Mens Tennis Forums banner

Alex in 2005

17K views 183 replies 25 participants last post by  Carlita 
#1 ·
I realized we didn't have that thread yet and it's about time :D

Alex is on the qualies list for the Australien Open. He needs 4-9 players to withdraw (the number is because of official and unofficial withdrawls) to get a main draw spot.

Then he's also in the alternat list for Buenos Aires 2 weeks later.

Fingers crossed that he gets in the main draw at thos 2 tournaments!

VAMOS ALEX!!! :worship:

Reactions: Björki
#3 ·
I certainly hope Alex makes both lists! George, wherever you are [Happy New Year, btw] -- don't forget my message to Alex if you see him at the Oz Open!

#4 ·
RogiFan88 said:
I certainly hope Alex makes both lists! George, wherever you are [Happy New Year, btw] -- don't forget my message to Alex if you see him at the Oz Open!
I am around and PM me at the Cult and I will definitely give it to him. I hope he makes the main draw and stays away from some of my favourites as well.

#8 ·
Well, i kind of hope he plays the Q and wins all three matches - would be a great preparation for the main draw! I was really impressed by him when he played Paradorn in Madrid - he mad a lot of UE's but he was attacking and wasn't passive as he tends to be!

#10 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
I am around and PM me at the Cult and I will definitely give it to him. I hope he makes the main draw and stays away from some of my favourites as well.
:wavey:

George, check your PM over there!! ;)

#11 ·
Has he confirmed playing in Aussie Open?

#13 ·
Alex will not play AO!!
I have just read the bad notice at Alex´ website.Alex will not play AO because of illness and will retourne at the South-American Tournaments.Maybe it is something with his neck.He had this problem nearly the whole year 2004.I hope he can come back and has not to retire because of injurys like Rios! That would be very sad.

#14 ·
Thanks for the info, Angelique!:sad: Hope he gets better in time for the clay season.

#15 ·
Ouahh!!! Pobre de Alex!! NOO!!!! Hope he'll be better for BsAs then...

#17 ·
A shitty day has just got worse on hearing this news.

#18 ·
:sad: :sad: :sad:

But I think/hope that it's not his neck...
Here's the original text from the website:

*Update* Alex will unfortunately miss the Australian Open due to illness. He will be returning to the circuit during the South American swing.

#24 ·
Some good news, guys!

Alex Corretja jugará el ATP de Viña del Mar

SANTIAGO.- El español Alex Corretja (117° de la ATP) solicitó un wild card para jugar el ATP de Viña del Mar y la organización que preside Alvaro Fillol accedió a su petición en vista de su currículo lleno de éxitos.

Corretja, que cumple 30 años el 11 de abril, ingresó al tenis profesional en 1991, recaudando a la fecha más de 10 millones de dólares en premios. Durante sus 15 años en el circuito, llegó a estar en el segundo lugar del ranking en febrero de 1999, sumando durante toda su trayectoria como profesional 437 victorias con 17 títulos de singles y 13 finales de la misma categoría.

Dentro de sus triunfos, se destacan el Abierto de Roma en 1997, Indian Wells el 2000, Amsterdam el 2001 y Gstaad en 1998, 2000 y 2002. Fue finalista en Hamburgo en 1996 y 1998, Montecarlo en 1997 y Roland Garros en 1998 y el 2001, entre otros torneos.

Durante el año pasado pasó a tercera ronda en Roland Garros y en el Masters Series de Indian Wells, y finalizó su participación en el torneo de Metz donde llegó hasta cuartos de final.

And Jazz said Alex will play qualies in Buenos Aires!!

#25 ·
Here are the news from his website:

Wild Card Entry to Viña del Mar
Alex will travel next week to South America for training and in order to prepare for up-coming tournaments. Also, Alex is confirmed to play in the BELLSOUTH OPEN (Viña del Mar, Chile). The tournament has give him a Wild Card to play in it.

Alex is very happy to play in Viña del Mar and he is very thankful to the tournament and especially to Mr. Alvaro Fillol (tournament's director).

That's great that he got that wildcard :)
VAMOS ALEX!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.