Mens Tennis Forums banner

Spring Hardcourts

16K views 99 replies 19 participants last post by  Deboogle!. 
#1 ·
So. Andy plays Richard Berankis in the first round of Memphis. He's also teaming up with Milos Raonic to play doubles.

Intriguing combo all around.

Brooklyn's "Just Go With It" opens this weekend and got splattered with a 19% reviewers rating (79% audience rating) on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm sure it'll do well enough to convince Hollywood geniuses to make more awful romantic comedies with Jennifer Aniston that nobody sees.

#30 ·
What a final shot to win the match :banana: That was one of sickest diving shots I've ever seen :eek:

Lost a lot of nerves watching this one, but congrats Andy with your #30 title :yeah: What is it now? 11 years in a row with a title?!

#31 ·
yep something like that. really good he could pull it out in the end, after all those wasted MPs, i thought for sure he would find a way to lose :rolls:

#32 ·
Me too, was biting my fingernails, when thinking about the upcoming tiebreak :lol: These 500p will be handy, when IW/Miami approaches...

#33 ·
Now he's got to do something at one of these Big HC events coming up. Is it too much to ask that he win them both? haha.

This was a pretty craptastic match, I didn't realize Andy was as sick as he was. He really managed how much he moved and retrieved etc. unless it was in the TB or obviously on MP. I think if he was at full health he would have won straight sets, probably like 7-6, 6-2 or something. He dropped serve because he made a bunch of unforced errors, I guess Milos was exhausted too because he's service speed/percentage dropped in that final set. I thought he played much better against Delpo yesterday.

Is Andy really going to play Delray beach?

#35 ·
hopefully they will give him a wednesday start. if not i hope he doesn't

#36 ·
Yay that one dimensional no talent frat boy jerk won another American Mickey Mouse tournament where all the officials were paid off to make sure it happened.

;) Well done young Andrew, get some food, get some sleep, let your hair grow out a little please. :kiss:

#42 ·
Yay that one dimensional no talent frat boy jerk won another American Mickey Mouse tournament where all the officials were paid off to make sure it happened.
IKR? It's so freaking obvious that his whole career is a con job. ;)

And on a serious note, that match point to win it...I'm still :eek: over it.

#40 ·
Well, 30 titles, 50 finals...not a bad thing. He beat quality players to get this title, fought hard in the final. Should be great for his confidence. And yeah, the 500 points are usefull. I really hope it is not serious and he does not nor risk his health with playing Delrey Beach.

After all, prestigious wins, great week. He is still something! :)

#44 ·
Champion Andy Roddick said he wasn't certain he'd be able to play Sunday's final a few hours before the 3 p.m. start. His concern was he wouldn't be able to put forth the proper effort to win.

''I've had a little bit of a neck issue all week and I've been a little sick,'' said Roddick, who visited his wife, model Brooklyn Decker, in New York before coming to Memphis. ''My wife was really sick last week and I think I may have caught it this week. I had a cold and a cough and that's fine, but (Sunday) was the first day where I woke up and things were aching and I was low on energy and wasn't feeling real stellar. I think I warmed up for about four minutes before (walking out to the court).''

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/21/rmkc-notebook-mirnyi-nestor-win-doubles-title/

Andy :eek::bowdown:

#45 ·
I'm still so very happy about the win. While Raonic seems like a good sort (his Youtube comment was awesome), I'm glad Andy won and not just because I'm biased. There was too much bandwagoning going on and that typically is too much pressure for a young player. Andy needed this title more and Raonic moved up the rankings anyway. Win-win.

#47 ·
the tourney site is advertising him as playing tomorrow, so i would be surprised if he does play. the following week he has davis cup in chile, then he has the really important masters events. no need to play this 250 event.

#48 ·
Maybe he will wait untill the last moment, who knows. Maybe he is already fine now...I guess I started dreaming...

Imo, returning to Davis Cup is not good. Maybe most of you guys(the americans) think it is good, but I can't see how this is going to help his career. I mean, he is getting injures more and more often, and this travelling and changing surfaces - I don't see anything good from this. But anyway, this is his decision and as a fan I respect it.

#50 ·
I think it's nice that he still wants to play. I don't think it's necessarily good for his own career, and I think most of the Americans here would probably agree.

But as you said, it's his decision and it is who he is. hopefully we will win pretty easily and it won't be tooooo taxing on him.

Doug just tweeted that andy was "very sick" yesterday, can't imagine he will play Delray

edit: thanks for doing the math, WH. No point in playing for sure.

#53 ·
omg you guys, my internet connection blew out when Andy was up 4-1 in the third set!!! :banghead: :bigcry: I wasn't able to watch the end of the match, I was going craazy trying to find out if Andy won or not. :scared: Finally, a day later, I learn the good news. :bounce:

I am so happy for him. I'll be honest and say I had no expectations for him this week, his passive lackluster performance at AO didn't give me much hope for the spring, but he beat some good players this year, changing up his game vs Del Potro to be more aggressive, and then beating the Flavor of the Month, an on-fire Raonic. It would've sucked if he'd lost to that guy.

Once upon a time, the 2004 version of Andy Roddick used to love to beat the crap out of the young upstarts. I'm glad to see that hasn't changed in his old age. Oh goody goody gumdrops. :devil:

#57 ·
Tangy let me know how many good reps you get for that quote in your signature, from all the trolls who don't recognize sarcasm. :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.