Mens Tennis Forums banner

WTF RR: Djokovic defeats Tsonga 7-6 (4) 6-3

9K views 131 replies 66 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 ·
Nole was bad.

Tsonga was worse.

#55 ·
Tsonga is mentally shot. He was in control of the first set for a while, but let it slip. Once Nole won the tiebreak Jo imploded, and Nole went on to win the 2nd comfortabely.

Tsonga has no confidence atm. Work needs doing with Roger during off season

#57 ·
As I said in the pre-match prediction thread, sadly, it appears the 4 Match point RG loss has mentally broken Mr. Tsonga. He had every opportunity to sail through the first set as Nole looked almost as bad as he did in Cincinnati in the first set vs. Federer where he lost 6-0. But every time Jo had the opportunities he threw them away.

Tsonga's service was inexplicable. What is a guy that can hit 144 mph doing hitting 1st serves at 40-love at 102 or lower? At 40-love, he should be cranking it on first serve, and if he misses, he should crank it again. Not hit 102 and 84. Just awful from him. I could understand it if he was hurting...but it didn't look like it.

Djokovic looked really tight in the first set. He wasn't moving well. He almost fell over on his head after a few serves. Diving unnecessarily, like he was trying to hurt himself. However, he picked it up enough just in time in the tiebreaker though, and Tsonga had no other gear to go to and tightened up.

In the second set Nole was more relaxed and better, while Tsonga seemed to be looking for creative ways to choke his backhand.
I agree with the original post for the most part, though Nole did pick it up and play better after Tsonga gave him almost no choice.

I'm hoping for better quality in the B group.

Respectfully,
masterclass

#84 ·
tsonga outplaying nole .. a good joke.

#86 ·
1st set was better quality, Tsonga had a few chances but Djokovic played well enough on BPs. Then played a solid TB and Tsonga folded after that

2nd set was a disaster

#94 ·
Tsonga's backhand is a disgrace. It was a shame that he lost the first set after spending 12 games being the better player - had his chances but couldn't take them. Predictably, the second set was uncompetitive, dull and boring after Clownga took the court. I was actually relieved when Clownga gave away the match on his serve as it meant that I could finally go home.

#97 ·
Yeah, Djoker was bored to death this year, but Fed bragged about dominating tennis. :worship::eek:
Give Federina brat some cheese; he bites.
It's not Tsonga's fault that he humiliated Federer on grass with no backhand. :rolls:
Fed thought he won the match before the 3rd set. LMAO Djoker has to apologize to lucky Fed.:eek:

#104 ·
Expected tank from Tsonga to prepare for AO.

#110 ·
I think he wished it's a tank.

#106 ·
His career is as good as over IMO. That crushing RG loss really set off a downward spiral.

#107 ·
Apparently, Tsonga needed to buy a weapon to bathe in his unique aura. Audience Applause doesn't count as a weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.