Mens Tennis Forums banner

TMS Madrid

8K views 54 replies 9 participants last post by  deflori 
#1 ·
Please vote for Alex so that he gets the wildcard for the MS Madrid in www.marca.com

Scroll down to "elige el wild card para el masters de Madrid" and vote for Alex!!!
Right now David Sanchez has more than 50% of the votes and Alex is second with 25%. You can vote as
many times as you want.

Reactions: HybridTheory
#52 ·
:sad:
Alex lost , but I also read in that interview at TMS Madrid website,that he had stomach problems the night before and didn´t sleep well.I could see the 2.set an TV and you could see,that he didn´t move well and he made a lot of unforced errors.But Alex said,that his level of tennis is getting better and that he is able to play,what he did in his last matches.
Alex said,that he asked for a wildcard in St.Petersburg.If he will not get one,he plays the Qualis in Paris Masters.
btw.
Thanks Hybrid Theory for your help. :wavey:

#53 ·
Angelique you beat me to it! I just read about Alex being a father for the 2nd time too... ahhh! How sweet!!

Pobre de Alex, he was not well today but played the first set quite well despite his illness... too bad... a bad day for the Spaniards... mala jornada...

#54 ·
HybridTheory said:
RogiFan, did you see the match?:)
Hola, Hybrid!

Yes, we actually got his match on TV! Alex played a smart match, as he does... nice touch at the net, some great volleying and lovely bhs too! Playing well! Nice to see him win! Last yr I remember they showed him beating Nadal.. so funny that Alex is one of the few Spaniards who can actually beat Rafa... on more than one surface too!

So there, silly people who brush aside our Alex!

We saw him today also but he was looking unwell, pobrecito! Raining in Madrid too... yukky weather for Spain.

#55 ·
Madrid, 19th October 2004 – Interview with Alex Corretja, who lost against Paradorn Srichaphan by 7-6 (5) y 6-3.

Q. How do you feel today?
ALEX CORRETJA: Well, not really well, not really comfortable. I don't know. My stomach was a bit delicate today. I was feeling weak. I wasn't as comfortable as I would like. I wasn't moving fast. I was really feeling weak. My game was worse.
It wasn't a great match. It's a pity.

Q. Mentally, are you still motivated to still be on the world circuit?
AC: If I weren't motivated, I wouldn't be here. My defeat today isn't because of me feeling mentally weak. Today wasn't like that. Sometimes mental aspects have an influence, but not today.
Yesterday my stomach was hurting. Today it was the same. I don't want to give excuses anyway. It's sad, that's true. The first day I was playing well. I was comfortable after a tennis year that hasn't been too good. I wanted to gain confidence, but things are like this. I'll try to end the year as well as possible.

Q. Your impressions about this controversy being created towards the models and all that?
AC: I have no opinion. I just play, and that's enough for me. Don't have time to worry about that.

Q. What are your goals this year?
AC: Well, maybe to enter a tournament next week. I've asked for an invitation in St. Petersburg. That would be great. If not, I would play the qualifying rounds of Paris Bercy maybe. Well, I'm waiting. I'm still waiting.
If I do play Paris, I need time to rest, to make new goals for myself for next year.

Q. What are your goals for next year? This year you've had to play several qualifying rounds. You have had to play them in order to enter the main draw. Are you mentally ready to keep doing this next year? You know, as a good player, what it feels like to be among the Top 10.
AC: Well, I'm still fighting. I'm still trying to find my way, to have more victories, more triumphs, to be more stable in the ranking, and to be able to decide about the tournaments I play in order to be more comfortable with myself and choose the tournaments I play.
I don't know how the year is going to end for me. I have several points to defend. It depends on that. Whether I go to Australia or start in South America, I don't really care about ending in the Top 100 or 110 in the ranking. The main thing is to be motivated, and I am.
I am going for a weak period. I'll try to recover my way with results.

Q. Are you physically fit anyway? That was the impression we got when you played against Ferrer the other day. What do you have to do in order to reach the top again maybe not among the best ones, but to get into the draw without playing qualifying?
AC: I guess the only way I can find it is with time and patience. I cannot change the rhythm of my career and my pace in a week.
But sometimes you have to wait in order to climb in the rankings. I think my level right now is the one I showed last week, for instance. I know I haven't done today what I am capable of doing. I just need to carry on. As long as I'm strong, I'll carry on.
And mentally I'm recovering strength, too, because I've been in tennis many years, and that's something to take into account. But I'm feeling well mentally. My goals are to keep fighting and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.