Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grass grass grass!!! 2012 Halle cheering thread

13K views 175 replies 41 participants last post by  Sunset of Age 
#1 ·
You know? I started this thread last year and Fed didn't play.

But, like Roger. I'd never giveup.

Bring the grass on, bring another grass winning streak until 2014.

This thread is sponsored by the Creepy Justin Bieber Fan (That video was the only thing that made me laugh after the RG loss... And that's a big achievment. I was pretty sad during the whole 3rd set).

The Creepy JB fan is gonne give Roger luck and he's gonna have a good tournament.

Let's move from the dirt, to the beautiful grass!!!

See less See more
1 1
#10 ·
Unfortunately the grass season is so short.
I hope to see Roger on the grad. That in Halle as I remember is quite fast.
But the important is Roger recoveres at his best and does the right choice for his body.
If he needs it I prefere not seeing him.

#15 ·
But the important is Roger recoveres at his best and does the right choice for his body.
If he needs it I prefere not seeing him.
Roger said he would be fitter as in previous years and that he is really looking forward to play in Halle.

As he won't have to play the first round there due to a bye he probably won't play before Wednesday anyway. That allows him to have a few days rest now and maybe travel to Halle on Tuesday to start to practice on the grass.

#16 ·
:sad: :sad: :sad: This is my biggest problem - I didnt LIVE all that glorious moments and for me Roger starts up tp 2010 so I need him to WIN more :angel: :worship:

Roger said he would be fitter as in previous years and that he is really looking forward to play in Halle.

As he won't have to play the first round there due to a bye he probably won't play before Wednesday anyway. That allows him to have a few days rest now and maybe travel to Halle on Tuesday to start to practice on the grass.
OK - I agree. It was what I wrore before Madrid - IMO he needed to make a small tournament to prepare on clay. After he won - OK
I'm not in his body and I can't fell what he has - I only can suppose. And as I know the phisical problem needs a REST I only suppose. I don't know how big it would be and how much days of ret it would need.
Let events speak. We can't know. I obviously hope he playes in Halle. There are so few tournaments on my loved grass.

#18 ·
Roger will sweep it all on Grass this season:cool: I am excited, despite the FO SF debacle. Grass is a different story, especially here in Halle!
Hope Roger is feeling fine and takes the right decision as far as playing this one. If he does, win it Rog :rocker2:

#19 ·
The draw is out.

Federer's route(to the title ;)):
Rd1: Bye
Rd2: Florian Mayer
QF: Raonic/Petzchner
SF: Dolgopolov/ Youzhny
F: Nadal/ Berdych

Some good grass courters in his draw, Halle's draw every year is so strong for a 250 :eek:
Good luck Roger, win it! :rocker2:

#20 ·
Very balanced draw I think for the top 2. Both equally hard with Kohlschreiber / Raonic waiting for #2 and Fed in the quarters.

I'm very confident for the grass season and Fed should be able to win at least 1 tournament on this surface this year, and he will I'm sure. And I'll be even more sure if #1 and #2 have another 6 hour mugathon tomorrow :wavey:

#22 ·
According to tournament director Ralf Weber Roger will arrive in Halle tomorrow :)

I'm surprised about this early arrival as I expected him to go back to Switzerland for a few days.

Maybe he wants to get some practice with Edberg and Stich who will be in Halle tomorrow to play a showmatch with Navratilova and Myskina ;)

#24 ·
I'm happy with the draw.
I know Raonic would be very difficult in grass, it'z very cool Fed faces a Big Server right now.
It's the best training he could have. I hope Fed wins in a difficult match, that owuld give him confidence and an amazing training experience for this clay season.

Halle is a tournament before wimbledon... The big deal is in London, so, keep it up, Rog.

#27 ·
Green grass :hearts: favourite part of the season hope Rogi finds his best form again. Auf gehtz Rogi :rocker2:

#32 ·
Here's another picture of Roger:

According to a message on the homepage of the tournament he said that he is happy that he can play at the Gerry Weber Open again. He would have arrived by great weather and sunshine and hopes that this beautiful weather is going to stay the next days.

By the way, I was in Halle today and the tournament director announced after the legends match of Myskina/Edberg - Navratilova/Stich in an interview that Roger is going to play his first match on Wednesday :)

#34 ·
my only concern is "how is his body ?"

I'm not confident at all for this grass season : hasn't been good since his come back from his break, quite slow, not a good serve, not a good return, as if he was not fit physically. His shots are OK beside that, for instance he hit the ball well against Del Potro.

Pity because his results have been good enough so far but NOW, in next two months, comes the important part of the year.

I have more hopes for the US Open than for Wimbledon actually.

#35 ·
Federer has confirmed to Swiss media he had a hip issue in Madrid and Rome which got better for Paris but he was afraid of overworking it so he may have held back. I think as bad as it is, it can prove good in the end.

At last year's French he peaked, intentionally or not, there and had nothing much left for Wimbey because of niggles. If he can peak for Wimbledon and ride the wave until the end of the Olympics, he might go into the USO as favourite and even #1. Who knows.

I'll wait and see but I am hopeful grass can rejuvenate a healthy Fed's game. I am definitely much more confident than I was in 2010 and in 2011 after seeing his first few matches at SW19.

#41 ·
Federer has confirmed to Swiss media he had a hip issue in Madrid and Rome which got better for Paris but he was afraid of overworking it so he may have held back. I think as bad as it is, it can prove good in the end.

At last year's French he peaked, intentionally or not, there and had nothing much left for Wimbey because of niggles. If he can peak for Wimbledon and ride the wave until the end of the Olympics, he might go into the USO as favourite and even #1. Who knows.
Thanks for the info about the hip issue, I'm very grateful for every news on that topic :yeah: Fed usually hides his issues well but they are very important, esp. on grass, where he needs his best physical condition.

Yes I hope it will be good, and it's good if he managed to not overwork it in RG.

If he's well from now, everything is possible.

He looked sometimes nervous recently, which proves that he's very motivated for weeks to come, which is good.

viruzz said:
Don't forget he had so many GREAT performances this year.
Vs Delpo - Nadal in IW
Vs Murray in Dubai
Vs Berdych - Tipsy in Madrid
Vs Seppi in Rome
I don't rate that high the performances in Madrid and Roma, but until Indian Wells he had great performances including all of his matches against Del Po, especially Rotterdam, Nadal in Indian Wells, Murray in Dubai, Tomic in Australia ...f

#36 ·
Don't forget he had so many GREAT performances this year.
Vs Delpo - Nadal in IW
Vs Murray in Dubai
Vs Berdych - Tipsy in Madrid
Vs Seppi in Rome

So... I actually think he needs consistensy, and, as I said in another thread, every match is in his racquet and not the rival's.

#39 ·
i might add Del Potro @ Rotterdam final and JCF @ Roma.

also, love Fed's Dad. and his whole family :yeah: most classy tennis parents on tour by far. Just had to say it.

#38 ·
:hearts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.