Mens Tennis Forums banner

Borna Coric

178K views 1K replies 71 participants last post by  NDee 
#1 ·
Borna Coric is the best Croatian junior player, he is the youngest player in the top 100 (39), one of the most talented young players in the world so he deserves his own thread.

Tomorrow starts a G1 tournament in Traralgon, Australia.In the first round Borna will play against Stefano Napolitano- #10 on the junior ranking.Napolitano is 1 year and 7 months older than Borna and he is #8 seeded on this tournament.

#125 ·
Not a good draw for Borna at Roland Garros.
R1 vs. Luke Bambridge (GBR) to whom he lost already this year, on clay, 6-3 6-3. If he wins, he'd most probably play #1 seed Luke Saville in R2.

#138 · (Edited)
Borna is back in action. He made a MD of one Futures in Great Britain. Won 0&0 and 4&2. He said he is so pleased the way he played.

Last 3 weeks he trains in London. Before that he was 2 weeks at Rogla.
I spoke with some person know him and that person said his father is lawyer and has (alot of) money. That's good because without that and traning in foreign Academies there is no success.
And there are always solid or good ex pro's trains with him.

#141 ·
Big win today - 6-1, 6-2! Sooo happy with today's result as i played great tennis and got my third ATP World Tour point!

Tomorrow is a huge test against the 1st seed ;)

It's obious Borna trained very good this summer.
There is still no MD on coretennis and itf.First seed should be home favourite Josh Goodall, #208, 11 years older than Borna.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.