Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "The Original Title for this thread was too long" Thread

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  Haute 
#1 ·
The actual name of this thread was going to be, The "Win a title already, doesn't matter where, just as long as it gives people something else to talk about other than those stupid Sharapova rumors" thread :p

#3 ·
The "I have no idea what I should talk but like this thread" Thread. :p

Ps.I really hate that stupid Sharapova rumors thread!
Ha,she said that blablabla! :rolleyes:

#4 ·
I'll give him another year's grace to win his next title and break even with a W-L record of 12-12...if Bjorkman can do it, so can you, Juanqui! :shout: ;)

#5 ·
I was just looking at who's playing this week and next week, and it is possible that JC could end the year in the top 15 (or at least 16-17)...other players will have a lot of points to defend.

ToJo has 240 - 15 from Moscow that he won't defend, and 220 from winning Stockholm
After Moscow points fall off, he'll only be 185 points from JC. As long as he doesn't get further than the Semis in Stockholm, JC will pass him.

Richard Gasquet has 170 points to defend in Moselle from reaching the final, he's still 320 points ahead of JC.

LaLo has 270 points, 250 from winning Vienna last year...so this pretty much guarantees that JC will stay ahead of him. :p

Hrbaty has 110 from QF in Kremlin, but he's playing in Moselle and Moscow the next two weeks. JC is currently 14 points ahead of him.

#6 ·
As for the rest of the year: Madrid, Basel, Lyon, St. Petersburg, and Paris Masters.

Ljubicic has 225 from Madrid, 60 from Basel, and I think it was 20 from Lyon. Total of 305, which does leave room for JC to sneak back in (55 points total for JC to defend).

Robredo has 125 from Madrid, 25 from Basel, and 35 from Paris for a total of 185 points. He's currently 60 points ahead of JC.

Nalbandian has 350 from the Madrid final last year, and 175 from the final of Basel for a total of 525 points. He's currently 625 points ahead of JC.

Ferrer has 100 points from Lyon, and 5 from another first round lost for a total of 105. He's currently 165 points ahead of JC.

Stepanek has 350 points from the final of Paris. He's 190 points ahead of JC right now.

Let's speculate that JC gets to at least the Quarters of Vienna and Basel (60 each), and the third round of Madrid and Paris (75 each). These will give him 270 points. His 35 points from Madrid if he defends them, will take him down to 235. Subtract 20 from Lyon for 215. This would take him from 1290 to 1505, enough to finish the year at #13 by the current numbers, but doesn't take into consideration Nalbandian, Gasquet, and how everyone else in the 15-25 range will perform between now and Paris.

There still is hope for JC to finish top 15!

#7 ·
Your analysis rocks! :rocker:
I just assure that Juan keeps leading ahead Lalo. :aplot:
Just hope Ivan will win defend most of pts, :cool: he sucks on clay and is quite good at indoor.But would like Juan to lead ahead other players. ;)

#10 ·
Those will disappear soon.I don't believe unless they show some evidence! :rolleyes:

Pat rocks! :kiss::rocker::yeah:

#13 ·
Sol Apollo said:
The rumors usually come back out at a time like this weekend, where it looks like he'll win but then he doesn't.
they also surface when someone asks about his girlfriend or whether he has one, because they heard something.

#14 ·
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Those romours! I think most of it is wishful thinking on Maria's part!!!

#15 ·
:rolleyes: these maria rumours are so boring

#16 ·
Sol Apollo said:
...LaLo has 270 points, 250 from winning Vienna last year...so this pretty much guarantees that JC will stay ahead of him. :p
:yeah: He better or else! :armed: ;)

#17 ·
#18 ·
Re: Screamapova rumours...from the mosquito's mouth...

Entrevista | Juan Carlos Ferrero
"ME HACE ILUSIÓN VOLVER AL EQUIPO DE COPA DAVIS"
JOSÉ MANUEL MUÑOZ - 08-09-05

...¿Qué tal le va con Patricia?
Fenomenal. Es la mujer de mi vida. Dijeron que estaba con Sharapova, pero no le di importancia. Es mi amiga y se entrena en mi academia, nada más.

#19 ·
RogiFan88 said:
Re: Screamapova rumours...from the mosquito's mouth...

Entrevista | Juan Carlos Ferrero
"ME HACE ILUSIÓN VOLVER AL EQUIPO DE COPA DAVIS"
JOSÉ MANUEL MUÑOZ - 08-09-05

...¿Qué tal le va con Patricia?
Fenomenal. Es la mujer de mi vida. Dijeron que estaba con Sharapova, pero no le di importancia. Es mi amiga y se entrena en mi academia, nada más.

#21 ·
Sol Apollo said:
The actual name of this thread was going to be, The "Win a title already, doesn't matter where, just as long as it gives people something else to talk about other than those stupid Sharapova rumors" thread :p
I wouldnt be waiting a title, he has to start playing better than in the last few weeks, thats more important, then maybe results will come....I mean he cant even get to the final in a tourney where there's no Nadal or Fed or any top guy for that matter, so I think he still hasnt found his confidence. Lets hope he'll have some good results though.

#22 ·
He must stay so focus until he wins his matches.
Don't think low ranking player won't beat you,they all desperately fight for pts even have more motivation than you Juan! :shrug:

#23 ·
I think we need to go back to having low expectations for him, in order for him to start winning titles again.

For instance, I had honestly convinced myself that Venus was going to lose in the first or second round of Wimbledon this year, and look how that turned out. ;) Not quite reverse psychology this time, because you actually have to believe it. lol :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.