Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Chat Thread: Part 2

32K views 338 replies 10 participants last post by  Mimi 
#1 ·
The first post is dedicated to Lalitha, the starter of the original chat thread and has been missing from MTF for a long time. Hopefully she has a very busy real life and enjoying every minutes.

#2 ·
oh yes, I miss her, along with angiel, Evelyn, Marine etc :angel:

#4 ·
I see, its good to know that she is still posting sometimes, I hope angiel is all right, I am a bit worrying about her :wavey:

#6 ·
hopefully angiel has a job to work on now, since the economic conditions are so bad now, some of my old colleagues are jobless now :sad:

i just asked my computer man to un-ban me from MTF last Monday, but he said should the virus come back, he will ban me from MTF again, so I just pray that this virus was gone forever :angel:

#7 ·
its Summar already, very hot, with 30 degree celcius, out for lunch, see you later :)

#8 · (Edited)
Hi people :) How are you?

I was very surprised watching Roger`s win against Rafa in Madrid final, but I think Rafa will be ready to defend his title in Paris. He has got one free week to rest. However he shouldn`t forget about plannig his tournaments, he and his uncle are very stupid sometimes. Why did he play four tournaments in a row (Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Madrid)???:mad: It improves only the possibility of another injuries:rolleyes: I hope his game will be in top level against Djokovic and Roger at Roland Garros :)

#12 ·
Barcelona is Nadal's favourite tournament (his hometown Mallorca is an island off the coast of Barcelona, thus, that's like the home tournament for him) and Madrid is the biggest tournament in Spain, so he's under the pressure to play there. He had a W/O both in Barcelona and Madrid so it's not really that tiring. It's only because he and Djokovic had a very long battle in SF that cost him the title in Madrid. He has a whole week to recover and with Slam, he has dayoff every other day so it's really no big deal.

I`m fine. In the first half of June I should be free and finally have holidays (two-three hard weeks including exams):)

Lukasz Kubot reached final in Serbia (lost to Djokovic 3:6,6:7), he was LL, but showed very solid tennis. Now he is playing in FO qualies and beat his first opponent.
I watched the final and was very impressed with Kubot. If he stays consistent, he will jump up the ranking of ATP real fast. Good luck in RG for him.

#9 ·
hi greg :D

pfff, you are right, this uncile toni and rafa are so foolish, they should either skip Barcelona or Madrid, now he is injured and may not be able to defend his FO title :rolleyes:. I guess either Roger or Nole may win, and our poor Pete's records will go :rolleyes::mad:

by the way, how is Univrrsity and life? your fellow tennis player (sorry i never can remember their names :eek:) was playing well in Serbia, how is he doing now? :wavey:

#10 ·
I`m fine. In the first half of June I should be free and finally have holidays (two-three hard weeks including exams):)

Lukasz Kubot reached final in Serbia (lost to Djokovic 3:6,6:7), he was LL, but showed very solid tennis. Now he is playing in FO qualies and beat his first opponent.

#11 ·
fingers crossed that you are going to get good results on examinations :angel:

thats great, I wish that he can get to the main draw :wavey:

#14 ·
Dear all,

I'm having a real busy life with work. but cant say i'm enjoying it as much though. Happy to have a job in hand !!!

Sad to know that lot of us are not posting much, hope everybody is doing fine :) Though i dont post here, i visit the forum once in a while from my office computer. I will start reading a thread and then end up doing some work and by the time i come back to MTF, the session is always expired!

Thank you Lee, for the dedication of the first post in this thread.
Mimi, I'm supporting Rafa along with you.

Missing you guys a lot. Cant promise that i'll be here frequently.

Lalitha

#17 ·
:woohoo::yippee::hug::smooch::bigclap: oh my god, long time no see, Lalitha

well, some of my friends/old colleagues are jobless, so may we should just be happy with a job :yippee:

sorry that you are so busy, is there any change in the future?

its good that we both support the same players: Rafa and Pete :woohoo:

just drop in when you have time :smooch:

#20 ·
:smooch: hi mimi dear, its so nice to hear from you. and yes, its nice to back on MTF - hope this time i dont go away soon and keep posting for sometime to come.

so how's your work mimi?? do you still have the same boss and other secretaries who are lazy and make you do all the work??.

what's happened to our angiel - what's the news on her - I hope she is doing good and fine. :)

Reactions: Mimi
#19 ·
it seems that every teenager has to go through this "rebellion period", but don't worry, just watch him closely, after a few more years, he will be mature enough to handle all things nicely :hug:

#23 ·
hello Lalitha :D

yes, still the same company, its hard to find another job these years :wavey:, no i don't have much to do now since the boss mostly just approve docs and pass most jobs to her assisant solicitors ;), now mostly do her personal jobs as booking tickets/hotels etc :wavey:

angiel has disappeared for a year, i sent her e mail but she did not reply, hope she is doing well and may come back some day :wavey:

#24 ·
:bigcry::bigcry: rafa was finished, at just 23, he will not win another slam any more, AO 09 was her last slam, with nole and rafa out, Roger is sure to win his first FO and becomes the GOAT, and break Pete's records, bye bye pete and Rafa :bigcry::bigcry:

#27 ·
the king of clay was dead :mad::eek:

#28 ·
better to explain in Chinese, mimi 一向神經質,尤其近年工作壓力大,很少事都令我情緒激動, but actually i always was not a calm person, already jumping up and down as early as the date I watched Pete play:scared:, so i guess i am not suitable for watching my favourites playing coz i may suffer a stroke during the match :help::lol:

#29 ·
mimi, go find a yoga class. or study Zen. I am serious here. I know Hong Kong is a pressure cooker, thus, you need to learn how to relax. Especially I know you don't have much around your family. Learn counting to 10. If still not calm down, count another 10.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

#30 ·
i always wanted to learn Yoga or Tai Chi? :confused: but no time, you know, i used to arrive late after work, I guess swimming may also help, I used to swim in the public swimming pool of my brother's building, but now he has moved to Taikooshing, seems there is still a public swimmign pool:confused:, but it takes 20 mintues of walk just to go there, too far away from home, i guess i have to go to the public swimming pool in Victoria Park from now on (i just went there yesterday) but very crowded :help:, i have to use breast stroke to avoid being kicked by others (see things around more clearly, cannot do so if swimming in free stroke) :lol:

thanks again, I will listen to your advice, try to be more calm and not over-reacting :p

#34 ·
Mimi, dont get disheartened so soon. try that swimming if possible on alternate days, that should allow you to relax and take things easily. also try doing your hobbies at home, spend some half hour on it every day. that should do wonders. :hug: :hug: :hug:

#31 ·
OMG:confused: This Roland Garros is horrible and unpredictable. Djokovic lost, Rafa lost, so Roger should win the title and equal Pete`s record:eek::rolleyes::sad:

I hope maybe Monfils, Del Potro and Murray are able to defeat him ;) Roger was in danger yesterday against Haas and he is really beatable. That`s for sure.

#32 ·
:bigcry::sobbing::tears::hysteric::crying2: no Greg, Roger is sure win, even though he struggled a bit, but he still won and this matters, i think its the same for the remaining matches, now he for sure is greater than Pete with the FO title :sad:

Nole and Rafa were playing too much pre-RG tourneys, mentally and physically tired, while Roger is more fresh, he only played 3 tourneys and lost before finals in two of them :wavey:

#40 ·
Greg: lets prepare in advance, pete's records will for soon be gone, the bitter old crying mimi blamed: rafa+novak+(choking Acausco+Haas+Monfils+Del Potro):mad::sad:

let think it in a better way, if not for rafa, roger should already have won the calender slam and broke pete's records, rafa has already delayed his victory for 4 years, and he has been in finals for 3 years, may be he really deservres the victory:angel:

pete will always be no.1 in our heart:angel:

#42 ·
my dear Greg, i feel the same too, but life goes on, and after all, Roger really has better achievements on clay than Pete, we have to give him credit:wavey:

i just wish Soldering can manage to win a few games and not a completel blow-out, roger is sure win when he gets to the final, we all know this, of the 5 slams final lost, he only lost to nadal, he is not afraid of Soldering, especially he has 9:0 head to head leading, if your heart cannot take this, better not to watch the match and the internet for a week:hug::hug:

p.s. all the good signs are showing for Roger, agassi is going to give him the trophy, he won at the "old" age of 29, while Roger at almost 28, AGassi of course wanted Roger to win, coz he wants Pete's records to be erased:rolleyes:

feel better soon:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.