Mens Tennis Forums banner

What are you playing? (ps3, 360, pc, Wii U, etc)

6K views 98 replies 31 participants last post by  jasonholder8855 
#1 ·
Thread to know what you have been playing in the last time and your thoughts.

I have recently finished (on ps3) Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider, both great games, a fresh air that both franchises really needed.

The new TR looks like Uncharted series and that is great.

The new DMC was made by a new studio (Ninja Theory) and they changed the ame a lot, in the beginning I was exceptical as most of fans, Dante's design was quite different, combos were different the art style is completely colorful the scenarios are dynamics, etc. but the final result is awesome, one of the best games I have played in ps3.

Im about to start Dishonored from Bethesda, I have played a couple of missions and looks interesing (the story specially).

#40 ·
Yeah its like a spoof Q and A. Its like something from Anchorman.

#44 ·
I just purchased a game called Dead or Alive 5. Hope its good, because the reviews indicate its one of the best fighting games ever.

#52 ·
I've seen that game in stores many times wondering how it was. What is it exactly you do in monster hunters?? Is there actual hunting or just encounters?

#54 ·
There is just something very satisfying about having an old console, hooked up to N old Skool CRT tv and playing the games the way you used t play them

Emulation is great but will never replace the rush of finding a hidden gem in some second hand store, taking it home and playing it old Skool on a real console

#55 ·
I agree 100% with this
I enjoy the options and depth that some games have today, but the simple just being able to jump in without directions or thought process was beautiful back then
and I dig grabbing an old game just for the hell of it because I like the cover and running to go home to try it
something special about old games
NES and SNES in particular are dear to my heart

#60 ·
last of us (have a modded ps3)

great story, graphics are inconsistent (bad one map, amazing in another), gameplay is like a stealthy survival horror if you're into that genre.

A lot of hype for this game but I still think bioshock should get goty over it....until gta 5 comes out.

#64 ·
Mixed feelings about WWDC for apple

The MacBook Air 13 inch with 12! Hour battery life is incredible
Truly a feat of engineering, anyone can shove pc parts in a portable and call it a top spec laptop, but when you can squeeze 12 hours of juice outf one, that is engineering. My friend

Ios 7, happy apple finally copied s,e of androids better ideas
The translucent statuses, niiiiiice
The icons?... Might take getting used to

I'm happy apple has caught up, but kinda strange that my htc one x had every single feature that ios 7 has and I bought it over a year ago. Animated weather, parallax scrolling, the event gallery, proper multitasking, better sharing options, full screen browser,

Still no widgets, still the same ui under the new shiny gloss. Still no way to close all apps with one button in the multitask bar,

Huge improvement over ios 6. Ios 6 was the windows vista of its generation

#67 ·
X-Box One is dead in the water after the PS4 E3 display. definitely buying a ps4 instead of Microsoft alternative, used games allowed, 100 bucks less, and no creepy spying from the company by required webcam and internet connection! cheers

#71 ·
How did you get iOS 7? It gives me no option to upgrade when I go to software update in settings.
Only for developers at the moment. Wouldn't recommend it as they'll be quite a few bugs, but if you can live with that then you might as well go for it as you can always downgrade down assuming you keep backups of iOS6.

Haven't tried this method but apparently it works without being on a developer account:

Ok, about the PS4? It's not really a big step forward, or is it just me?

Maybe I'm just starting to lose interest in gaming a bit, but with the PS2 and PS3 I really had a feeling gaming went to a whole new level, now I'm slightly underwhelmed. Don't know if I'm going to pick it up right away, probably will wait until a few must have games come out on it.

Xbox can go fuck themselves with that trainwreck console.
Give it time I guess. But for the beginning of this next-gen cycle it definitely doesn't feel like a complete new generation compared to the last few jumps, but will only be a matter of time before the difference is huge I'm sure.

#70 ·
Ok, about the PS4? It's not really a big step forward, or is it just me?

Maybe I'm just starting to lose interest in gaming a bit, but with the PS2 and PS3 I really had a feeling gaming went to a whole new level, now I'm slightly underwhelmed. Don't know if I'm going to pick it up right away, probably will wait until a few must have games come out on it.

Xbox can go fuck themselves with that trainwreck console.

#72 ·
Ps4!
Ps4!

Sony welcome back old friend
Microsoft is dead
Long live the king

Sony, you messed up wi the ps3, you got cocky... But I'm glad to have you home baby
Yes your new console looks like a ps2 sliced in half, who cares...

Consider yourself a day one purchase.

Going to sell all my Xbox games now as I might as well make as much money as I can, I'll never buy that piece of shit xboxone. Biggest flop of all time

I'll miss halo
I'll miss forza

But I don't care

I'm just so glad at least one developer tried to make a good console this generation

#74 ·
none of these next generation consoles will ´save´ gaming. Big gaming companies like EA and Activision will need to fall before a rescue mission can even be attempted. Their grip on the games market is so tight that all originality is completely gone. I agree with GSMNadal that there does not seem to be that much progress with the PS4. the X-one is simply following the trends seen over the last couple of years: force players to be online, and pull as much dickmoves squeezing the last penny out of every gamer with DLC. The titles that are coming out on these systems will mostly end in 3, 4, or worse, meaning that all they do is leech on a once succesful series.

Gaming is in a comatose state and is being kept that way by major businesses. The sooner we all stop buying this crap, the sooner it may recover.

#79 ·
This is worth a post, rumours are Microsoft are going to announce all of this today (first to devs):

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.