Mens Tennis Forums banner

Your favourite(s)?

Favourite Top 100 Tennis Player - Quarterfinal 1

4K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  Slasher1985 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. We have come to the Quarterfinals! :)
You voted and chose four players from the ten groups I randomly proposed too you. There have been some great and early eliminations, and some many dark horses.
It's you again who will chose 5 players from every Quarterfinal. Every day I'll open a Quarterfinal.
But how players have been divided?

To avoid to have Top favourites from each group if selecting players randomly, I've made a little change. Players will be taken randomly, one for group of course, but in case of two consequential players who share the same position in two consequential groups, I'll chose another random player. So this is more fair!

So, let's see Quarterfinal 1.

Contestants

1. Simon, Gilles
"Gillou" succesfully qualified from Group 1, ranking in the third place.

2. Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried
"Stronga" made it to the Quarterfinals by winning his Group, Group 2.

3. Mathieu, Paul-Henri
Mathieu was one of the surprises from Groups Stage. Not being seeded, he was voted as the fourth favourite of Group 3.

4. Dimitrov, Grigor
It was kinda shocking to see Grigor winning his Group, Group 4.

5. Murray, Andy
Murray did not win his Group, Group 5, but he succesfully qualified for Quarterfinals as second of the poll.

6. Harrison, Ryan
Harrison got the last avaliable place in his group, Group 6. Will he get enough votes to close in Top 5 here?

7. Raonic, Milos
Raonic ended up with the same votes of Brian Baker in his Group, and had to come second in Decider Group to reach Quarterfinals.

8. Nishikori, Kei
Another strong element from another strong Group, Group 8. Nishikori close as second, not far behind Del Potro.

9. Nieminen, Jarkko
Many could be surprised, but Nieminen got to the Quarterfinals, closing as third favourite Group 9. Let's see if he will go further.

10. Isner, John
The Giant of America got the last spot from Group 10, getting few votes, although it has to be said he was with two favourites like Federer and rising star Janowicz.

You can vote for more than a player.
Poll will stay opened until Thursday evening.​

See less See more
#2 ·
bye bye Mugray :haha:

my votes:
Jo
PHM
Kei
Isner
The Suomi's Shark

#6 ·
I love putting rules in my Life EVERYTIME EVERYWHERE constantly ! i live by my norms !
so i decided in the previous 10 groups to vote for 2 PLAYERS in each group i did it in the play-offs i voted only for Davy cause he was missed and this is an exception to the rule...
this time my 2 votes got
Nieminen and Mathieu !
Go go go !

#8 ·
Dimitrov, Nishikori, Raonic, Simon, Harrison

Too many favourites here. I hope all of them will get to the next round:lol:

#11 ·
Simon and Mathieu here.

#17 ·
Why do we like Nishikori again?

Because he's such a nice kid?

#20 ·
It's stupid to give people 5 votes, nobody realistically supports 5 players here, but it allows people to essentially negatively vote against people they don't like...

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
I'm surprised too of Murray getting this few votes - after a season he won his first GrandSlam in. :eek:
...He even won the Olympic Games, a tournament praised so much by MTF. :eek::eek:
Not really that surprising. If anything, his success probably attracted more criticism. The tennis populous is always looking for a whipping boy, but the truth is, the sport is made better by his presence.

#26 ·
Dimi is winning this poll, really.

This too, has MTF gone totally bonkers.

#30 ·
why suprised :shrug:

Dimitrov is gorgeous, Murray is ghastly, easy outcome :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.