Mens Tennis Forums banner

Enjoy the summer sun

13K views 112 replies 7 participants last post by  Lesliem 
#1 ·
Summer outdoor hardcourt season starts with Granby this week. He plays another frenchies Mathieu Rodrigues and didn't enter doubles.

#2 ·
They put him on center court in evening session today. Good luck to him :) as he has bad stats on challenger this year for him :sad: and finally Rodrigues is one of the more tough first round he could have had :lol: when we make the comparaison with the rest of the draw of course :p

#3 ·
6-3 6-3!!! His first challenger win of the season!

By the way, Arnaud needs around 29000$ to have 7 Million in his entire career.

#4 ·
By the way, Arnaud needs around 29000$ to have 7 Million in his entire career.
If he has too much he can give me a bit of his prize money :umbrella:

I looked at the entry list and it doesn't look he will take too much holidays this summer. He will come back in Europe to play challengers on hardcourt like Recanati and Segovia and then will have to fly again in US for USO qualies. Buzy summer

To come back on Granby Thursday he will play an unknown guy :confused:

#7 ·
Not exactly It seems that at one moment Arno was not happy with the new balls and would have ask all of them to complain to the umpire.

But i'm not totally convinced by the article already he wrote that Arno was broken after that episode while i watched the stats and he was not :confused: and why there will have new balls at 63 31 it's after 7 games and then 9 no :confused: Well Arno was not happy with the ball as the pic tell us.

Let's hope he will stay focus tomorrow against the young american never easy to play a guy you never see.

#9 ·
Find some things in the local newpaper.

So He was not very happy about his game yesterday. he knows he has to play better against Nico and he remembers very well that he always lost to him. And ealier in the week he gave an interview and we see that his health is still the big question for him. He says he wants points which would explain his buzy schedule.

#10 · (Edited)
Arno is going everywhere to get that top 100 spot at the end of the year. Outside of the USO 90 points, he doesn't defend much the rest of the year, but 90 points is a lot, so he needs to win now to buffer any potential loss of points from New York.

He needs to win this challenger. He won the first set 6-1 over Mahut.

#12 ·
:eek: First win over Nico :eek:

I just look at the stats and he saved a ton of BP in second set and it seems that it was a quite long match for such a scoreline. Next is Roger-Vasselin who also beat very often Arno and ERV is in a great shape lately with very good results. Arno was late on the court yesterday and early today not easy for him :p Well good luck but it's already a good week

An article about a young ballkid http://www.canadafrancais.com/blogues2/index.php/blogueur/2893 I hope Arno is kind with this little boy :angel:

#13 · (Edited)
He lost 61/36/36 to ERV. I read that he missed many opportunities in the third set. he said after the match that he was disappointed but that ERV played well and was deserving the win he said he was quite happy about that week. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/la-voix-d...13b_challenger-de-tennis_1569250_section_POS1

Well it's only 33 points :sad: and he was not able to play Atlanta Q. In the post match interview after his win over Nico it looks like he's fed up with his ranking and wants to climb up :drive: We hope the same :angel:

ERV won Granby that's the second week in a row that he lost to the tournament winner and before that he lost to Kubot who was one point away from 1/4 in Wim. Indeed he was not lucky hopefully he can maintain that level with more luck :rolleyes:

Attachments

#16 ·
Yeah it rained a lot. Same as where I live. I do hope he will play nex Sunday as well :)
Why is it strange that he played? I guess he has a contract with the team and next Sunday is the last day. That didn't leave much time to fulfill his part of the deal. :shrug: And for the players Bundesliga is pretty relaxed. Too bad they didn't win, in the preview the teamchef expected a win from him.
And the tie Halle - DĂĽsseldorf was the most anticipated. Both teams are considered the strongest in the Bundesliga.

#17 · (Edited)
Yeah it rained a lot. Same as where I live. I do hope he will play nex Sunday as well :)
I use to know you more optimistic ;) we must hope he will be be in Recanati final next sunday :cheerleader:

Why is it strange that he played? I guess he has a contract with the team and next Sunday is the last day. That didn't leave much time to fulfill his part of the deal. :shrug:
It's the schedule who is strange clay and sunday before a tournament If he had been scheduled on monday in recanati it would have been tough hopefully he's not.

And for the players Bundesliga is pretty relaxed. Too bad they didn't win, in the preview the teamchef expected a win from him.
And the tie Halle - DĂĽsseldorf was the most anticipated. Both teams are considered the strongest in the Bundesliga.
Yes pity they lost as they were looking a better team on paper. It's Aachen the fav for the title ?

Then come back on Recanati he's really not lucky he draws a qualifier but it's Cipolla :eek: who plays the qualies while he would have been in the draw if he had entered the event. Arno never beat Cipolla his game without pace is not easy for Arno. Not lucky with his draw again :rolleyes: He's seeds but plays a player with better ranking than him. Well i'm not telling Cipolla is a fabulous player :p but it's a bad draw considering the field.

#21 · (Edited)
lost first set 57 in 1 hour and 11 minutes :eek:

Cipolla is really a tough player :sad: for Arno making him work a lot. Of course as expected most of the time Arno has to create the game and Flavio defends and uses his slice but the attacking game of Arno is not always enough good to make the points with some faults. It's just frustrating match and opponent for Arno you see him near but you stay behind :crazy:.

The streaming is not great quality and as I'm totally irritated by that draw I left it :mad: a 30000$ you are seed and this :sad:

finished 5-7/1-6 :sad:

fast second set 1-6 hopefully i didn't see the streaming for that one :ignore: but it looks he was done after that long first set battle. I was feeling the loss since i saw Cipolla appears :( He's not confident and would need at least one easy match to start a tournament but it's tennis nothing easy you have to do the points by yourself :tennis:. Considering all the efforts he makes to find a decent level I assume the deception is here. 3/4 of the season and nothing exciting happened :zzz: he's proud and it's cool to read he's not happy with his ranking and would come back at least in top 50 :armed: but more the season advances more it's depressing on that point :drink: it's not very fun to work so much to be 200# and loss early in tournaments :unsure: :hug: Can things turn around soon ?

I'm waiting indoor season this part of the season is not very exciting anyway :p

#22 ·
Soulage, your reason for editing the post is hilarious. :lol:

I'm sad for him, it must be tough indeed. I hope the hard court is better, I'm sure it turns around for him then. :)
Maybe he should get a little Arnaud, just like Gilles. With 3 titles after Timothée's birth, I'm convinced babies are good for tennisplayers. :hearts:

#23 ·
Maybe he should get a little Arnaud, just like Gilles. With 3 titles after Timothée's birth, I'm convinced babies are good for tennisplayers. :hearts:
:rolls: I think it's too late unless he has a baby to born tomorrow :unsure: it won't help his season now :p I saw the pics of Carine Thimothée and Gilles in Hamburg that was really cute ;) I remember too players retiring after babies birth :angel:

I'm sad for him, it must be tough indeed. I hope the hard court is better, I'm sure it turns around for him then. :)
Since Bordeaux where he was not on court to win I feel him very serious on court coming with desire but we must say that since these 2 months his implication doesn"t pay off :sad: that"s long. I'm afraid this with soon affected his head then it's only tennis and as a veteran this king of fall can happen . Well he's free on sunday maybe in Halle if the teamchef wants. Then Segovia if he's not fed up and doesn't take holidays.

#24 ·
He can borrow his nephew as a lucky charm for this season :p
I am so in love with that little family of Gilles, they are so cute together. :hearts: I think I watched that video 20 times already and I have the photos on my phone :eek: :tape:

We can give him a peptalk if he plays for Halle this weekend ;)

#27 ·
She was at Roland Garros but she's really busy at the moment...Her last cd is a big succes in France and she's on stage the whole summer :). As I'm an admirer of the girl I can tell you that Arnaud's family (brother & wife, parents, cousins ect..) were at his concert in Provence last thuesday while Arno was losing his match against Cipolla :awww:

#31 ·
Yes I was there. I spend my holidays in the south of France and there was a Nolwenn's concert at the same period so it was the perfect occasion to see her on stage this summer for me :). The show is really different from the Cheshire cat's one but as stunning as the precedent and even more ! This kind of songs really suits her and she has a great energy, a pleasure to see and hear for sure...

I know you love Bruno :D, he was not far from me, it was the first time I saw him and I found him really handsome (with very beautiful golden blonde hair lol) and tanned ! Whaou :hearts:. His wife was wearing a "marinière" the famous tee-shirt from Britanny ;)

It was really fun to see the same people who are always at Arno's matches at the Open 13 and even an Arno's friend from the country club of Aix en Provence.

I'm really sad for him, his level is better than his ranking and he has absolutly no luck with the draws at the moment. I hope this bad patch will soon end with a good result, if the contrary happens I guess it will be more and more difficult for him to find motivation...
I'm jealous, I also want to spend my holiday in the south of France. I always want to be in the south of France :p :hearts: Maybe one day. :D
Glad to hear the show is great, I really can't wait, but November still takes so long. :(

Hihi, it was quite obvious during the time he was Arnaud's coach. :eek: But he was just so nice every time we asked him something. :D Too bad I didn't see him after Arnaud's match in Marseille, would have been nice to say hi to him. You must have had very good seats to be so close to him and the family. :)

The draw gods had mercy for Gilles at some point, soon it will be Arnaud's turn. :D
Everything will come together for him at one point this year. :cheerleader:

#32 ·
I'm jealous, I also want to spend my holiday in the south of France. I always want to be in the south of France :p :hearts: Maybe one day. :D
Glad to hear the show is great, I really can't wait, but November still takes so long. :(

Hihi, it was quite obvious during the time he was Arnaud's coach. :eek: But he was just so nice every time we asked him something. :D Too bad I didn't see him after Arnaud's match in Marseille, would have been nice to say hi to him. You must have had very good seats to be so close to him and the family. :)
It was a kind of theatre, outside, a very nice place :angel:, you can see it there http://www.mairie-gemenos.fr/Loisirs/Culture/Theatre-de-Verdure/Historique

I had good seats, maybe 2 or 3 rows behind the family but they had chairs unlike us :p. It was unnumbered seats, so you had to arrive pretty early before the show if you want the better seats ;)

Désolée pour le HS

#33 ·
Was he in Halle yesterday ? ;)

He already plays today against Sijsling (impossible to see the draw for the moment on the ATP website :confused: but he's apparently in the part with Mahut & Schuettler), I think there will be a videostream...

#39 ·
No, he wasn't. :sadface: I already expected that, but still... Good thing is that I could work and earn money to visit more tournaments this year. :eek:

I'm not convinced he enjoys the summer sun what a stupid title actually :smash:

Some summer holidays would be good to see how life is without tennis and for us how life is without the french veteran on ATP tour :sad: as we can't say we are on the ideal way for an extra season :scratch: unless he wants to be the next George Bastl or something like that or a player more focused on doubles. It would be cool to know a bit of his actual spirit :wazzup:. I hope he can enjoy the indoor season with some tournaments near home. You can play qualies more easily and see some friends :yeah:.

he's off for at least for 3 weeks as he entered no events I think we have to check the list for USO qualies which are starting the 23th will he travel again over the ocean ? then I would say some chances for the Saint Remy de Provence challenger during second week of USO, Metz, Mons, Rennes, Orleans well a bit of home crowd.
There is no sun to enjoy anyway. :p I guess it will come in September when I am back at school. :(

I hope he decides to stay one the tour a bit longer as a doubles player if he decides to quit singles. And otherwise as a coach, for Mannarino or Paire. My two favorite youngsters. :angel:

Hopefully Mons, I already have my tickets. :p If anyone wants to go too, the tickets are free for a limited time. :)

I'm wondering about the coach situation :confused: In the pics i found that Julien Jean Pierre was again there at least someone looking like him maybe for Nico :confused: But since Wimbledon i found no traces of Boris or Olivier near Arno :unsure:
I don't really know Olivier, have never seen him, but I like Boris. He should stay with Arnaud. :awww:

#34 ·
Arno lost his match against Sijsling 2/6 - 6/1 - 6/7 (8/10)

I saw the match on livestream...It was really awful at the beginning by both players, they were unable to keep their serve with a lot of unforced errors and double faults. Arno with just an average level should have won this 1st set easily but he was playing poorly...

2nd set was better by Arno with good shots and Sijsling always poor in the game.

The 3rd set was good, the 2 players hold their serve easily excepting the last one before the tie-break when Arno had to save a match point.

The tie-break was tensed and inconsistent with unforced errors but also good shots, double fault and ace...He lost it with an easy volley into the net. In this set they've the same level and again the looser is Arno :sad: but he could have won it in 2 sets so...

Do you know where he has the attention to play now ?

#36 ·
Arno lost his match against Sijsling 2/6 - 6/1 - 6/7 (8/10)

I saw the match on livestream...It was really awful at the beginning by both players, they were unable to keep their serve with a lot of unforced errors and double faults. Arno with just an average level should have won this 1st set easily but he was playing poorly...

2nd set was better by Arno with good shots and Sijsling always poor in the game.

The 3rd set was good, the 2 players hold their serve easily excepting the last one before the tie-break when Arno had to save a match point.

The tie-break was tensed and inconsistent with unforced errors but also good shots, double fault and ace...He lost it with an easy volley into the net. In this set they've the same level and again the looser is Arno :sad: but he could have won it in 2 sets so...
:sad: feel some sadness for him. He's out of the deal because of either a bad level a low confidence or a bad luck depending how you see the things. I assume that this long period of work since RG until Segovia for such poor results really affects him :hug:. I'm not convinced he enjoys the summer sun what a stupid title actually :smash:

Some summer holidays would be good to see how life is without tennis and for us how life is without the french veteran on ATP tour :sad: as we can't say we are on the ideal way for an extra season :scratch: unless he wants to be the next George Bastl or something like that or a player more focused on doubles. It would be cool to know a bit of his actual spirit :wazzup:. I hope he can enjoy the indoor season with some tournaments near home. You can play qualies more easily and see some friends :yeah:.

Do you know where he has the attention to play now ?
he's off for at least for 3 weeks as he entered no events I think we have to check the list for USO qualies which are starting the 23th will he travel again over the ocean ? then I would say some chances for the Saint Remy de Provence challenger during second week of USO, Metz, Mons, Rennes, Orleans well a bit of home crowd.

posted by official website not great video indeed :lol:

and EL HOLANDÉS SIJSLING APEA DE DIECISEISAVOS A UNO DE LOS CABEZA DE SERIE ARNAUD CLÉMENT

El segundo clasificado para octavos de final ha sido el jugador de Amsterdam (177Âş del mundo), Igor Sijsling.

El holandés de 23 años se llevó con comodidad el primer set por 6/2; mientras que el veterano francés, Arnaud Clément (octavo cabeza de serie del torneo) hizo lo propio en la segunda manga por 6/1.

De manera que el partido empezó de verdad en el tercer parcial que, como estaba casi anunciado, desembocó en el tie-break, aunque manejó serias opciones de llevárselo Sijsling.

En el desempate final, Clément se puso 4-2, pero fue cambiar de lado y volvieron todas las opciones a la raqueta del holandés que, sin embargo desaprovechó tres pelotas de partido, permitiendo que el francés dispusiera de otras dos. Hasta que remató Sijsling, tras error de Clément con un 10-8 definitivo.

Después de las más de 2 horas de batalla, los jugadores se expresaban así:

Sijsling: “En el primer set me ha costado acostumbrarme a la pista, pero lo he podido sacar adelante. Nos hemos roto mutuamente el servicio bastantes veces durantes los dos primeros sets; pero en el tercero nos hemos respetado el saque hasta llegar al tie-break y tras 4 bolas de partido he conseguido sacarlo adelante, que era lo importante”

Clément: “Me he sentido bien tanto en pista como por mi juego, pero finalmente no ha podido ser”.
He was 4-2 up in the tie-break according this and what did he say ? He was feeling good :confused: i don't understand the end of the sentence poor spanish for me :facepalm:

#37 ·
where's this tournament? why a spanish report? lol :p

sounds like he's a bit philosophical, if he said 'in the end it couldn't be' according to translation

before we get used to atp without arno, we have to get used to arno without a win, both are hard.

#38 ·
Hi Via :)
where's this tournament? why a spanish report? lol :p
It's near Segovia in the north of Madrid
before we get used to atp without arno, we have to get used to arno without a win, both are hard.
It seems He could have won half of the match he lost past weeks but he can't this also sounds like a metaphor. Physically he feels the years ;) then it's in the head and it gives a tons of loss :sad:

I'm wondering about the coach situation :confused: In the pics i found that Julien Jean Pierre was again there at least someone looking like him maybe for Nico :confused: But since Wimbledon i found no traces of Boris or Olivier near Arno :unsure:

#40 ·
#42 ·
I still think there is a small chance of a WC. He played great in USOpen last year, almost upsetting FIsh in the 3rd round. And unfortunately this could be his last USOpen, so it's again quite logical to give it to him for everything he did in his career.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.