Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (World Tour Finals info needed)

24K views 275 replies 141 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'd like to go to the US OPEN and I'm looking for people who have ever been there.

Is it easy to see the players practrice ?
Do you know a cheap hotel close to the stadium ?
Is it possible to buy tickets the day of the match ?

Well, any informations would be great.

You can send me a private email if you wish.

Thanks a lot in advance for the persons who would answer me.

Valérie

#27 ·
Help Please

Hotel 3 or 4 stars near in manhattan or time squares between 200 and 300 dollas!!!

because im going to the US OPEN!

#29 ·
Re: Help Please

i found this broadway hotel :)

all hotels are really expensive, and i cant afford more than 300 dollars per night because ill be there 15 days

#36 ·
#38 ·
Re: Help Please

Hey Nicofan :wavey:

We're actually going to stay there when hubby runs the NYC marathon. He has to go down a day earlier then Jake and me to register, plus it's really close to Bryant Park which is where you get the buses to the starting line. I also can't see wasting nice hotel room on him. Added bonus is that with suite there is a sofa bed in living room so no need to have kid sleep in the same room as us.

#40 ·
2 Questions?

I am going to stay at the W in Lexington anybody, know about this hotel, is it a good location for going back and forth to Flushing Medows, also for all of you have gone is the best deal just to get the "2008 Ashe Stadium Seating Prices" tickets so i can go to any court when I am there?

#49 ·
Re: 2 Questions?

I am going to stay at the W in Lexington anybody, know about this hotel, is it a good location for going back and forth to Flushing Medows, also for all of you have gone is the best deal just to get the "2008 Ashe Stadium Seating Prices" tickets so i can go to any court when I am there?
I stayed at the W on Lexington when I went to the USO in 2005. The rooms are tiny. Teeny tiny, but in year's past its been the official ATP hotel so you might run into a lot of players and coaches. It is grossly overpriced, BUT it's in a very good location to hop on the subway to get to and from Flushing every day.

If you want to find other hotels in the area (including some that don't charge $15 per day for a wireless connection) here's trick. Go to google maps and put the address of the W in and bring it up on the map, then do a search for local businesses nearby and search for hotels. That should bring up pages of them. If I remember correctly, there is a Doubletree hotel nearby and that is more reasonable (and I think the wireless is free there).

Good luck. :)

#41 ·

I go to the US Open every year, and in my experience a grounds pass is all you really need. A grounds pass is only 40 bucks and it allows you entry to every court besides Ashe. Unless your going to drop a ton to get really good Ashe seats, I don't think it's worth it.

#44 ·

It depends. The night session is a separate ticket from the day session. Usually they sell out really fast beforehand, but every night they hold a certain amount of night session tickets that they sell on site. The have a varied amount of seats, some are pretty decent, but it's first come first serve and depends on if you want to pay for whatever is left.

There's also usually lots of scalpers around outside the site selling tickets, you can sometimes grab a good deal there.

Honestly, if I were gonna do a night session, I'd want good seats and I'd buy them beforehand. I did go one night though with a friend just for the hell of it to see what was available, and I got seats like 8-10 rows back for the Blake-Santoro night match for like 180 or 200 bucks, so it's really up to you.

#45 ·

If it's within your budget then I say stay there, I've never been inside (I don't think) but it's only a few blocks from Grand Central and there you can catch the 7 train which is the train to the tennis center. :shrug: There isn't a whole lot to do around there at night (I mean, relatively speaking, it's Manhattan after all) but if you spend all day at the tennis center you prolly won't feel like you need to go out at night afterwards, and even if you do you're still in a fairly central location for going somewhere else.

Personally I think a grounds pass is really all you need but it depends when you're going, etc. If you're going during 1st week I really wouldn't mess with an Ashe ticket, unless you have super awesome seats, cuz there's so much action on the outer courts and you can get really close. If you're going during the 2d week, there's much less going on on the outer courts, unless you really love doubles or juniors. Even when I have a ticket to Ashe I almost never spend any time in there cuz it's just not as much fun, I'd rather be walking around scoping out all the action. But if you don't like any players outside the top 10, you're better off getting Ashe tickets cuz Roger/Rafa/the Williamses/Roddick/Blake/Ivanovic will most likely be in Arthur Ashe.

As for Ashe night session tickets, I don't usually go to Ashe night session unless somebody has an extra ticket (don't get me wrong, it's super fun, but I don't really go out of my way for it, and there's usually something equally appealing if not moreso at Louis Armstrong).

#51 ·

Lexington, or very nearby it.

#52 ·
US Open tickets

I am going to the US Open this year for the first time.
I saw a picture of Arthur Ashe Stadium:
http://www.usopen.org/Tickets/~/media/B88212AF961C480BA2A31341620DFB75.ashx
I want to know what are the prices for each level.
1. Is it even possible to buy ticket for the loge? They said on the phone that tourists can only buy tickets for the promenade.
2. If I buy tickets for Arthur Ashe, can I enter Armstrong court and the other courts?
3.Is there a spacial deal for tourists?

Thanks for you help :)

#53 ·
Re: US Open tickets

Can't believe nobody helps this guy.

I can answer only what I know.

1. You can buy the box but it's f**king expensive though and sometimes it comes in package for all rounds.
2. If you buy Arthur Ashe, you can enter Arthur Ashe + ground courts. If you buy Armstrong, you can enter Armstrong + ground courts.
3. No idea.

#55 ·
Cheapest way/place to buy US Open Tickets?

I've decided to go visit several friends in NYC on the weekend of the US Open and a law school friend of mine decided we should go and try to get ticket to watch either the semi-finals or finals of the US Open.

Given that we're both in our early 20s, we figured its now or never to get to actually watch Roger Federer in person.

This is my first ticket purchase ever at a Tennis tournament and I hope not to dish out $350 for a single ticket. What is the best way to purchase and get good deals?

#58 ·
Re: Cheapest way/place to buy US Open Tickets?

I've decided to go visit several friends in NYC on the weekend of the US Open and a law school friend of mine decided we should go and try to get ticket to watch either the semi-finals or finals of the US Open.

Given that we're both in our early 20s, we figured its now or never to get to actually watch Roger Federer in person.

This is my first ticket purchase ever at a Tennis tournament and I hope not to dish out $350 for a single ticket. What is the best way to purchase and get good deals?
first of all, no guarantees fed will still be in ny during the final weekend...
2nd of all, good deal for the SF or F........(not great seats at that price, check ebay and craiglist)

#57 · (Edited)

Cheapest way? Steal them.

#59 ·

Why don't you just go to an early round match, that way you're virtually guaranteed to see Fed. There may still be seats for the early rounds night matches. I know there are still tickets for the day sessions in the early rounds. The grounds pass is the best deal, but you don't get to see matches at Arthur Ashe, but you get to sit where you want on Armstrong, Grandstand, etc. and can see top 10 players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.