Mens Tennis Forums banner

Changing of the guard Sunday

6K views 105 replies 42 participants last post by  sk1001 
#1 ·
Federer to beat Nadal - $1.70 (big play)

gl freaks

#50 ·
Last time Nadal beat Federer in hardcourt - 3 years ago

Last time Nadal beat Federer in hardcourt best of 5 set match - never.

And he played way too passive against Verdasco again, several metres behind baseline, hitting ball often so short, but Verdasco didnt want to come in .I think Fed will punish all these short balls without hesitation .

#51 ·
Like Ryan said, this one is too close to call and the oddsmakers seems to agree. This is likely going to be a nail biter and one where you are likely trading on the 5th set on the winner. But if a gun was pointed to my head, Federer will have another slam to his resume tomorrow - he's had a relatively easy tourney and looks very close to the Federer of old. This is his surface and I see him taking care of business tomorrow against Nadal. I know Nadal is a fighter, but how could you not be drained emotionally and physically after that match? It would be one thing if you were playing Nole, but Federer in my estimation finally may have a set strategy on how to handle Nadal soundly.

Either way - it should be a good one and I look forward to having a long day tomorrow in the livescore thread and then the SB later on in the evening.

#54 ·
Like Ryan said, this one is too close to call and the oddsmakers seems to agree. [...].
How do you figure that? Federer's backodds are 1.66 and Nada's 2.5 (on Betfair). I derive from that Federer's the clear favorite. You might say that;s just pople betting against ach other, but the same holds true or Unibet: Federer 1.60, Nadal 2.34.

This surprises me, I must say. My bet would be that Federer wins the first set and Nadal consequently wraps it up in four.

#67 ·
R Nadal over R Federer @2.50

huge value on Rafa here! Nadal should be fave in this match imho. Hard court h2h 2-3 on Fed's favor,yet 2 matches played in Shanghai at the end of the season. These two won't count as Nadal never really bother to show up in Shanghai(indoors as well). And you can see how close it was in 2005 Miami final. Also I don't rate Roger's matches againt Potro and A Rod that much. Nadal is totally different opponent for him. And I don't buy that Nadal-tired shit either. unless a super Fed turns up,which is not likely against Nadal, this one should hit. GL.

#88 ·
I have Federer Pending outright @ $3.75

GL
L

I admire Federer more as a tennis player, much more attractive game to watch, takes more risks, more class, more style, this has always been my handicapp when these two giants square off, i have a soft spot for Roger as a tennis player, had a saver on rafa anyway but obviously more green on roger.

well done to whoever made a bucketload on wafa.

#94 ·
During the French Open semis of 2005 I bet on Federer to beat Nadal. From that day forth, I vowed never to bet on Federer to beat Nadal again - and I haven't. I either leave the match alone, or I take Nadal.

It was not a tough match to predict. The only thing that made it close was Nadal's fatigue. Federer was lucky to be in the final at all, Berdych should have finished him off. A Nadal at 100% would have finished it off in straights.

G
#90 ·
Yeah I know what you mean Ivan. I hope Federer does get that 14th slam at Wimbledon this year.

Nadal is obviously not the most aesthetically pleasing player to watch but he does get the W's which at the end of the day is all that matters. Got to respect that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.