Mens Tennis Forums banner

Borna Coric

178K views 1K replies 71 participants last post by  NDee 
#1 ·
Borna Coric is the best Croatian junior player, he is the youngest player in the top 100 (39), one of the most talented young players in the world so he deserves his own thread.

Tomorrow starts a G1 tournament in Traralgon, Australia.In the first round Borna will play against Stefano Napolitano- #10 on the junior ranking.Napolitano is 1 year and 7 months older than Borna and he is #8 seeded on this tournament.

#154 ·
Not needed after this video I saw. I can see he has great backhand, solid forehand, bad serve and great movement.
On the other side, Qunzi is away stronger psihically, higher. He has bigger shots, punch through the ball and he is away slower. He is equally good from both wings and has better serve.

All at all Coric can become good player. He has all the talents, but his serve is so doubtful. He is not high plus his serve montion is not good, should punch the ball from higher point.

#156 ·
Borna has recently been in relatively poor form: in his last five tournaments leading up to this week he had been 2-5 in singles and 5-5 in doubles; and his ranking is down to #52 (down from his CH of 20).

This week in Osaka he has taken advantage of a very weak draw (for a GA) to reach the SF in singles and F in doubles. He will cut his ranking in about half, to about 26.

#158 ·
^ Borna up to a new CH ranking: #19!

There are three other 1996 players ranked ahead of him, but Borna is the youngest. Quinzi (#5) and Rubin (#12) are about 9 months older, while Chung (#17) is about 6 months older.

It would be fantastic if he were seeded at the Australian Open.

#160 ·
As I watched him at Trofeo Bonfiglio he has great beckhand, amazing footwork, sloppy forehand and sloppy serve. Hope Goran will learn him how to serve (what is actually to late). He worked on his forehand recently.
And I think he is 187 (he seems tall when you watch his pictures on FB).

#163 ·
We will see. Rubin and Chung (who are 6 to 9 months older and are in top 20) and they are at same body power have 3-4 Futures payed like he has.
Borna is around 187 (maybe 185) height but is tiny and he was 182 just few months ago.

From time Quinzi turned 16 he has 12:8, but he is away stronger and heigher than them.

#167 ·
Boran is in action today!
First opponent will be martin Redlicki who he beat at Orange Bowl last year. It was in fist round and it wasn't easy.
Good luck.

He is scheduled to play 3rd match on court 15 (just after that Konjuh will play her first match).

PS It's cool to see Ivanisevic play at every single Slam. Majoli started to play, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.