Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

283K views 5K replies 49 participants last post by  acionescu 
#1 · (Edited)
#3,804 ·
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

If the emerald tiara is really missing, it would be a real shame.

Astrid received great jewelry for the births of her every child:
- a emerald and diamond bracelet-tiara for the birth of J-C, here worn by GD Maria-theresa of Lux as a choker

- a diamond bandeau for the birth of Albert, here worn by Mathilde on her wedding day

- the emerald and diamond tiara for the birth of Baudoin, worn by Astrid above.

All these jewels were worn by Lilian until every child got married. She gave J-C the bracelet and the bandeau to Paola. Upon this logic the emerald tiara MUST be with Fabiola but she never wore it. Pundits say because she hated Lilian :lol:

I really hope Lilian didn't sell it :(

#3,805 ·

Mid-storm, Fabiola declared today that she will only use her own private means for the foundation. So, no property or money that was given to her by her husband, the late king Boudewijn, and no dotation money.

However, the cat is out of the bag. Some politicians are suggesting that the federal parliament should start an investigation on the possibility to recuperate the inheritance money that was originally given by dotation.

#3,806 ·

i know abt andy passion but didnt know abt yr castina:p

#3,808 ·

...continuing with the spamming-ahoy action:

Oscar nominatons are in:

Best film
Amour
Argo
Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Lincoln
Life Of Pi
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

Best actress
Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
Quvenzhane Wallis - Beasts of the Southern Wild
Naomi Watts - The Impossible

Best actor
Daniel Day Lewis - Lincoln
Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Hugh Jackman - Les Miserables
Joaquin Phoenix - The Master
Denzel Washington - Flight

Best director
Michael Haneke - Amour
Ang Lee - Life of Pi
David O Russell - Silver Linings Playbook
Steven Spielberg - Lincoln
Benh Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern Wild

Best supporting actor
Alan Arkin - Argo
Robert De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook
Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained
Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Master

Best supporting actress
Amy Adams - The Master
Sally Field - Lincoln
Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Helen Hunt - The Sessions
Jacki Weaver - Silver Linings Playbook

Best foreign film
Amour
No
War witch
A Royal Affair
Kon-Tiki
I'm so out of touch with Hollywood & co these days. I haven't seen any movie from the above lists. :eek: (partly due to not having been released here yet).

First impression is that it seems to be the same old, same old. I think that the Academy needs new blood.

#4,623 ·
Oscar nominatons are in:

I'm so out of touch with Hollywood & co these days. I haven't seen any movie from the above lists. (partly due to not having been released here yet).

First impression is that it seems to be the same old, same old. I think that the Academy needs new blood.
Speaking of the Oscars, Daniel Day Lewis :)hearts:) was in Athens last week for the avant-premiere of Lincoln.

:hearts:

#3,809 ·

Mungiu gets over looked again :sad:

they changed the rules because he was overlooked the first time and he gets the same with the new rules :lol:

Amour competing for best film AND best foreign film :rolleyes:

#3,810 ·

Actually, except Riva, this must be one of the youngest female race EVER. Quvenzhane Wallis is like 6 or something :lol:

Riva is the oldest candidate ever, though :eek:

#3,822 ·

Yep, some surprising choices again I must say.
Les Miserables is out here but I wll not go & suffer for like 3 hours there even if the cast is great. :help: :tape: :eek:
3 hours????

It's weird. I agree, the cast is impressive and yet, I'm not keen on watching it. Probably has to do with the musical Chicago a couple of years ago, which I didn't like at all.

poor Star

RAFAEL and Isner out of Oz Open

:hug:'s
Pfffft, Djoker is still there so the Pouting Princess can't complain.

I read the book "My left foot" before the movie was made. One of the few times the movie was nearly as good as the book. Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic.

#3,812 ·

always the same types up for the oscars :rolleyes:

surely Sly Stallone deserves a shout

what happened to Clooney and Hanks this year? normally they live for having a chance to win some oscar

its like me with the Pop con only far less important

#4,678 ·

always the same types up for the oscars :rolleyes:

surely Sly Stallone deserves a shout
what happened to Clooney and Hanks this year? normally they live for having a chance to win some oscar

its like me with the Pop con only far less important
:lol: :worship:

Anchorman 2 is out late this year, so Will Ferrell has 2014 Best Actor sewn up :hearts:

#3,816 ·

thks Maria

a blondie, was that how you looked in your prime ;)

#3,819 ·

thks Maria

a blondie, was that how you looked in your prime ;)
Something like that Michael something like that. ) I had absolutely great hair at least. :bigcry: :sobbing:

Does Daniel-Day Lewis have another Oscar guaranteed for Lincoln? I'd say so. He was great in My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father and others I admit.

Leo DiCaprio wasn't nominated for Django Unchained.

#3,824 ·

Uhhh, what I wanted to say, Tecau playing with Mirnyi in Sydney, that's a great doubles team. I wonder if they'll play like the AO and more? I'm out of the loop with the doubles. *going to the doubles forum*

Hilde, I loved Chicago but then again tastes differ.
I never understood what was great in The Cabaret with Liza Minelli for example, absolutely hated it, and her. :eek:

#3,825 ·

:rolleyes:

people, what's wrong with you? If you really want to see a movie( or a tennis match for that matter), what does it matter if its 1.5 hour or 5? You just go and watch and that's it :cuckoo:

#3,827 ·

Hmmm...something weird going on with MTF. It says that MariaV was the last to post and Andreea's post is the last on show. Plus, I posted only half an hour ago or so and my post has gone.

Maybe I need another cup of coffee. :scratch:

:rolleyes:

people, what's wrong with you? If you really want to see a movie( or a tennis match for that matter), what does it matter if its 1.5 hour or 5? You just go and watch and that's it :cuckoo:
It's not about the length for me, but the fact that it's a musical. As I said, Chicago received a ton of good reviews but I disliked it when I saw it on tv.

I saw The Hobbit a couple of weeks ago and that's about 3 hours long.

Belgium is nominated in the category Short Films, though.

#3,828 ·

:wavey:

I sent a PM to Eva last night and it doesn't show up in the Sent Items, I thought it's weird because I mean I DID send it. :eek: Or then again that could be the senile me hitting the wrong key and not checking last night. :eek: But maybe they had some glitch and lost some data! :eek: ;)

Anyway I'm back to duty. :wavey:

#3,831 ·

Really sick of the biased moderation out there. I mean, there were gazillion of posts whining about the draw in the AO draw thread, I posted my rant, and obviously within a minute it's deleted. I know scoobs gets some alert anytime I post something, but really one would think he should have his hands full with his tweeting activity.

#3,833 ·

Really sick of the biased moderation out there. I mean, there were gazillion of posts whining about the draw in the AO draw thread, I posted my rant, and obviously within a minute it's deleted. I know scoobs gets some alert anytime I post something, but really one would think he should have his hands full with his tweeting activity.
:eek: :eek: :hug: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.