Mens Tennis Forums banner

Borna Coric

178K views 1K replies 71 participants last post by  NDee 
#1 ·
Borna Coric is the best Croatian junior player, he is the youngest player in the top 100 (39), one of the most talented young players in the world so he deserves his own thread.

Tomorrow starts a G1 tournament in Traralgon, Australia.In the first round Borna will play against Stefano Napolitano- #10 on the junior ranking.Napolitano is 1 year and 7 months older than Borna and he is #8 seeded on this tournament.

#183 ·
Is he from Split?

#199 ·
Nice win Coric! Berrer is too much on this court, but a good tournament nonetheless.

#204 ·
I think he will play this two Futures in Zagreb and than go to play Futures in Istria in Mart. There is 4 futures week-by-week, famous Istarska Riviera. I think I will go to watch him life on Riviera.
He will probably play just half of that tournaments, good training is now very important.

#210 · (Edited)
Just solid?
Kokkinakis has Just one win out of 4 matches vs players ranked in mid 300's. Made it wih 16 and a half (3 months older).
Quinzi has 3 out of nine matches. Made it first one like Borna (16 y, 3 m) but beated #220 ranked player (the other two are around 300th spot). Borna is on 1:1.
Quinzi played 49 matches,Kokkinakis played 31 while Borna played just 9.
When that young beat so convinsigly 13 years older guy, that's good enough.

E.g. Adam Pavlasek (who Borna beated last year) who is one of better ranked player generation 1994 doesn't have victory over player ranked in mid 300's.

:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.