Mens Tennis Forums banner

HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

112K views 2K replies 180 participants last post by  Spectator75 
#1 ·
I love the books, and wondered whether anyone was watching the HBO series.

#400 ·
#401 · (Edited)
I was so disgusted. Hope Arya adds 2 names to her list, Walder Frey and Sir Bolton.

Was rooting for the Starks, now that they are gone I'm on the Dragon side, let's go Daenerys. Stannis doesn't count, don't like he's personality, too much of a weirdo. Plus, I don't like the Red sorceress.

Does George Martin have anything against the Starks? First Ned dies, then Winterfel is destroyed, then Rob and Catelyn die. All this while the main Lannisters are all alive, Casterly Rock is standing just fine. It seems it is the Starks that are taking all the beatings. Meanwhile the King Slayer safely makes it back to King's Landing. At least kill a fucking Lannister.

#402 ·
Ya kill the king, kill the lannister that will hurt the most, kill the sick in his head king and let them pay.

Dany kick their asses and marry John snow pls!!!!

#404 ·
:sad: hope ur right

G.martin hate the starks

#406 ·
George martin should let Bran live, he is my last hope :sad:

#410 ·
Arya? another sad story

#412 ·
:yeah: They will! :D

#413 ·
Shit will hit the fan (literally :devil:) for the red lions in the next few seasons.

I think Jaime is the only one (maybe Tommen idk) who doesn't really have major issues from now on.

#414 ·
Started rewatching season 1 and I advise everyone to do so. You pick up on so many things that you didn't when you saw it the first time. And there's lots of little connections between seasons 2 and 3 and season 1. For example that straw thingy Catelyn was doing because of her daughters and that Rob's wife asked her about. She was doing one when Bran was in coma. Stuff like that.
It's also good to revive the hatred for the Kingslayer. Everyone seems to like him or tolerate him now just becuase of the Brianne thingy. Don't forget he pushed Bran, hired a criminal to kill him,....

Am sacred of watching Ned being decapitated again. :scared: :sad:

#416 ·
Don't forget he pushed Bran, hired a criminal to kill him,....
He didn't hire anyone to kill Bran. Joffrey overheard Robert saying how it was a shame that Bran was going to be a cripple for life and the kind thing to do would be to put him out of his misery. Despite how much of an asshole Robert was, Joffrey had this hyper desire to please him, so he hired the assassin to kill Bran. Somehow, he thought it would make his dad proud of him :rolleyes:

Weak finale tonight.

#419 ·
Also - sorry about multiple posts... But I was just thinking of something regarding the direwolves and how they mirror or even predict the Stark children's fates. I assume this is no groundbreaking theory but anyway :D

The first of the Stark children to lose her wolf is Sansa... And from that moment on, Sansa almost seems to have no Stark left in her. She is basically only a victim. I think it is very significant that her father kills the wolf himself. Ned does not realize it, but I think his killing Sansa's wolf prefigures the fact that he's leading her into a trap: marrying her off to the monster that is Joffrey, and leaving her completely helpless in the middle of the Lannisters.

Arya also loses her wolf very early, and yet she remains a Stark (maybe because the wolf lives on)... But like her wolf, she is a little lost and a little too wild. She may still be a Stark, but she seems to be a lost Stark.

Robb's wolf is very closely associated to him, and, especially in the book, you feel that he's doomed when he begins to stop trusting Grey Wind's instincts. I thought it was a shame that they did not show this in the series... Maybe they were afraid of spoiling the surprise. But in the book, I think his wife is afraid of Grey Wind. From the moment he marries this girl, he is doomed, and that is shown partly in the way she leads him away from trusting his direwolf. Grey Wind feels the danger as they arrive at the Frey's, but Robb does not listen to him and accepts to be parted from him. This leads them both to their deaths and the gruesome "reuniting" of their bodies by their enemies...

Bran is very different: he is pretty much always in tune with his wolf. He develops his "warg" abilities before the others, and he never ceases to be one with Summer. And I also have the feeling that Bran never ceases to be a Stark. He may be searching for his path, but he's not lost. He knows he has to go and look for an answer, and he follows his instincts.

I don't really know about Jon and Ghost... Certainly there is a long while when Ghost is away, and that coincides with Jon being a bit lost, too, as he has to deal with conflicted feelings while pretending to be a wildling but falling in love with Ygritte for real. But I did not pay enough attention to Jon's case.

As for Rickon, we hardly see him and his wolf... Maybe later.

#423 ·
I am very disappointed from the last episode, perhaps because episode 9 was the peak of the season and from that u can only go down or episode was really weak

#430 ·
He look so weak and changed his mind constantly

#434 ·
So what happened if Jeffrey's brothers died, he doesn't have kids and Stannis is killed?

#436 ·
How about John snow or bran?

What can I say I love the stark....

#438 ·
I didn't read the books, did u? That's why u say it?

#440 ·
Just tell me, is there any possible way John snow and Daenerys Targaryen will rule kings landing?

#443 ·
But John is part if the night watch, if the king say he is letting him go from the watch, will he? Is that possible?

#460 ·
I don't trust George, after what he did to Ned start (I'm not over ur) I don't trust this lannister

#462 ·
Why not a lannister?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.