Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

56K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  crude oil 
#1 ·
The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

Since we've been talking HC stuff in the grass thread I thought it was time... andy's schedule before the USO is provisionally Toronto, Cincy, LA, and DC. He plays World Team Tennis this Saturday night and that should air on TTC I think. And he might play Indy next week but he can't give the tourney an answer yet :eek: :lol:

C'mon Andy, stop sucking please :(

#158 ·
Re: The "Yay, a surface that's actually fast!" Summer HC Thread

we'd find out here probably even faster because there are people here who have access to the ATP player computer system which is where they pull out...but if he's not there practicing tomorrow, that wouldn't be a good sign.

#159 ·

I dont think he will pull out :)
Seems like he never had a sever injury, he simply didnt want to go to team tennis, which actually make sense coz... it is a silly thing without atp points... :)

#160 ·

It's unlike Andy to shirk on a commitment no matter what, though. I don't think he'd lie to them, knowing how much they were relying on him for ticket sales and attention. It's just not who he is.

#161 ·

Oh come on, I so love him, but if for example, he has skipped Madrid to make his charity event, why wouldnt he skip team tennis to do anything else ??? I love andy, but I know what he is able to do as well ;)

#162 ·

It has nothing to do with "loving him" it's just his reputation. Even ESPN.com has a recent article that says he wouldn't have pulled out of WTT for nothing. Especially considering he hadn't played. He has played WTT under worse conditions than this. I doubt he's as hurt as the articles/press release made it sound, but I also doubt he just skipped it for fun b/c he didn't feel like because that's not who he is. And, I do not think he has skipped a Masters event for his charity event. Not even he is that stupid. But even if he was, at least his charity event is a great cause, it's not quite the same as what you are saying - that he just didn't feel like. Also the following day he magically didn't appear at the softball thing either.

#163 ·

Well, last year he didnt go to Madrid because on sunday he was at Austin for his charity but yeah, as you said, it is a great cause and I can proudly say I have cooperated with that several ocasions so, Im not judging him or anything, actually Im defending him, if he decides to skip anything or to play somewhere, who Am I to judge him ??? I dont know what is in his mind, so....

For me everything is about love, so sorry, I love him and I wont critize him or anything, actually, as I mentioned, skipping that stupidity of team tennis whether he was injured or not is perfect to me, not to mention the softball thing....

If that is your opinion and you dont beleive he skipped that thing only "for pleasure" and you like ESPN articles, fine, I respect that, just respect my opinion too.

And I dont "love him", I love him :)

#164 ·

:sobbing:

#165 ·

Late withdrawals are done on site not in playerzone, so unfortunately we won't hear about it until the tournament announces it (if he were to withdraw this late). I am choosing to believe that he is on his way there. :)

#166 ·

Yeah ! I think he will play too !!! I think Kaylee will see him tomorrow :)
Lets hope for him being the champ there, or at least having a good tourney

Go Andyyyyyyyyy !

#167 ·

http://www.andyroddick.com/4227/ready-for-toronto/

Ready For Toronto
July 19th, 2008 10:16 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

A couple of weeks of hard work in the heat and humidity of Austin has Andy getting ready for Toronto. The summer hard court season is upon us and the first stop for Andy is Toronto. As always, many of the stops in the summer are played in some of the toughest conditions. The heat and humidity can get really tough in places like Cincinnati, Washington DC and New York. This is one of the reasons that Andy makes sure that his conditioning is as good as it can be. The fitness work in Austin gives you a little bit better chance of having success in the summer heat. It is time to get back to some tournament tennis and two big tournaments in a row (Toronto and Cincinnati). And of course for me Cincinnati is a hometown tournament for me so I always look forward to the ATP event in my backyard. But first a big week in Toronto.
Oh my, finally got some news about Andy! :sobbing:

#173 ·

Andy said:
http://www.andyroddick.com/4226/mid-july-andy-update/

Mid-July Andy Update
July 19th, 2008 10:46 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

“Hey guys…it’s been a while,….just been so focused on getting healthy and back on the court. We are leaving for Toronto today…i’ve had some great results in Canada so we are all pretty excited to get back….It’s been really tough not competing this past month, but you cant force recovery…I guess the silver lining is since I’ve been home we have been working really hard on the Foundation Charity events..more exciting news to come on that. Hope you guys are enjoying the videos…when I get settled I’ll crank out a full update…time to go pack!”
:angel:

#180 ·

:yeah: Thanks Raina :) For some reason I'm really glad he's been practicing in Austin :scratch:

#185 ·

Everyone belongs here :)

#187 ·

That's me.

#189 ·

:rolls:

#193 ·

thanks for making the trip andy:eek: he needs to step the F up to get into the top 4 so this doesn't keep happening. he got lucky at wimbledon and blew it, doubtful he'll get that lucky again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.