Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

261K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  MariaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it is time for this thread to make a strong comeback after suffering in the hands of a rabid Fedtard and sworn Nadal hater :)rolleyes:) for months.

as it is time for Rafito :)hearts: :kiss:) to make his strong comeback after suffering from serious injuries for so many many months :)sobbing:).

According to the information available at this point, Rafa is competing in Vina del Mar next week. His first match will be on Wednesday February 6th at 6pm local time* :bigclap:

*11pm for us Andreea and Maria (the rest of you can figure it out yourselves :p)

#3,459 · (Edited)
Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

If I were a horrible person I'd post the Nole horror pics or the "dance" video but I wouldn't do that even to my worst enemy ever. I hope A. has been able to avoid all of it because that could make her blind. :hug: And no, despite Rafa's optimism I'm not waiting for the clash, don't want baby Rafa get damaged again. :awww: :sad: :bigcry: :sobbing:

Congrats Evita! :yeah:

#3,461 ·
Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

the bottle guy next.

If I were a horrible person I'd post the Nole horor pics or the *dance" video but I wouldn't do that even to my worst enemy ever.
Why, Novak, why? :( Pfffft...I like that song.

It's a bit desperate, don't you think? Esp. if you do that when the opponent is still on court.
Apparently, he's been rehearsing those "dance" moves for 4 weeks before Montreal. :facepalm:

#3,463 ·

I haven't seen Novak's dancing and I don't care to, thank you.

Raonic was never particularly high in my estimation but after this incident he's even lower. That was not fair play. And to then read he considered the situation "lucky"... :facepalm:

Maria, any particular picture you're talking about regarding Rafa's smile? Or just in general?

#3,464 ·

Naah Milos is still cool! :cool: :p *Melanie should really drop by from pinterest*
I don't go around calling Delpo a crybaby, he's cool too and one of my faves. In a match everything can happen. Actually Mo Lahyani is to blame, he's been seriously slipping up lately. :( :eek:

And I mean Rafa's smile after a win when he's genuinely happy! :)

#3,465 ·

I'm not exactly blaming Raonic, I know the umpire is to blame but still. It's like Raonic himself said - if you have no hawk-eye and your opponent gets a bad call and you know it's bad - do you concede the point? Obviously you don't have to but it's nice and fair if you do. I've seen players do it, even Djokovic. IMO it's the right thing to do. Of course, often the players themselves aren't really sure whether a ball caught a line or not so they don't concede anything but in this case Milos clearly knew he should have lost the point.

#3,466 ·

I have only been awake for an hour and I wasn't home last night. I have no idea what you two are talking about and I won't be able to figure it out for at least another hour. Sounds like it's two things I won't like.

#3,467 ·

Ahh Melanie, we're fine here. Rafa is winning and in a good mood. :D

Milos could've 'done the right thing' I agree but that doesn't make me like him any less. He's under immense pressure to do well at home and once you give away a point you never know what might happen.
Safin conceded points too but then he was a softie to become a true champion anyway. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My new faves Raonic, Janowicz and Dimitrov look more like the Connors-McEnroe era guys, not just pc answers & stuff. ;) So should be fun times ahead actually if we add Tomic to the mix. :lol: :boxing:

#3,468 · (Edited)

Raonic messed up big time, Maria.

Raonic's actions on court is one thing. I can understand the temptation mid-match. However, he had so many people watching. If the temptation was too big during the match, he should have thought it over once he stepped off court. Apologise or something.

But no, he gives an answer like "hypothetically yes, technically no", when confronted with the question that the point was Delpo's. :facepalm:

Having said that, I don't think that Raonic should be crucified for this. The outrage against it is a bit exaggerated.

---

A non-PC answer is not necessarily fun or interesting. It's a cliché too often used on MTF but non-PC answers can often also be rude and/or dumb. We need strong personalities in tennis, not dumb ones.

#3,470 ·

^ Putin is macho, Hilde. :shrug:
And yes some think homosexuality is a threat to humanity. :shrug:

A non-PC answer is not necessarily fun or interesting. It's a cliché too often used on MTF but non-PC answers can often also be rude and/or dumb. We need strong personalities in tennis, not dumb ones.
So you think they're dumb? Raonic, Tomic, Dimitrov & Co?

#3,469 · (Edited)

The situation in Russia with an anti-gay policy is, frankly, quite scary.

I don't get it. Why is homosexuality such a threat to society for Putin & co? We have an openly gay prime minister and nobody gives a damn about his sexual preference. :shrug: The main thing is doing a good job as a prime minister.

I mean, sure: I've read all the arguments from a religious viewpoint, from conservative viewpoints about marriage and family and so on...

But when all is said and done, I don't understand why being gay should be such a threat to others. Live and let live. As long as they're not harming anybody, what's the big deal? Being gay is never going to threaten humanity, is it?

#3,474 ·

Hilde, I agree with you about Russia and gays but it's not the worst thing happening in Russia. Democracy, human rights are more serious issues. You can't expect tolerance against gays if they have very little tolerance for people who think differently in general.

I hate the Russian government and Putin almost more than anything else. It's not just the general things but how they try to influence (and do influence) our parties, how they buy newspapers to publish what they want, how they are trying to separate the Russians in Latvia from the Latvians. Did you know that Russians in Russia consider Latvia as their enemy no.2 (after the US)? It's ridiculous but it's true, and I think Estonia was no.3 on that list. See the power of their propaganda machine? Russia just can't leave the Baltic countries alone and I hate it, and sometimes it also scares me. I try not to think about it in general.

#3,476 ·

Hilde, I agree with you about Russia and gays but it's not the worst thing happening in Russia. Democracy, human rights are more serious issues. You can't expect tolerance against gays if they have very little tolerance for people who think differently in general.

I hate the Russian government and Putin almost more than anything else. It's not just the general things but how they try to influence (and do influence) our parties, how they buy newspapers to publish what they want, how they are trying to separate the Russians in Latvia from the Latvians. Did you know that Russians in Russia consider Latvia as their enemy no.2 (after the US)? It's ridiculous but it's true, and I think Estonia was no.3 on that list. See the power of their propaganda machine? Russia just can't leave the Baltic countries alone and I hate it, and sometimes it also scares me. I try not to think about it in general.

You're right.
I am worried about the skinheads in Russia who kill the people/immigrants from the Caucasus and Central Asia (racism) and then Russia accuses us (meaning Latvia and Estonia) being fascist countries! :rolleyes: :help: :help: :help:
And what a paradox - Russia suffered most (at least so they say) from fascism during WW II and now there are nationalists (meaning fascists) acting freely and killing people. And yes they kill gays too, beat them to death simply because they're gay, absolutely horrible to read. :tape:
It's horrible that Putin has endorsed the worshipping of Stalin, that really scares me.

OK Evita, you watching the great match? :bounce: :bigclap: :bounce: :bigclap: Hope Milos won't cheat this time. ;)

#3,475 ·

There is no argument to persecute someone for his sexual preferences. None.

Maybe I don't like oral sex and tomorrow I'm the prime minister of Romania and promote a law to totally forbid it. What about that? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.