Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

273K views 1K replies 134 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
By request from a few members to create a separate from Judio's thread with updated rankings, I will start this thread for frequent unofficial live ATP rankings. I will have a small break sometime in the future, but I will return afterwards, so don't worry if there will be a small interruption in the near future.

Now, one advantage to a new thread is that I can explain the color code and display mode for the table.

- The table displays current ranking standings by calculating the number of points dropped at the end of the period mentioned on the head table (the next official ATP rankings date).
- The Drop column details the number of points for all the tournaments that will be taken out of the player's rankings. Multiple tournaments may be dropped for each player, but the tournament with the most points dropped will determine the color of the drop points. For instance, 180 Wimbledon dropped along with 45 ATP 250 in the week after Wimbledon will result in 225 colored in red (Grand Slam color).
- The Gain column displays the total number of points the player has raised at the current tournament.
- The Effective column is the exact number of points the player will win or lose at the next official ranking. The total here is calculated based on all tournaments dropped and all tournaments played (GS qualies, Futures and all other tournaments that will be counted at the next official rankings). The color is determined again by the tournament with most points.
- The second Points column is for the next week after the current week. When no Grand Slam is being played, all current Futures tournaments are first counted there, since they won't be part of the rankings until a week later. Also, all next week's qualifiers will be counted there.
- In all weeks an additional Incoming Futures column is being displayed, along with the total tournament count calculated in advance so that the players with the same number of points are separated properly.
- During Grand Slam qualies another column with the points made there (not yet Live) is added. And during Grand Slams, another column with the points from the tournament is added in case a player goes to another tournament after the GS or GS qualies, but before the next official rankings.
- In the detailed week by week part of the table, you will encounter -1 points for certain players. Those tournaments are actually the tournaments in which the player has received a 0-point penalty for retiring or for not completing at least 4 ATP 500 tournaments in a year.

The colors used as background inside the table mean:
Green - The player is currently not eliminated from the Main Draw.
Red - The player was eliminated from the Main Draw or Qualifying Draw.
Blue - The player is currently playing on the Qualifying Draw.
Orange - The player has retired from any match.
Gray - The player has withdrawn from the tournament, but will incur a 0-point penalty. This will be noted as a -1 in case of ATP 500 events, and 0 in case of ATP 1000. This is due to the fact that ATP 1000 events are recognized as Mandatory by the system, while ATP 500 events are not, and there needs to be a difference between regular 0 (first round loss) and mandatory 0 (penalty).
White - The player currently does not participate in a tournament.

The colors used for text inside the table mean:
Red - The player is/was on a Grand Slam Main Draw
Regular orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Mandatory Masters Main Draw
Light orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Optional (MC) Masters Main Draw
Maroon - The player is/was on the ATP Tour Finals Main Draw
Green - The player is/was on a ATP 500 Main Draw
Olive - The player is/was on the Olympics Main Draw
Purple - The player is/was on a ATP 250 Main Draw
Plum - The player is/was on the World Team Championships tournament
Sky Blue - The player participated in the Davis Cup
Teal - The player is/was on the ATP Challenger Finals
Blue - The player is/was on a Challenger Main Draw
Navy - The player is/was on a 15K Futures Main Draw
Black - The player is/was on a 10K Futures Main Draw
Gray - The player participates on the Qualifying Draw of any tournament
Silver - The player does not participate in a tournament

Link to weekly rankings statistics: Ranking Statistics
Link to old ATP Rankings thread: Old ATP Rankings Thread

If you have any trouble seeing the latest image, please clear your internet cache and try again... Help on clearing the cache: http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html#fire35w

With all the instructions being laid, here comes the table:

Link to complete table: LIVE ATP

Link to official rankings from past Mondays: OFFICIAL RANKINGS

THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE. FOR RANKINGS UPDATES, CHECK THIS THREAD:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=236585

See less See more
#504 ·
Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

it's sad the Race is already over :( Obviously nothing incredible will happen at Shangai and Paris will come too late for anybody to outrank Tipsarevic. He will be #9 whatever happens and alt for Nadal. ATP is still trying to sell it like it is very close and everybody has a chance, but basically it's not :shrug:
only purpose of the Race is to know who will be #10 by year-end and there are 6 guys fighting for it: Almagro, Monaco, Gasquet, Isner, Raonic and Cilic. And top 12 for AO.

#508 ·
Re: Ferrer on the live rankings

Correction: :sad::confused:

#509 ·

I see those guys are not giving Delpo any penalty for not fulfilling the commitment. Isner, Nadal and Fish also without such penalty. Roddick is dropping way too many points according to them.

Am I missing something ?:eek:

Coming week is first with fully automated Masters updates.

Also, if I'm right and live-tennis.eu is wrong about the players I mentioned above, any talk about their site in this thread will be forbidden. If they're right, well, I will make the system better. :lol:

#510 ·

I see those guys are not giving Delpo any penalty for not fulfilling the commitment. Isner, Nadal and Fish also without such penalty. Roddick is dropping way too many points according to them.

Am I missing something ?:eek:

Coming week is first with fully automated Masters updates.

Also, if I'm right and live-tennis.eu is wrong about the players I mentioned above, any talk about their site in this thread will be forbidden. If they're right, well, I will make the system better. :lol:
The French guy who runs this site and whose pseudo was Chewbacca on MTF made an error, yes : Fed, Nadal, Del Po, Isner, Fish, Roddick, Monfils and Chela will all get a zeropointer, yes, because they have played only 2 ATP500 tournaments so far in the calendar year then for certain they will not be able to fulfill the commitment.

#514 ·

Question regarding the compulsory ATP 500..
the top 30 players have to play 4 of them, one of which after the US Open, right ? Bearing in mind that Monte-Carlo counts as one of them..
I thought that DC could be part of those 4, however, considering your discussion, it appears that not.
To put it bluntly, I am concerned about Federer's breakdown...
Rotterdam, Dubai, Basel + DC, he should then be considered as complying with the rule.

If not, does that mean that he will get a zero pointer, which will maintain his 90 pts from Doha in non countables ?
In which case, Djokovic would get 180 pts in non countables as well ?

#515 · (Edited)

I thought that DC could be part of those 4, however, considering your discussion, it appears that not.
To put it bluntly, I am concerned about Federer's breakdown...
Rotterdam, Dubai, Basel + DC, he should then be considered as complying with the rule.

If not, does that mean that he will get a zero pointer, which will maintain his 90 pts from Doha in non countables ?
In which case, Djokovic would get 180 pts in non countables as well ?
DC is not part of the commitment, as per section 1.07-D from the Rulebook:

D. Commitment
The commitment for the commitment players is, the singles event of all ATP World
Tour Masters 1000 tournaments for which he is accepted, the Barclays ATP World
Tour Finals (if qualifi ed as a direct acceptance or designated as the alternate) and
four (4) ATP World Tour 500 tournaments, one (1) of which must be held following
the US Open. For commitment and ranking purposes, the Monte Carlo Masters 1000
will be included in the minimum requirements for the 500 category. 2012 Davis Cup
points may be counted as one (1) of the best of six (6) in the ATP World Tour rankings,
however, it shall not count towards the commitment requirement of a commitment
player.
Federer gets a 0-pointer this week and his ranking breakdown remains unchanged, and if Djokovic does not play Basel/Valencia, he gets a 0-pointer as well. However, Djokovic doesn't get the 180 points in NC, since he has only 17 tournaments + WTF in his breakdown, and now, any number of ATP 500 tournaments are permitted in his Best 6.

EDIT: Is it just me thinking this, or are people not looking at the OP anymore ? Is the image still there ? What about the file ? :lol:

#518 ·

If Djokovic wins Beijing and Shanghai, and Fed loses R32 in Shanghai, Nole can snatch #1 on 10/15, keeping Fed at 299.

Probably won't be for another few weeks though. Fed needs to root for Tsonga and then do work in Shanghai.

This Shanghai event will go a good way to determine who #1 will be for the year.

#524 ·

For the number 1 in next weeks :

- after Shanghai Fed will keep the number 1 if he reaches QF or if Djokovic doesn't win the tournament

- if Fed loses the number 1 in Shanghai, he could get it back after Basel if he reaches the final there (needs to win if he loses in first round in Shanghai)

- after Paris-Bercy and before the WTF, Djokovic is now certain to get number 1 back (at least for one week) if Fed skips Paris-Bercy as it's likely

- for the situation in the end of the year, after the WTF, the Race is still running and Djokovic is 1515 points ahead (and for the Race, Fed will only add the points over 90 in Basel)

#525 ·

For the number 1 in next weeks :

- after Shanghai Fed will keep the number 1 if he reaches QF or if Djokovic doesn't win the tournament

- if Fed loses the number 1 in Shanghai, he could get it back after Basel if he reaches the final there (needs to win if he loses in first round in Shanghai)

- after Paris-Bercy and before the WTF, Djokovic is now certain to get number 1 back (at least for one week) if Fed skips Paris-Bercy as it's likely

- for the situation in the end of the year, after the WTF, the Race is still running and Djokovic is 1515 points ahead (and for the Race, Fed will only add the points over 90 in Basel)
I can't imagine Rogie not making at least the QF in Shanghai (regardless if Djokovic wins Shanghai), first round bye, then Lu or Zhang in round 2, and then Istomin, Berlocq, Ramos, or Wawrinka in the 3rd round, he's making the QF. QF would be: Monaco, Verdasco, Klizan, or Cilic/Kubot, therefore he'll make at least the SF (Murray most likely, or Isner), so Rogie's #1 is virtually a lock to be safe now until the end of Basel. I think #1 all comes down to Paris and London (WTF).

#527 ·

I bet the year end is going to be very interesting.

The automation is doing very well. Most of the features are implemented and some of them severely tested. All major recurring tournament types and Davis Cup are covered. What remains to be implemented is:

- Automation of checking if the player managed to play a post-US Open ATP 500 to fulfill his commitment. Should be very easy
- Automatic updates of World Tour Finals. Should be done soon.
- Automation of synchronization with the official rankings. This is the most delicate problem of them all, because ATP make mistakes themselves. I have doubts about it since it would be better to perfect out any errors that are made and the rankings will always be good.
- Add Race, Challenger Rankings components and run a different sort and table creation along with the usual rankings for them. Also, I will create a Futures Rankings component for the curious people out following this.

I hope I can get to implementing all these things this year.:)

#532 ·

Today's new rankings appeared on the ATP/WTA iPhone app at least 6 hours ago (i.e. before 08.45 GMT) but still haven't appeared on the ATP website - I'm not sure how they managed to update them in one place and not the other.

#538 ·

No error this week. Granollers got a 0-point penalty for not giving a good reason in missing last week, but he can play Valencia and replace it out.:)
I don't think playing Valencia will change it as anyway it was in his plans it's not like "adding" one tournament, but I think he will indeed manage to have it cancelled as he also withdrew from Shanghai and will not have played for 4 weeks in a row. I've seen weirder cases of players getting a zeropointer cancelled : this one looks clearer, it might already be cancelled next monday.

#539 ·

I wasn't expecting this drop, so I should have asked here about him retiring from Beijing. Only I forgot and missed this sole ranking placement. I didn't count it as a mistake though, cause according to the ranking rules, Granollers should not have gotten this penalty.

ATP seem to count an extra tournament for Isner. They're saying 26, when in reality, it's 25, his breakdown says so as well. What am I missing here?

#540 ·

I wasn't expecting this drop, so I should have asked here about him retiring from Beijing. Only I forgot and missed this sole ranking placement. I didn't count it as a mistake though, cause according to the ranking rules, Granollers should not have gotten this penalty.

ATP seem to count an extra tournament for Isner. They're saying 26, when in reality, it's 25, his breakdown says so as well. What am I missing here?
It seems the same for Federer he has 21 when in reality it is 20. Unless they are counting Davis Cup?

Edit: I think that's it, they are counting Davis Cup

#546 ·

This is his breakdown.

Grand Slams
Date Tournament Round Points Drop Date
1 27.08.2012 US Open R32 90 09.09.2013
2 16.01.2012 Australian Open R32 90 28.01.2013
3 27.05.2012 Roland Garros R64 45 10.06.2013
4 25.06.2012 Wimbledon R128 10 08.07.2013
ATP World Tour Masters 1000
5 08.03.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells F 600 18.03.2013
6 06.08.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Canada S 360 12.08.2013
7 07.11.2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Paris S 360 12.11.2012
8 13.05.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome R32 45 20.05.2013
9 21.03.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami R32 45 01.04.2013
10 06.05.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid R32 10 13.05.2013
11 12.08.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Cincinnati - 0 19.08.2013
12 15.04.2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Monte Carlo - 0 22.04.2013
13 09.10.2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai - 0 15.10.2012
ATP World Tour 500
14 14.09.2012 Davis Cup - 170
15 01.10.2012 Beijing - 0 07.10.2013
Best of Other Countable Tournaments
16 19.08.2012 Winston-Salem W 250 26.08.2013
17 09.07.2012 Newport W 250 15.07.2013
18 09.04.2012 Houston F 150 15.04.2013
Non-Countable Tournaments
19 25.07.2012 London Olympics Q 135 05.08.2013
20 16.07.2012 Atlanta S 90 22.07.2013
21 27.02.2012 Delray Beach S 90 04.03.2013
22 20.02.2012 Memphis Q 90 25.02.2013
23 20.05.2012 Nice Q 45 27.05.2013
24 09.01.2012 Sydney R16 0 14.01.2013
25 31.10.2011 Valencia R32 0 05.11.2012

I don't see any tournament not displayed there. However, he is displayed with 26 tournaments on the Rankings page.

#548 ·

Sorry guys, I don´t understand something about 0-point penalization for Federer not playing Tokyo. I know players must play at least 4 ATP 500 (Montecarlo, Davis Cup and Olympics not counting), Roger have played Dubai, and Rotterdam and as he can play only in Basel he won't be able to complete 4 ATP500 requirement, so what I understand is that's the reason why he is penalized.

But take now Djokovic case, he just played Dubai this year, so in order to play 4 ATP 500 he should have played Washington, Beijing/Tokyo, Basel/Valencia. Following the same logic used with Federer shouldn't he have gotten a 0-point after Washington week?

#549 ·

Sorry guys, I don´t understand something about 0-point penalization for Federer not playing Tokyo. I know players must play at least 4 ATP 500 (Montecarlo, Davis Cup and Olympics not counting), Roger have played Dubai, and Rotterdam and as he can play only in Basel he won't be able to complete 4 ATP500 requirement, so what I understand is that's the reason why he is penalized.

But take now Djokovic case, he just played Dubai this year, so in order to play 4 ATP 500 he should have played Washington, Beijing/Tokyo, Basel/Valencia. Following the same logic used with Federer shouldn't he have gotten a 0-point after Washington week
?
Djokovic played Monte Carlo. MC counts towards the 500 requirement, despite giving 1000 points to the winner.

#551 ·

If Novak doesn't play Basel and gets a 0-pointer for it, will he be able to count Dubai? I mean, the rules for this year allow them to count 6 best tournaments instead of 4 + 2. But if he doesn't fulfill the commitment of playing 4 ATP500s, will he be limited to counting only 4 500s (MC, DC and OG included) and with his 0-pointer from Basel, that would mean only MC, OG and Beijing?

#552 · (Edited)

If Novak doesn't play Basel and gets a 0-pointer for it, will he be able to count Dubai? I mean, the rules for this year allow them to count 6 best tournaments instead of 4 + 2. But if he doesn't fulfill the commitment of playing 4 ATP500s, will he be limited to counting only 4 500s (MC, DC and OG included) and with his 0-pointer from Basel, that would mean only MC, OG and Beijing?
He will be able to count Dubai in the end of the year for sure as even with the zeropointer in Basel he will only have 4 ATP500 results in his rankings.

But I'm also pretty sure he will also count it during the Bercy week when he will have 5 ATP500 results in his rankings (including zeropointers), since this year the limit to counting only 4 ATP500 results has been erased, and I think it also applies to players who won't actually play 4 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar year if you look at Nadal's ranking breakdown which includes 5 ones if you include the Davis cup which used to be included in the limit to 4 ATP500 results between 2009 and 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.