Mens Tennis Forums banner

Middle East call for freedom/ Various Israel topics

47K views 678 replies 86 participants last post by  abraxas21 
#1 · (Edited)
Nothing? Take active steps to take Gadaffi down? Such as? Who should do it? If you think nobody should interfere, is there a situation where your opinion might change?

#108 ·
Re: Question - what should the world do about the situation in Libya?

The West butting in yet again. The problems in Africa can all be tied back to colonialism, and our continued interference is just perpetuating them.

I don't know when the West will finally realize that until nations learn to solve their problems on their own, they're never going to develop those ideals that we would like for them. You can't spread democracy through force, and you can't artificially create a society of freedom. Those have to be choices that societies make for themselves. You can't give freedom, it has to be demanded.

The pro-democracy movement in the Middle East has flourished recently in spite of our decades of interference, not because of it. We would be better off if we simply stayed out of the internal affairs of other nations. We can certainly wish them well and cheer for those looking to change their societies for the better, but military intervention will only make things worse.

#109 ·

I have a proof Rafales are involved in the UNO assault: we have seen a fighter crashing on Ben Gazzi yesterday.

#110 ·

MARCH 19, 2011 OBAMA: 'Today

OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003

BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'

MARCH 24, 1999

CLINTON: My fellow Americans, today our Armed Forces joined our NATO allies in airstrikes against Serbian forces responsible for the brutality in Kosovo.

#114 ·

MARCH 19, 2011 OBAMA: 'Today

OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003

BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'

MARCH 24, 1999

CLINTON: My fellow Americans, today our Armed Forces joined our NATO allies in airstrikes against Serbian forces responsible for the brutality in Kosovo.
outcome in kosovo: huge american military bases, corrupt western-backed leaders, drug trafficking, allegations of mass organ tracking, spying from the west, etc, etc.

outcome in iraq: ongoing state of war, terrorism, poverty, deaths. oil secured for the interest of the western corporations. also huge reconstruction contracts given by america.

outome in lybia: remains to be seen but hey, it's all for the best and in the interest of democracy. why would the western leaders lie to us?

#115 ·
#116 ·

I have to say, I am reading you all, and I am confused.

Can someone of those opposing the desicion to interfere in Libya outline the situations in which the western should interfere in what goes on outside its borders?

#128 ·

If a dictator started killing off millions of Brazilians including your neigbours would you say no to outside help ? I thought on the Japan earthquake thread you were adamant that "human life is the most important thing on earth" :rolleyes: Clearly that sentiment doesn't extend to poor African life ;)

Had Gadaffi been say a French dicator mindelessly running France to the ground and killing off anyone who opposes him no one would object to foreign intervention.

No mate the protection of "Internal Affairs" ends when some deluded tool starts killing off innocent people. So if anyone pulls off the same crap in Brazil you'd best believe we'll take him out with or without your approval.

It's the 21st century now. BS will not be tolerated. Now I hear some of you crying oil oil as if it's preferable for Gadaffi to use that country's oil to enrich himself while the rest of the population get the scraps :rolleyes:
you're so clueless and yet so defiant that it's funny.

So if anyone pulls off the same crap in Brazil you'd best believe we'll take him out with or without your approval.
why do westerners like you like to think you're the sheriffs of the world? you can shove your naive self-righteous morals wherever it fits you the most. you don't even realize that you're being fed propaganda, that your country's gvt. doesn't give much of a shit for the wellbeing of the people who live in the country you're justifying the attack against.

#136 ·

you're so clueless and yet so defiant that it's funny.

why do westerners like you like to think you're the sheriffs of the world? you can shove your naive self-righteous morals wherever it fits you the most. you don't even realize that you're being fed propaganda, that your country's gvt. doesn't give much of a shit for the wellbeing of the people who live in the country you're justifying the attack against.
And if you or those close to you pull off the same crap as this Libyan tool there won't be a hole deep enough for you to hide. We'll smoke you out so you'd better start living like a civilised human being and treat your neighbours with respect and dignity.:p

#117 ·

Just attack, take ghadaffi out of power and let the lybians do their business.

If some taliban enters there, waiut for more 20 years and attack again. :shrug:

Show us the power NATO, just show us.

Otherwise Palpatine Ghadaffi will kill the rebbelians. :sad:

CUT THE SNAKE HEAD!

#130 ·

Just attack, take ghadaffi out of power and let the lybians do their business.

If some taliban enters there, waiut for more 20 years and attack again. :shrug:

Show us the power NATO, just show us.

Otherwise Palpatine Ghadaffi will kill the rebbelians. :sad:

CUT THE SNAKE HEAD!
in an ideal world that would work and i'd be in favour of.

however, in this world the big countries aren't saints and thus i'm against this type of moves.

#121 ·

The whole thing stinks. When Gaddafi handed in his WMDs or whatever a few years ago the Western powers started saying he's alright etc and had diplomatic relations. Now all of a sudden he's a despot again. :lol:

Personally he needs to go but not another Iraq situation. That said there's only 6 million Libyans so can't see it taking much.

Would have been ideal if he'd done a Mubarak and walked away, power to the people and all that.

#125 ·

I don't have time to read all the garbage in this thread but the bottom line is that the coalition is doing what they have to do here and any military not involved can go shove a rocket right up their asses. It's pathetic how the Americans, Brits and Canadians are always the ones policing the world while the Russians, Chinese and other large military forces do jack shit.

So it's simple, blow the bitch up and watch that clown squirm, it's the right move.

#129 ·

I don't have time to read all the garbage in this thread but the bottom line is that the coalition is doing what they have to do here and any military not involved can go shove a rocket right up their asses. It's pathetic how the Americans, Brits and Canadians are always the ones policing the world while the Russians, Chinese and other large military forces do jack shit.

So it's simple, blow the bitch up and watch that clown squirm, it's the right move.
spoken like a true american cowboy :retard:

#131 ·

Send in a ******* (my brother will work) with a 12 pack of Bud and a rifle with a scope. Take out the crazy man and get it over with. Of course, that's what I said about Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden.

#140 ·

My opinion is - do nothing. It's an interior issue of this country. No one is entitled to interfere, Libya should settle this by her own.

#141 ·

My opinion is - do nothing. It's an interior issue of this country. No one is entitled to interfere, Libya should settle this by her own.
I disagree.

In 2011, we still have dictators in charge of countries. It's unacceptable.

Secondly, we do not want to leave Gadaffi there like we did Hussain in Iraq.

#181 ·

Excuse me, but you never answered my questions.

How are they being paid? Who is paying them? How did this come to your attention? Why does the west want to invade Libya? Are the protesters in other arab countries also being paid by the west?
Please enlighten us, Mr Glenn!

#182 ·

Excuse me, but you never answered my questions.

Please enlighten us, Mr Glenn!
If you're clueless about the world then it's not my problem.

Obviously Libya has oil - main reason the west is backing this insurrection. They're probably paid by the CIA and/or the MI5 and/or their French equivalent with the money of oil companies. Doesn't matter which one, but probably all of the big ones.

The other insurrections actually frustrated the west's plans. In Algeria, the French supported Ben Ali up until the last minutes and Mubarak had the US and Israel behind him. In Bahrain, protests are being violently repressed by Saudis - the US advanced post in the region.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.