Mens Tennis Forums banner

Poland F4 (15th May) - 15.000$ (yup Nathii works there)

3K views 76 replies 16 participants last post by  joeb_uk 
#1 · (Edited)
Katowice, 15.000$ clay

1 KOELLERER, Daniel AUT 165
2 SNOBEL, Pavel CZE 210 1
3 GIL, Frederico POR 246 1
4 CHADAJ, Adam POL 265 1
5 NAVRATIL, Michal CZE 284 1
6 RYDERSTEDT, Michael SWE 335 1
7 SCHERRER, Jean-Claude SUI 356 1
8 ZITKO, Radim CZE 360 1
9 KLOER, Sascha GER 391 1
10 AUDOUY, Xavier FRA 439 1
11 DUREK, Raphael AUS 440 1
12 URBAN, Filip POL 448 1
13 KADIR, Sadik AUS 500 1
14 $ KALLIAS, Fotos CYP 529 1
15 GODLEWSKI, Robert POL 531 1
16 MAYER-TISCHER, Peter GER 534 1
17 PUJO, Xavier FRA 568 1
18 $ EBRAHIMZADEH, Benjamin GER 589 1

Alternates

19 DILAJ, Maciej POL 591 1
20 KLEIN, Tobias GER 600 1
21 JEANPIERRE, Julien FRA 663 1
22 NIJAKI, Radoslav POL 714 1
23 TAVARES, Leonardo POR 754 1
24 TRISKA, Karel CZE 760 1
25 LOJDA, Dusan CZE 761 2
26 MIRON, Marcel-Ioan ROM 777= 1
27 $ DABROWSKI, Bartlomiej POL 790
28 MELSKENS, Jacob DEN 816 2
29 ZARSKI, Jedrzej POL 818 1
30 MIDDELKOOP, Matwe NED 821 1
31 LUSTIG, Daniel CZE 869 2
32 POLASEK, Filip SVK 882= 2
33 $ SCHALKERS, Rick NED 902 2
34 SEMJAN, Marek SVK 926 1
35 GUALDI, Marco ITA 957= 5
36 DEDEN, Kevin GER 976= 1
37 $ SABECKIS, Gvidas LTU 1018= 3
38 SKOLOUDIK, Jiri CZE 1049= 2
39 GRUNES, Christian GER 1079= 1
40 THOMSON, Clinton AUS 1088= 2
41 $ SUBOTA, Jan CZE 1129= 3
42 VARSANYI, Michal SVK 1148= 4
43 STEINBERGER, Bertram AUT 1148= 3
44 PANFIL, Grzegorz POL 1148= 1
45 NIJAKI, Jakub POL 1215= 1
46 DROUET, Thomas MON 1258= 1
47 NAVRATIL, Miloslav CZE 1309= 1
48 STOJAN, David SUI 1356= 3
49 CHVAPIL, Ondrej CZE 1356= 2
50 SUNDSTEN, Frederick NOR 1356= 2

See less See more
#27 ·
Yes, and the press office is :drool: :lol:

Scores from today, as they are already known and I actually have a chance to post them from here:

Sascha Kloer (GER/ 392 ATP) def. Sami Huurinainen (FIN, Q) 6-3 6-3
Tuomo Ojala (FIN, Q) def. Marek Pokrywka (POL, Q) 6-7(6) 6-3 7-5
Kevin Deden (GER, Q / 975 ATP) def. Kacper Owsian (POL, WC) 6-1 6-3
Robert Godlewski (POL/ 532 ATP) def. Andrzej Grusiecki (POL, Q) 6-1 6-1

My comments: I think it's not fair that between Finns, Ojala was the winning one - and he continues keeping the role of Master of Unranked Poles. Pokrywka isn't bad, he's a hard-hitter from Wrocław, but it isn't the first time he loses to a Scandinavian in three sets (l. to Hartman in Wrocław challenger quallies last year). Kevin Deden keeps on his destroyer's job and if he's going to meet Ryderstedt in the second round, the score can be debatable (oh, the Swede first must defeat best player of quallies - Kowalczyk. However, Kowalczyk has something wrong with his arm - maybe it's only fatigue... and has seriously something with his brain when leads high). Andrzej Grusiecki after winning the last quallies match shouted to people: "Go to church and pray!". In fact, he shouted towards a group of main draw Polish players to pray to draw him, to defeat him and gain a point. Godlewski, last year coached by a Finn, didn't miss his chance.

PS. Koellerer and Scherrer won the doubles match :angel: At least it's official, tomorrow I'll be on the courts again :p

#28 · (Edited)
Yes, I was also disappointed with the draw that Huurinainen got the good opponent and not Ojala. But nice to see that Ojala won, now Finland had 14 ranked players, but T.Ketola ,J.Ojala, M.Purho, J.Barkov will all lose their points soon.
Sami Huurinainen had a big chance last year in Finland, but he lost to Mika Purho!!! in the first round. :retard:

Sascha Kloer is at least a solid player with good footwork, he already hammered Paukku this year. As I said in some threads before, Kloer's dispute with Maximilian Abel last year was maybe the best tennis comedy I have seen, when Abel played on the court next to Kloer's and told Kloer to shut up.

#29 ·
Mika Purho hehe never heard of.

In case you're interested in some offcourt. Well, I haven't really spoken with these Finnish guys (I'm harrased by all the VIPs and hell knows who else :scared: ) but a hostess came to me and suddenly started confessing she's in love with Ojala but the second one (Huurinainen) is very cool too. So I guess guys are nice at least :lol:

#30 ·
I think it's about time to make a last post about Kukal. I can't imagine that he will ever be on an entry list again. But of course in 3 weeks there is a challenger in Slovakia... :tape:
I could go again on Sunday, maybe I should make a picture of him. The reason why I went there was that they have Niklas Bucht (and George Bastl) on their players list, but both didn't play and I got to see Kukal instead. :eek:
Here is a link of the tie, it was probably the top game of the season :tape:
http://htv.liga.nu/cgi-bin/WebObjec...rt?meeting=217038&championship=Landesebene+06

And I forgot to say two important things:
1. They had no umpires!
2. There was a match (obviously a lower league, I think the c-team of the home team), in which one player answered his mobile phone during the 5 minute warm up and the other player had to wait about 3 minutes.

#33 ·
Hi, I'm at pressy.

Dani had a match scheduled for 10 a.m. During the first game (40-40 Kadir's serve) Daniel got angry for an unknown reason and digged over the court with his feet and his racquet, then he announced to the umpire he couldn't play on such a court. The supervisor came and they agreed on rolling the court, so the match is postponed.

Press office has two computers. Players lounge has more I believe. But I am sitting here at one and posting for ya, while Daniel came and took the second and he's playing a computer game. Wow I am a nicer company than the players :angel:

#37 ·
Mikki won 6-2 7-6(3) the match was REALLY good because this guy from Poland is a big talent !!! both played well, long rallies... interesting... good points... I think Koellerer and Ryderstedt are best players from the ones I've seen here so far (one more time I admit Kowalczyk is surprisingly good too :eek: )

Chadaj def. Urban in 3 sets

now I wanna see Panfil vs Snobel... I'll report from matches to ya later.

#39 ·
Ehh... he didn't impress me today, really. I mean yeah he's winning, but it's not the tennis that people would love to watch, he's just playing one ball more than the opponent. I don't say he will lose to Ryderstedt, but Ryderstedt has far more interesting game with a variety of shots and solutions. This Romanian guy who played Gil made a better impression on me... Good winners. I guess later he got inconsistent, so he lost, but I left for Koellerer.

And guess with whom I had a dinner today :angel: and we chatted :crazy: Looks like we're friends again after I told him he couldn't use computers at the press office and he answered: "I don't think you're the right person to tell me about it". I said I worked there, and we didn't talk later :lol: Until now :p

#40 ·
Re: Poland F4 (15th May) - 15.000$

Nathaliia said:
Hi, I'm at the net cafe at the railway station, coming back home :scared: Yes I do have a press pass and I'm helping at the office :angel: though coming back on Thursday :p But when I only think of next two days at uni :scared:

Daniel is really nice I even think he likes me :eek: I was his translator today and I was taking pictures, which he liked :lol: Well he indeed behaves like a weirdo oncourt, but offcourt he's hmm crazy a bit maybe, but also classy... like he was giving a standing ovation after really good points in the quallies... And he talks to people and he's nice and that dark guy he's with is also nice.

And Mikki didn't even say 'bye' to me when he knew I was leaving :rolleyes: And now I'm really sad :sad:
Press pass at a futures event :eek: They dont even have press passes in england for the 25k challengers :D Surprising.

#41 ·

joeb_uk said:
Press pass at a futures event :eek: They dont even have press passes in england for the 25k challengers :D Surprising.
:lol: One of the weirdest things about my country is this craziness about different kinds of passes :p and VIP things.

Anyways. Snobel def. Panfil 6-4 1-6 6-2
Koniusz def. Durek 6-4 7-5

And last night was crazy... I came to get keys to my BOOKED room and I heard there were no free places because players didn't want to leave as they were supposed and they didn't want to listen some people might have had the hotel booked :p So I slept on a free bed in the room with some nice people. Ridiculous story... crazy as hell :lol:

#42 ·

Nathaliia said:
And last night was crazy... I came to get keys to my BOOKED room and I heard there were no free places because players didn't want to leave as they were supposed and they didn't want to listen some people might have had the hotel booked :p So I slept on a free bed in the room with some nice people. Ridiculous story... crazy as hell :lol:
At least, they were nice people! :)

We are young, if we don't have crazy nights now, we'll never have them...

Enjoy!

:wavey:

#43 ·

Sylvester said:
At least, they were nice people! :)

We are young, if we don't have crazy nights now, we'll never have them...

Enjoy!

:wavey:
The best thing is that they are definitely not famous here of being nice :tape: But it was so gentelman-like behaviour that I'll never say bad things about these people I guess (apart of the fact they turned the light off when I was in the bathroom and said the light was gone in the whole hotel :lol: ). I had a good 8 hours of sleep :worship: and now I'm watching matches :devil: Your fave Gil is winning with Godlewski who's playing a total crap... and Radim Zitko won against Xavier Audouy who was mistaking all the time, and Zitko had a couple of smoking shots on the lines... good match of his. :yeah:

#44 ·

Nathaliia said:
The best thing is that they are definitely not famous here of being nice :tape: But it was so gentelman-like behaviour that I'll never say bad things about these people I guess (apart of the fact they turned the light off when I was in the bathroom and said the light was gone in the whole hotel :lol: ). I had a good 8 hours of sleep :worship: and now I'm watching matches :devil: Your fave Gil is winning with Godlewski who's playing a total crap... and Radim Zitko won against Xavier Audouy who was mistaking all the time, and Zitko had a couple of smoking shots on the lines... good match of his. :yeah:
You have always nice stories to tell! :)

Cool to see Gil winning! :cool:

#47 ·
JMG said:
I hope there is at least good coffee for Ojala when he eats his bagels today. :rolleyes:

btw Koellerer is writing a lot in the tennisweb.at forum from the tournament. He said that all the computers crashed yesterday at 1:30pm. ;)
lol yes he's true :p and yes he's writing a lot out there when he's not playing computer games :p

if he writes something about me - tell me :lol: hopefully not :angel:

as about JC he's injured, he cannot turn the back left or right but it's true Dąbrowski played great!

Gil - Godlewski 1 set both.

Ryderstedt leads 6-3 :angel: he got deconcentrated cos he was winning easily.

#49 ·
JMG said:
He didn't write about you :sad:

What happened to Ojala-Navratil?
Navratil won 6-2 6-3 we think.

Godlewski def. Gil 1-6 7-6 7-6 OMG whhhat a match 3,20 h !!! Godlewski started playing well - good ball placing and strong nerves. Sometimes a smoking winner. Gil was placing ball good, sometimes played a dropshot (I must say he impressed me more than yesterday) the crowd was crazy :p

Ryderstedt def. Deden 6-3 6-3... no much effort :angel: No he'll play Godlewski :eek:

#50 ·
Snobel won in three sets. It was 7-5 in the third.

Crazy Dani leads 6-0 and gets crazy about the court :lol: JMG, does he mention the court in his reports? :p Did he write about his loss to a fat girl in a table game (I really don't know how this game should be called in English... people say he went totally mad when he lost)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.