Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Chat Thread: Part 2

32K views 338 replies 10 participants last post by  Mimi 
#1 ·
The first post is dedicated to Lalitha, the starter of the original chat thread and has been missing from MTF for a long time. Hopefully she has a very busy real life and enjoying every minutes.

#44 ·
Soldering is not the one which can thraten Roger, especially in final, thats why I said Roger was sure win :sad:

#45 ·
Hello everyone, I am new here. :wavey:

Pete is my first tennis idol.

Yesterday was disaster. Someone equaled my Pete's record and it is the person who beated Pete in Wimbledon 2001. I still can remember how sad I was on that day when I was 17. :sad:

I know the record will be broken sooner or later, but I do not expect it's coming so soon. The record should stay at least 10 years!!!

I hate people saying he is greater than Pete. No Way!:sobbing::bigcry::fiery:

I never like Federer, yes because all the record and sccessor stuff and also he beated Pete in 2001, after 2001 I never watched Pete's games in Wimbledon centre court. (He had bad 2002 Wimbledon.) My favourite player and my favourite tournament, all was gone from that day. It really hurt and it is because Roger Federer. Now he equaled Pete's record in French Open.... heartbroken again.:bigcry:

Sorry, I am too emotional. I really need to talk to someone. Hope Pete can talk to me and said:"Grow up, girl. You are not 17 years old." But I doubt I will feel better!? :sad:

#48 ·
no need to say sorry, I understand how you feel:hug::smooch:, even i am more older than you, i feel terrible too, i even complained to my old mum so many times about pete's records being broken (she likes Pete too) that she thinks i am crazy, she said "are you crazy, this is just tennis, what do you want, a win is a win, you wanted to steal that trophy from Roger?" .. even pete doesn't care that much as you, you are so foolish"!:p, one day, may be someone comes out and break roger's records ;), life goes on, pete does not know who you are, you are stupid ......" i feel better now:p

#47 ·
hi redbery :D

nice to meet you. Don't feel too sad, life goes on, and you are not silly at all, i am much older than you, and i was sad too, but time cures all pains, today, i feel better, may be Pete is not sad at all about his records being broken ;)?: one day, some one may break roger's records too ;)

even though Roger has better achievements than pete now, but it doesn't matter, he is always no.1 in our heart:smooch:

Reactions: Elena.
#50 ·
by the way, there is something which I really admire Nole, he is always gracious on defeats and his talent on languages stunned me, he seems to know English/German/Italian/Serbian? language talent just like Roger :worship:
Don't feel like to response in GM :p

Novak trained in Germany before he turned pro. That's why he understands German but he doesn't speak fluently and so not publicly. His girlfriend finished university in Italy, probably that's why he's fluent in Italian. But yes, he's very talented in languages.

#51 ·
yup, even i have learnt Englishf for ages, and French for a few years, still failing to understand what the actors/actresses speak in movies without sub-titles :eek:, my only talent is eating :eek::p

its unbelievable that he is still with his girl friend for so many years, even he is now so successful and seems they are not always seeing each other i.e. one in Germany training and one in Italy studying, he is so loyal with his girl friend, Jelena is a lucky girl :p

#52 ·
It's different listening to English on movie than talking in English. And you need to force yourself to not watching subtitles. When I was working in Hong Kong, an insurance company owned by Hong Kong Bank, my boss was English, the general manager was Aussie and the assistant GM was Kiwi. :rolls: Most of the time, I had absolutely no idea what they were talking during meetings. :eek: Considered myself lucky there was no Scotts. :lol:

Novak and Jelena are living in Monte Carlo together now. Jelena graduated and is working in Monte Carlo. Although Novak travels around the world most of the time. Jelena is not a tennis groupie and she's a very smart girl, has a career herself. She usually joins Novak on weekends if he's playing in Europe.

#53 ·
I think writing English is easiest while listening is the most difficult:eek:

yup Scott is very difficult to understand, many years ago, i went to Scotland with my friend, her boss showed us around for one day, i could hardly understand what he said :confused::eek:

its good that Novak lives with Jelena instead of his crazy dad :p

#54 · (Edited)
:fiery: pete is foolish to come to wimby to see his records being broken, i never understand this "graciousness" , and he should support Roddick, who is from usa instead, why why poor Roddick has no lucks at all, should he converted any one of the 4 sets points in second set, may be he could win, but now :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

#55 ·
All the credits and respect to Roddick. He was really really amazing yesterday. :worship:

I like Roddick's speech after the match: "Pete, I tried to hold him, I really tried." As a Pete's fan, it was really nice to hear that.

I understand he really tried to win a slam or win a match for himself against Federer, not really tried to hold the recorde for Pete. :p

But anyway, I like Roddick from this match. He did give all he can and performed unbelievable great.

He deserved the win and hope he can win another slam another day soon.

#56 ·
I think the same, and I don't know if Pete has comforted poor Roddick, if he did not, than I would be very angry about him :mad:

#57 ·
I don`t understand, but Pete was supporting Roger yesterday, not his compatriot Andy Roddick :rolleyes::eek: When Federer lost the most important points in the first and the fourth set, he was sad... Sampras really wanted to see Roger breaking his record :eek:

But Pete and Bridgette looked great and still young ;)

Yes, you are right, Roddick was unbelievable yesterday, it was his best performance ever, he deserved to win Wimbledon.

#58 ·
i don't understand too, i am not as "gracious" as him, i have to admit, i would be a bitter and jealous player if i play tennis, how could I be friendly with my opponents, and how would I feel happy if someone broke my records? :rolleyes:

and who to pay the air ticket charges for Pete, he to pay himself of Roger to pay him? foolish pete :rolleyes: FOOLISH FOOLISH, WANTED TO WITNESS YOUR RECORDS BEING BROKEN, ARE YOU GETTING OLD AND LOST YOUR MIND ?:banghead::fiery:, whats more, poor Roddick has only one slam, and roger had 14, he did not support the underdog? :banghead:

#59 ·
if i were Roddick, i will give pete a kick on his belly :mad:

#60 ·
Pete`s behaviour yesterday was... I have no words to describe it. I know he appeared there for Roger, but Roddick is his compatriot :) He should support Andy, but in my opinion everything was prepared for Roger unfortunately (including Pete and his happy or sad face):eek:

#61 ·
his behaviour yesterday made me like him a bit less, may be Pete is a glory hunter himself so he likes Roger to win more, and look down on poor Roddick :rolleyes::mad:

#63 ·
Pete is a great guy, but he usually exeggerates talking about Roger. As you said before, he is too gracious ;)
there is no denial that Roger is a great champion, but Pete is not far away from him, why to priase him like he is god and put yourself down :rolleyes:

are you in Summar holidays? :wavey:

#64 ·
Yes, Roger is a great champion, he is unbelievable player, but Pete is still great (in my heart he will be the best tennis player ever - always!!!). Pete will be the greatest for me despite Roger will have 18 or even 20 Slams. It doesn`t matter for me. I have a big respect for the Swiss and his achievements, but Pete is Pete.

I think Sampras was playing in the toughest 90s era with wonderful champions like Agassi, Becker, Edberg, Lendl, Ivanisevic, Rafter, Courier, Chang, Krajicek, Kafelnikov... Roger has only Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and maybe Roddick. It`s not the same. He is a legend, but he is also very lucky winning every Slams.

I`m staying at home, but my summer holidays began three days ago when I passed all my exams :)

#65 ·
Yes, Roger is a great champion, he is unbelievable player, but Pete is still great (in my heart he will be the best tennis player ever - always!!!). Pete will be the greatest for me despite Roger will have 18 or even 20 Slams. It doesn`t matte for me. I have a big respect for the Swiss and his achievements, but Pete is Pete.

I think Sampras was playing in the toughest 90s era with wonderful champions like Agassi, Becker, Edberg, Lendl, Ivanisevic, Rafter, Courier, Chang, Krajicek, Kafelnikov... Roger has only Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and maybe Roddick. It`s not the same. He is a legend, but he is also very lucky winning every Slams.

I`m staying at home, but my summer holidays began three days ago when I passed all my exams :)
:yippee::hug: great passed all your exams, I wish you are going to get good results, are you planning to travel? i used to travel once every year, but may be i am getting aging, i did not travel last year, and this year, at first i was planning to go to Switzerland, but i am getting lazy and don't have strong will to travel, may be I will stay at home and watch us open since i have coverage this year? but due to time difference, i don't think i can watch too much :mad:

#66 ·
he definitely will have at least 19, us open this year and you know, our pete who is less injury free and physically fresh as Roger, still won a slam at 31 and roger is ony 28 this year, presumably that he at least won 1 slam for the next three years, there will be 19 :help::banghead:, why why why , Roddick, Nole, Murray all are so useless in winning slams :help::banghead:

#70 ·
I am like Serena, i prefer winning slams than being no.1, i don't mind if rafa stays at no.2 coz he already reached number 1 before :p

yup, i will give some special gift to roger when i could meet him, i will give him rafa and pete's posters to sign, lol :p:devil:

#73 · (Edited)
And one more thing. I like serv and volley tennis, offensive tennis like Pete presented throughout the years and Roger is too passive for me on the baseline. Yesterday Roddick was offensive and really better player, but he finally lost.

Of course Federer sometimes plays beautiful tennis, has magic shots, but he is too defensive and that`s why I don`t like it.

Do you remember mimi Sampras vs Federer match from Wimbledon 2001? Federer was Pete`s copy, grat server, great volleyer, but now? Maybe he is more effective now, he changed his game and won many Slams, but you know he is so different than in the past.

#74 ·
yes i like attacking tennis more like you :wavey: yes, may be roger thinks playing at baseline is more safe?

#75 ·
I think he understood that we have a new and different decade of tennis :)And better for him is staying on the baseline than going to the net after every serve. Between 2001 to (June) 2003 he didn`t win any Slam when he was a strong volleyer. He changed his tennis and I think it helped him.

#76 ·
thats why I like to watch Haas, he is from old school, sadly his head is his biggest problem :p

#78 ·
his body and his head failed him, i still remember how he beat Pete when he was getting older :eek:

by the way, your country women (sorry i never can spell their names) two sisters? are doing well in wimby
:angel:

#79 ·
:bigwave: bye Greg and redbury, am about to leave office, go swimming a bit, i am getting very fat :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.