Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where are we all from? Plus Where we have been

34K views 559 replies 55 participants last post by  Getta 
#1 · (Edited)
At Choupi's request and also as part of our ongoing learning processes. I have decided that we should pics from where we are from, and if someone has moved around like (some of us) then they can post places where they have or lived now.

This is not one of my own, but it's a good one of the city centre and the big bridge in Tromsø. I will have some more later.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: Where are we all from?

Rosie said:
So am I- I am a snow and mountains person myself. Adri - I love your photos of Venezuela - it looks beautiful.
I am going to put some more photos from my surrounding region and some of Tasmania, plus a few for the fallen comrades. :)

#29 ·

Rosie said:
How are the "fallen comrades"?
Two of them are fine and one is very busy at the moment, as he is coming out to Aus in Jan and needs to save his money. :)

#30 · (Edited)

Here are some more pics from the surrounding regions of Tromsø.

The first two pictures are the Lyngen Alps aren't that high really, but as the pictures show they are very beautiful and just a little bit out from the town.

The third picture is an old fishing port.

Fourth and fifth pictures are of the midnight sun, it's a beautiful thing in summer and the other one is the Midnight Sun Marathon which starts at 11pm and goes across the big bridge in town.

The last pic is Driv which is where a lot of people hang outside in the summer.

Attachments

#32 ·

I can't wait to see the Japan photos..Everyone is posting such great pictures.

Here are a few more from me-

The first is the Liberty Bell which is pretty important here.

Then William Penn- he founded the state and there is a myth that the reason why no sports team from PA ever wins anything is because people started building their buildings taller than his statues...there used to be some law that you couldn't build higher than his statue but that is long gone....

Then is Ben Franklin- a pretty cool guy who is created with one of the best quotes ever "Beer is proof that God loves us and whats us to be happy". A very smart man..even though I don't like beer as much as champaigne (right Choupi?)

And finally- the Pagoda- it's in Reading and I'm not sure why. It's cool though.

enjoy!

#34 ·

taysbest said:
Joeb- you live in a very nice neighborhood too! I forgot to mention that!
thats what my mum and dad wanted, we got a small house (only 2 bedrooms) when we had four before. But we wanted to be in a nice area (which meant getting a smaller house because a big one we couldnt afford). My room is huge which is nice, in my old house i had two rooms because i had so much stuff :D
We have just recently got a conservatory put on, so this will be used as a room and hopefully leaves 3 bedrooms. price of the home incase people were wondering i think was roughly 215 thousand £, i am interested in seeing the prices of others home to see how much cheaper it is!

#36 ·

I've no idea how to post a photo!!! If you would like to visit the Bariloche site, it's at www.bariloche.org. And to see a few really nice pics, try:
http://www.bariloche.org/ac-lt-1.shtml.
I love seeing all your photos. I'm glad we all seem to be pleased with where we're living. In my case, our move to Patagonia was a big step, as we used to live in Buenos Aires, a sophisticated capital with all the cultural movement we were used to, to a simpler life 1700 kms. away, but we've never regretted it. This is Paradise!

#37 ·

Hi guys!

Thelma, didn't I see you in another thread?? Anyway, I've been to Bermuda, and I love it!

All these pix are so lovely! joeb, the house prices in UK are outrageous [I was just there].

My city is boring but I'll see if I can find pix for you to guess where I live...

#38 ·

Thanks everybody for all their photos so far.

#39 · (Edited)

These pictures are a mixture from where I live now

These three are from Hobart the capital city of Tasmania the forgotten part of Australia, it's the island that is frequently left off the map, this is where I am based and they are taken from Mt.Wellington which looks over the city, it isn't very high, but it does give a very good view.

Attachments

#40 ·

Thelma - the Bermuda pics are gorgeous - very exotic! And joeb-guess it's no big surprise for you to learn that house prices where I live are pretty identical to you!! English property prices won't drop until you move a lot further North than where you and I live- we are both far too near London to have cheap houses!!

#42 ·

Choupi said:
Hey GWH, the pics from where you live now are so different from where you come from. South Australia is so far from Norway! Don't you miss it too much?
I am actually in Tasmania and not South Australia, SA has more a desert landscape than Tasmania does.

#43 ·

Thelma, thanks for your pictures of Bermuda.

#44 ·

GeorgeWHitler said:
I am actually in Tasmania and not South Australia, SA has more a desert landscape than Tasmania does.
Well thanks for helping me mending the lacks in my geographical knowledges... ;)

Ok I'm back with new pics from my so beautiful France :D

N°1 & N° 2 are from the Alps (highest mountains out here)
N°3 & N°4 are from our famous ST TROPEZ and its yachting harbour
N°5 is a nice pic of our French Riviera
N°6 is from our town NICE also on the French Riviera
N°7 is from Cap Esterel, not far from NICE and ST TROPEZ

Attachments

#46 ·

Wow wow wow, such lovely pics!!! key, my turn now. I was born in Slany a lil town near Praha. I live all my life (except a year or two when I lived in Mocambique and in USA) in Praha. Here are some pics:

Praha:

Slaný:

#47 ·

Wow! All those pics make me feel like travelling!!!!!! Thanks everybody to have shared them with us here so far :D I hope others will follow, so that this thread will defo look like some ad for the biggest travelling agency!!!! ;)

I've just found 3 more, still in the same area, the south of France.
N°1 The French Riviera (again!)
N°2 The Island of Porquerolles (still safe from human pollution, a true paradise!)
N°3 Another pic of ST TROPEZ, a general view this time of the yachting harbour

Attachments

#48 ·

Nice est si belle, comme tout le S de la France... j'adore la Mediterranee!

#49 ·

:wavey:

still can't find any interesting photos... :rolleyes:

#50 ·

RogiFan88 said:
Nice est si belle, comme tout le S de la France... j'adore la Mediterranee!
Hehe, you're so right! But there are areas, apart from the south which are worth sightseeing! It's just that I was searching for pics which could help me warm up just a little bit...It's getting so cold around here!!!! ;)

#51 ·

nenadeSergio-you are so lucky to live so near Praha,- it is one of my favourite cities in the world. I think it is so beautiful there :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.