Mens Tennis Forums banner

Buying a new racquet

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  chowdahead25 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I'm about to buy a new racquet. Before I commit to spending the money, I'd like some opinions on racquets that may suit me and my game moreso than others.

Price is not an issue, I'm willing to spend here.
Im 16 years old, 6'2, 175 pounds.
My serve is my best weapon, so I'm looking for a racquet that has great power and control for serves.
I'd rather have very good control on my groundstrokes than uber power. I don't have much problem generating power.
I hit a single handed forehand, double handed backhand, and am right handed.

Really appreciate all suggestions. Thanks everyone!
:wavey:

#2 ·
you'd probably be best off looking at 'players' rackets, such as the head prestige, wilson k6.1 95, babolat pure or aero storm tour, prince rebel, etc. these are the kind of rackets that enable you to really swing through the ball and give you great control, provided you have the strength and timing to use them

#5 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. Was going to take a look at the Wilson K 6.1 (on sale!!), the Prince Rebel, and Babolat pure, as those were the three I felt fit my paramenters the best. (Ofcourse, with no real knowledge of if I was right or not)

Any more advice/suggestions are welcomed!!

#6 ·
Okay now that I have read things over, I am down to three racquets.

The Babolat Pure Storm
THe Wilson K6.1 (95 in.)
The Prince Rebel

There are a few differant types of the storm and rebel. Which ones are reccomended? I am a beginning-intermediate player. Which suits my game best? Which benefits my serve most?

#7 ·
Also, which string pattern? 16X18 or 18x20?

#9 ·
I really appreciate the advice guys. I think I'm going to go with the pure storm. There are different kinds.
The LTD. GT 2009
Pure storm tour GT 2009
Pure storm tour+ 2009
pure storm gt
pure storm ltd.
pure storm tour
pure storm tour plus
pure storm.

Which should I go with?

#12 ·
Thanks guys. Ill probably place my order within the next few days.

Cheers!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.