Mens Tennis Forums banner

Juan Carlos News Thread

251K views 2K replies 101 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 ·
Here we go, I start the news thread then. Anyone got any news.............well apart from eating snails with David Ferrer!!!

#159 ·
I watch the match on TV and Ward played some great tennis. At times I could see shades of Juan Carlos in him.
Plus they kept talking about Juan Carlos on tv which was really cool!!!

#160 ·
Here is the latest news on his injury from his offical website and it is all positive:):):)

Se recupera positivamente
El doctor Ignacio Muñoz ha infiltrado hoy a Juan Carlos que tendrá que esperar hasta mañana para volver a entrenar. Juan Carlos sigue mejorando positivamente y ya se prepara para la cita de Wimblendon en Londres.
Juan Carlos jugará su próximo torneo en la hierba de Wimblendon. El de Onteniente no quiere arriesgar y quiere recuperarse al 100% y así poder disputar el torneo de Londres. Juan Carlos acudió hoy a Valencia, a visitar la consulta de su médico Ignacio Muñoz y ser infiltrado en su aductor. Tendrá que descansar mañana por la mañana debido a la inyección, pero por la tarde podrá reanudar su preparación para Wimblendon.

It Recovers Positively
Dr. Ignacio Munoz has infiltrated today with Juan Carlos that will have to wait until tomorrow to re-train. Juan Carlos continues to improve and positively and prepares for the appointment of Wimblendon in London.
Juan Carlos will play his next tournament on grass Wimblendon. The Onteniente not want to risk and wants to recover 100% and can play the tournament in London. Juan Carlos went to Valencia today, to visit consulting doctor Ignacio Munoz and be injected into his adductor. He will need to rest tomorrow morning due to the injection, but may resume in the afternoon preparing for Wimblendon.

#163 ·
cool :) thanks

#167 ·
:sad:
Hope he will be completely fit and can play pain-free in Wimbledon...!

#168 ·
Hopefully his withdrawal will just turn out to be precautionary

#169 ·
Yeah I didn't think we expected Ferrero to play here, but still this injury is really really worrying. Hopefully it will be fine by Wimbledon and he does everything he can to ensure that it's the case. But what I'm worried about is that apparently this pain is still relatively undiagnosed from what we've been hearing. They're trying to stop the pain, but we don't really know whats causing it. I hope this won't be an ongoing problem, but I just think it will be:(

#171 ·
From reading on his website he has had no intention of playing in Holland since he got back home from France. It has all been geared at him getting fit and ready for Wimbledon. Last posting on his website said he was doing well increasing his trianing and the pain in his leg had not been a problem. That was on Thursday.

#172 ·
I don't know what to think to be honest. He's always letting us know how healthy he is, and then he plays a match and it flares up again. I'd rather he takes the time off to make sure he's 100% healthy rather than just convincing himself that he's able to play, rather than have an ongoing battle with injuries. I'm so worried:sad:

#175 ·
Yes I just read that:):):)Looking good for him :):):)

#176 ·
Woohoo that's a great news. :D Hope this time the pain will never recur!

#177 ·
Thanks excellent news. I just hope he doesn't aggrivate it.

And I'm happy he's coming to London for all of you going to Wimby this year

#179 ·
:) really good news

#181 ·
Yeah exactly.

It would be nice if he can do well at Wimby, but I'm not holding my breath.Provided he's not hurting from his injury, I'm happy whatever

#184 ·
Aww I'm sorry about that. It is for the best though, and you'll be able to see a healthy JC winning for you anyway.

I think I'd rather not see him at all, then watch him in pain.

#183 ·
It was expected but I'm still sorry to hear that. Here's what it says on his website:

Tiempo de recuperación
El equipo técnico de Juan Carlos Ferrero sugiere un tiempo fuera de la competición para poder recuperarse físicamente.
Después de 3 meses con molestias musculares y lesiones, los médicos de Juan Carlos sugieren un tiempo de recuperación y puesta apunto para que éste no vuelva a recaer. Lo importante es estos momentos no es sólo la recuperación de la lesión sino, una vez recuperado, llevar a cabo una buena puesta a punto.
Les seguiremos informando de su evolución.

Recovery time
The equipment of Juan Carlos Ferrero suggests a time outside the competition to be able to physically recover.
After 3 months with muscular annoyances and injuries, the doctors of Juan Carlos suggest a recovery time and put I aim so that this one does not return to fall. The important thing is these moments is not only the recovery of the injury but, once recovered, to carry out a good completion.
To them we will continue informing into its evolution.

This post has been deleted
#185 ·
Thanks for that, I had no idea about that. But it's good, I'm glad he's giving himself the time he needs to recover

#186 ·
I think he is doing the most sensiable thing now. He must be aimming to come back for the US Open.
Sorry to everyone who is going to miss seeing him:sad::sad::sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.