely death in June 2009, an internet rumor surfaced that claimed Jordan Chandler confessed to lying to police about being molested by Jackson. Jordan was coached by his father to tell the outlandish story in a scheme to get millions, the report claimed. An investigation later determined no such confession took place.

#791 ·
Bilbo , did you read the short text michael wrote in 2005 while he was at his lower , "The innocent Man" ..? actually this rough draft was found in a michael's room randomly and put into auction days ago...

GOD this text devastated me , so so so SAD , i have never read something so sad in my life , you can feel how hurt michael was

..i dont know if you can find it and post it ..

#802 ·
Dramatization of Bilbo's reaction to the news:

Reactions: buddyholly
#803 ·
Conrad Murray Plans to Surrender Tomorrow

TMZ has learned Dr. Conrad Murray is in L.A. and plans to surrender tomorrow morning in an L.A. courtroom in connection with Michael Jackson's death ... sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, the Los Angeles County District Attorney will charge Dr. Murray with involuntary manslaughter as early as this week. Based on Murray's plan to surrender, the charges would have to be filed before the court appearance.

What is unclear -- Will Dr. Murray surrender or will the LAPD arrest him and take him into custody?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0eQ7A5fuX

#810 ·
conrad murray isn't the only person who should be on trial; honestly this half-hearted attempt at appeasement is more insulting than a real display of the actual disdain the californian authorities have for MJ's death.

anyway:
http://www.michaeljackzone.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=497:j-batten-slams-gene-simmons-accusations&catid=36:micheal-jackson&Itemid=62

J. Batten slams Gene Simmons Accusations

Michael Jackson's former tour guitarist has slammed Gene Simmons' recent allegations against the King of Pop. In an interview earlier this month, Simmons told Classic Rock that a musician friend had quit a Michael Jackson tour after 'seeing boys coming out of the hotel rooms'.

But Jennifer Batten, who accompanied Jackson on all three of his world tours, says the allegations are untrue and that nobody ever left a Jackson tour after it hit the road.

Jennifer Batten performing with Michael Jackson on the Bad tour from September 12, 1987 to January 27, 1989. She said: "Number one, there's no truth to it. Number two, I would guess that it was somebody who got fired. Somebody who was embarrassed that they got fired and so they made up a story." Batten added that only two musicians were ever fired and they were let go 'like a week before we took out on the road', meaning that they couldn't have witnessed anything going on inside hotels.

The guitarist also blasted the media for widely publishing inaccurate stories, saying that after Jacksons death, "They were respectful for about two or three hours and then they turned it into a tabloid festival... It's all about money now, not about truth. People can be very cold." Look out for Charles Thomson's full interview with Jennifer Batten on Sawf News next week....

#822 ·
sorry that's me using an oblique refeerence - the key part was the last paragraph:

after Jacksons death, "They were respectful for about two or three hours and then they turned it into a tabloid festival... It's all about money now, not about truth. People can be very cold."

miss you mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.