Mens Tennis Forums banner

Carlos Berlocq

22K views 79 replies 27 participants last post by  Dead Net Cord 
#1 ·
I thought I would start a thread for Carlos, the man with the best mullet on tour. Anyone have any info on him?

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
He won two challenger in Italy and made two quarter-final and one semi-final. Very impressive. He is ranked #101 now and likely he will back to top 100. Today he will play doubles final in Stuttgart with Eduardo Schwank against Kas/Petzschner. Good luck to him!

#32 ·
Charly has had a decent 2011 playing exclusively ATP events. His highlight this season is making the 3rd round of Miami for only his second and third ever wins on HC at the ATP level. He's in Rome this week playing the qualifying event to make the MD, and won his R1 match over Haider-Maurer 6-2 6-2. Now he plays Cuevas for a spot in the MD. Hopefully Charly can take it, I like Pablo but Charly needs it a little bit more.

#33 ·
I think he's doing quite well, but I'd like him putting in a little more challengers. Now he is too dependent of a good draw in the ATP tourneys, and those haven't be too weel thusfar.
But maybe that'll come in the weaker clay court tournaments after Wimbledon.

#37 ·
There hasn't been an update here in a while and now is the perfect time for one, given the great start to 2012 Charl has had!

In 2011, Charly finished 14-23 at the ATP level, once winning back-to-back matches in a tournament, which was Miami. He had an amazing season in challengers, finishing 28-3, and winning five titles in as many finals, including back-to-back titles to finish the season in Buenos Aires and Montevideo, to finish a career-high 60th in the rankings. In doubles, Charly made it to the SF of the Masters 1000 event in Rome, the finals of Moscow and won the Buenos Aires challenger to finish #67.

2012 has been the best of Charly's career thus far, making his first career ATP final in Vina Del Mar before losing to Monaco in three sets in the final. He made the QF of three straight events afterward during the Golden Swing in Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, and Acapulco, defeating Gilles Simon in two of the events, and has suffered only one R1 loss on the year, with a 13-8 record. He has entered the top 50 for the first time in his career and is provisionally ranked #37. In doubles he also made the finals of Vina Del Mar with Andujar, losing 10-12 in the final-set tiebreak to Gimeno-Traver/Gil and is currently ranked 55th in the doubles rankings.

Charly is an extremely hard worker who doesn't come from the privilege many fellow players have, and it's great to see his hard work paying off after being seriously injured several seasons ago and having to climb all the way back to play the best he's ever done at the age of 29. Hopefully he can continue his great form as the tour begins it's clay season. His next scheduled event is Houston, the week after next. GL in Texas, Carlos!

#38 ·
Charly made the QF of Houston, defeating Blake in three sets and Phau 6-1 6-0, but was forced to retire vs Lopez down 4-6 2-2 with a lower left leg injury. He got it looked at during his match vs Blake in R1 and he unfortunately aggravated it to the point he could no longer continue to play after taking several medical timeouts.

He is in the draw in Monte Carlo and drawn to play Starace in R1. Hopefully he recovers quickly from his injury and is able to participate and play to the best of his abilities.

#46 ·
Baby Warlocq :D Hopefully he'll get into tennis!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.